Sundown Audio

question about amp brands for mids and highs

ncc74656

so i was told by a friend that cadence makes some of the best amps around. now JL is a bit on the expensive side and i was looking at polk but... although years ago i was under the impression polk was some of the best around i am told that now they are made under PPI who is owned by directed and there quality is MUCH lower than it once was. as you can see im bouncing around and unsure as to what brands i should stay away from and lean towards.

I was looking for a 4 channel amp that can do 125 TRUE RMS power with high clarity as it will be used for a mid range and a mid bass OR one of those with a set of tweeters. wich ever one of the 3 sets of speakers do not go onto this amp will be placed on a 2 channel amp to run with.

so my concerns are that ill buy an amp that i think is good but it will turn out to be equal to a sony that does 1/8th its rated power, is noisy when used with high frequencies and is 3 times larger than it needs to be.

im trying ot build a system that is loud and sounds good as well.

TL:DR: is cadence a good brand for amps or should i stay away from them?

nothing, gutted

get a ct sounds 60.4, don't let the 60w x4 channel scare you. that's the 12 volt rating. i own one And it's super clean really loud And not power hungry. your system will barely know its there. I'm.running a 2+++w amp at 1ohm on a 136amp alt with 2 bats And my voltage didn't Change when i added the 60.4. if that's not though they make a 120.4 (i think its 120.4) but the 60 will do just fine... unless you got 8 18s clam shelled lol

jvc deck

stinger 1800 front

hc 2000 kinetic rear

2 runs of 1/0g

big 3/4

ct 60.4

2 ct 1400.1

ct EXO 15 d1

lots of deadner

type r comps front stage

6 kicker tweets rear stage

lots of great stuff

coming soon

ho alt

more bats

ct comps for front stage

more deadner

sweet amp rack

lots of L.E.D lights

new deck (thinking 80 prs, or flip out)

i intend to have 2 SP4 18's in the back so what ever i put in needs to match those with mids/highs.

ive never heard of ct sounds, ill check them out.

i was browsing the webs and found some kicker 120X4 for 150 bucks. idk if kickers are still "great" amps but if they are that might be a nice way to go?

edit: those specs are very nice on the CT audio... only issue is i cant find anywhere to buy them.

nothing, gutted

Could look asst the punch series Rockford amps. Cheaper them the power series but good reviews.

t1500bdcp

2 t2d4 15"

1 t600.4

1 t400.2

1 set p1 tweets

singer alt, tons of wiring, smd vm-1, 80prs, back seat delete, still in the works, aiming for a 145-147 with the ability to play 25hz up to 50hz.

Archived