RyanJ Posted February 20, 2014 Report Posted February 20, 2014 What's up guys ! So I jus turned 19 yesterday on the 19th haha. But anyways, im going to try an sell my car to try and get something a little quicker and something to turn into a project sort of. So....I was thinkin about sellif my honda accord and buying a Honda s2000 AP2 (even though I want AP1) but I was a little stumped. I mean I know the basics of a two seater.... There's only 2 seats haha.But are there any other super disadvantages of having a 2 seater as my DD at age 19? Reason I want s2000 is because if I get the AP1, it's the fast 2.0 cylinder engine ever except recently Ferrari took the crown. But the ap2 is a 2.2 with more torque. Not only that, it's a Honda so reliability is there and there's a ton of after markets for itI've been looking at project cars for a little time now (mustang 5.0, civics, 350s) but I feel like the S2K will last the longest. Plan to just add intake, headers, exhaust until the stock engine dies. Then save for a LS1 or buy another F20 or F22.My other choice was a infiniti g35C to have the back seats. But s2k is so nice.In the end, are there any other major disadvantages to a two seater and would it be a bad idea to make this car my DD an still mod it MOB-MOBILE: 2005 Honda Accord 5-Speed System: (1) Sundown Audio SA-15 (1) MB Quart ONX1.1500D (1) Kenwood KDC-248U Speakers: -Rear Dash: (2) Clarion SRQ6932R 6x9's SOLD New MOB-MOBILE: 2011 G37S Sedan System:TBD Instagram (18+) : DabsWitaBudget415
Soccerballzs Posted February 20, 2014 Report Posted February 20, 2014 Insurance for 19 on 2 seater$$$$$$$$. http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/garage/vehicle/2438-jeep-commander/I Pioneer P99RSAmpere 38002-Ampere 125/44-6.5 inch Hertz HSK XL Mids4-8 inch JL Audio ZR Midwoofer 2-5.25 Satori Mids2-Morel Tweeters, 2 Hertz Milles 3 inch on A pillars2-Hertz Silk tweeters DC Audio Level 5/12 Skyhigh Wire Mechman 320 XS Power D3100MO Funniest Thread of the Year 2013: http://www.stevemead...dy-being-a-pos/
n8ball2013 Posted February 20, 2014 Report Posted February 20, 2014 Did you just use torque and Honda in the same sentence. My first thoughts on a two seater js how much space behind them is there for the wall THERE IS NO BUILD LOG! 1998 Chevy Silverado ext cab Alpine CDA-9887 4 Team Fi 15s 2 Ampere Audio TFE 8.0 2 Ampere Audio 150.4 3 Digital Designs CS6.5 component sets Dual Mechman 370XP Elite alternators inbound! 8 XS Power d3400 6 XS power d680 Second Skin Stinger Tsunami Wiring Sky High A Real Voltmeter not a piece of shit stinger.
RyanJ Posted February 20, 2014 Author Report Posted February 20, 2014 Insurance for 19 on 2 seater$$$$$$$$. Well, thats another thing too. Im going to college right now, and if I stay under my parents name, Im paying way less then what I would be paying on my own. So my dad said as long as I continue to get A's, I have to pay him 300-400$ every 2 months and he will cover the rest for the insurance. MOB-MOBILE: 2005 Honda Accord 5-Speed System: (1) Sundown Audio SA-15 (1) MB Quart ONX1.1500D (1) Kenwood KDC-248U Speakers: -Rear Dash: (2) Clarion SRQ6932R 6x9's SOLD New MOB-MOBILE: 2011 G37S Sedan System:TBD Instagram (18+) : DabsWitaBudget415
SMZ2 Posted February 20, 2014 Report Posted February 20, 2014 Did you just use torque and Honda in the same sentence. My first thoughts on a two seater js how much space behind them is there for the wallTrue you couldn't fit an 8 in the trunk of a s2000 or behind the seats for that matter. My Build Log!http://www.stevemead...nissan-xterror/ Check the Youtube Channel for Updates!http://www.youtube....ser/Xterror2002And Seller Feedbackhttp://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/163179-bought-from-smz2/#entry2363713
RyanJ Posted February 20, 2014 Author Report Posted February 20, 2014 Did you just use torque and Honda in the same sentence. My first thoughts on a two seater js how much space behind them is there for the wall LOL. The AP2 has 6% more torque but its redline is at 8k instead of the AP1's 9k redline. But If I did this car, I kind of wanted to get some 8's and put them behind me but I have no idea. People mentioned the G35C but it has the same engine as the 350Z, and I heard the 350Z is a good engine but their were some major flaws it (can't be specific, just waht I've been told). But I doubt I can do anything with my SA-15 if I get the S2k MOB-MOBILE: 2005 Honda Accord 5-Speed System: (1) Sundown Audio SA-15 (1) MB Quart ONX1.1500D (1) Kenwood KDC-248U Speakers: -Rear Dash: (2) Clarion SRQ6932R 6x9's SOLD New MOB-MOBILE: 2011 G37S Sedan System:TBD Instagram (18+) : DabsWitaBudget415
RyanJ Posted February 20, 2014 Author Report Posted February 20, 2014 Did you just use torque and Honda in the same sentence. My first thoughts on a two seater js how much space behind them is there for the wallTrue you couldn't fit an 8 in the trunk of a s2000 or behind the seats for that matter. Well... Theres goes that option OUT THE WINDOOOOWWW- to tHE WALl. TILL THE SWEAT DROPS DOWN.. nvm... MOB-MOBILE: 2005 Honda Accord 5-Speed System: (1) Sundown Audio SA-15 (1) MB Quart ONX1.1500D (1) Kenwood KDC-248U Speakers: -Rear Dash: (2) Clarion SRQ6932R 6x9's SOLD New MOB-MOBILE: 2011 G37S Sedan System:TBD Instagram (18+) : DabsWitaBudget415
Devilsniper Posted February 20, 2014 Report Posted February 20, 2014 you can fit a 12" sub in the trunk you just have to use the entire trunk (hope you like fiber glassing). Also yes there are quite a few aftermarket parts for the S2K but they are stupid expensive I had a 01 with a C-west aero kit, ct engineering super charger, sway bars and braces, tein lowering springs, full blown engine management system, blah blah blah anyway I did all that work and forgot one small step a design flaw in the s2000's the rear diff is weak as hell. Before you do any mods to the motor I would highly suggest beefing up the rear diff first and then go from there it was a $2200 mistake on my part. Did I mention aftermarket parts are not cheap for that thing?!?! Am I trying to persuade you against the S2K HELL NO it was a super fun car. I'm just giving you some of the bad since you know a lot of the good already. Decision is yours man I loved mine I hated getting rid of it (military moved me to Alaska). 99 Navi C-Pillar Wall 2 Sundown Audio Zv4 18's D1 PPI components 1 Rockford Fosgate power T400.4 1 Crescendo 5500 (for now, another later) 3 XS Power 3400's AlphaNav double din HU
Dan2427 Posted February 20, 2014 Report Posted February 20, 2014 What is your budget for a new car? Every car will have their flaws just like sub and sub companies. You don't see many people posting "hey nothing happened to my car/amp today!" They're always posting about problems with this or that.. My first choice would be a 350 or 370z, but being that I'm 6' 6" 300lbs I'm too comfortable in lifted trucks and large SUVs now, my import stage I never own anything but Honda and Acura's. So I can't tell you if a 350 or 370 would have problems I'm basing my opinion off of looks! I liked S2K's as well, but my buddy worked at Honda and I could not fit comfortable at all. Good luck in your search 2003 GMC Yukon Denali Alpine CDA 117 Redoing Mids/Highs 4 Runs of 1/0 Knukonceptz 2+, 2- 4 Deka 9A31's in back (Stock underhood) 250 amp Alt. AQ20K 2 18" Crossfire XS V.2's 12 cubes 33hz 149sq inches of port!
SMZ2 Posted February 20, 2014 Report Posted February 20, 2014 Did you just use torque and Honda in the same sentence. My first thoughts on a two seater js how much space behind them is there for the wallTrue you couldn't fit an 8 in the trunk of a s2000 or behind the seats for that matter. Well... Theres goes that option OUT THE WINDOOOOWWW- to tHE WALl. TILL THE SWEAT DROPS DOWN.. nvm... Yeah the trunk is like all spare tire lol My Build Log!http://www.stevemead...nissan-xterror/ Check the Youtube Channel for Updates!http://www.youtube....ser/Xterror2002And Seller Feedbackhttp://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/163179-bought-from-smz2/#entry2363713
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.