Kyblack76 Posted February 20, 2014 Report Posted February 20, 2014 ill pm you what nick told me last night, so i dont beat this thread up more..lol..... and misspeak. i hate that, and i was wrong... KIND OF... SMD SUPER SELLER The Burban Build Blazer Build sold Acura trunk build sold
CleanSierra Posted February 20, 2014 Report Posted February 20, 2014 ^^^ I'll bet it's the height of the windings or depth of the voice coil former that makes the difference. As far as what I've SEEN them take, Kenny is giving his half of a DC 9K at 18V. So I'm guessing like 6000-6500? Im not the one you want to try to troll. Just a fyi for you.
OrionStang Posted February 20, 2014 Author Report Posted February 20, 2014 Not sure exactly what this is directed at, but I keep going back to it laughing my ass off. SMD Super Seller My Feedback Thread
fox_racin4 Posted February 20, 2014 Report Posted February 20, 2014 ^^^ I'll bet it's the height of the windings or depth of the voice coil former that makes the difference. As far as what I've SEEN them take, Kenny is giving his half of a DC 9K at 18V. So I'm guessing like 6000-6500? nopeeeeeeeee 1998 gmc extd cab 12 crossfire C710s 4 SAZ-4500s 3 Singer 400A altsbuncha mids/highs Team Asshole
Facekicker Posted February 20, 2014 Report Posted February 20, 2014 I got DC 5.0k's for each of mine. Seems to be the obvious option. 2002 Monte Carlo Started a build log Fi, DC, Mechman, XS Power
CleanSierra Posted February 21, 2014 Report Posted February 21, 2014 ^^^ I'll bet it's the height of the windings or depth of the voice coil former that makes the difference. As far as what I've SEEN them take, Kenny is giving his half of a DC 9K at 18V. So I'm guessing like 6000-6500? nopeeeeeeeeeIt's gonna drive me crazy. I have to know what it is. Im not the one you want to try to troll. Just a fyi for you.
Kyblack76 Posted February 21, 2014 Report Posted February 21, 2014 Ill pm you also SMD SUPER SELLER The Burban Build Blazer Build sold Acura trunk build sold
SnowDrifter Posted February 21, 2014 Report Posted February 21, 2014 Can't say I have anything to contribute given that mine aren't even hooked up yet. But they supposedly have the same coil as an AA SMD, just to give you an idea of things ~~~~~~~~SAY NO TO PHOTOBUCKET~~~~~~~~ Snow's DD-1 tracks here: https://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/167433-snows-dd-1-tracks/ My take on OFC vs CCA: https://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/110381-things-that-piss-you-off-in-the-car-audio-world/?do=findComment&comment=2461444
Kyblack76 Posted February 21, 2014 Report Posted February 21, 2014 Can't say I have anything to contribute given that mine aren't even hooked up yet. But they supposedly have the same coil as an AA SMD, just to give you an idea of things Odd, id think that would be taller... ???? but, ive been wrong all year.. LULZ SMD SUPER SELLER The Burban Build Blazer Build sold Acura trunk build sold
SnowDrifter Posted February 21, 2014 Report Posted February 21, 2014 Coil is the same, the SMD just has a long arse former ~~~~~~~~SAY NO TO PHOTOBUCKET~~~~~~~~ Snow's DD-1 tracks here: https://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/167433-snows-dd-1-tracks/ My take on OFC vs CCA: https://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/110381-things-that-piss-you-off-in-the-car-audio-world/?do=findComment&comment=2461444
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.