Forklift operators/warehouse guys look here

Hey guys. I'm currently working on a project with a company to switch their propane forklift fleet over to electric. If anyone works somewhere that uses either (or both) of these types of forklifts, please chime in on the advantages/disadvantages you've seen with each. I'd be interested to hear some real-world testimonials if you will.

2016 Subaru BRZ | Sony XAV-AX100 | Rockford Fosgate DSM 4080 & DSM 40ix |

On 6/6/2012 at 6:32 PM, 'LZTYBRN' said:

3. Don't put speakers outside the car unless you are the ice cream man.

My feedback thread

Electric are quiet and don't have exhaust. I can't stand propane smell.

Battery life and charging time should be considered, especially if the lifts are used constantly all day.

Good point. Any solution we come up with will need to run at the same useable rate for an 8hr shift.

My feedback thread

That and battery type have better turn radius and tend to be smaller. Electric have full mast speed anytime you want. Gas you have to rev up.

Some gas have auto brake which is nice if you have a ramp. Gas are nice until they sit outside in cold and the propane freezes up.

Electric are suppose to be ran nearly dead before you charge them and most the time you are looking at 8 hours of charging

Your best bet is have both imo

I guess lpg trucks are typically bigger. Therefore you can lift more, but if you don't need to lift more than 2500 lbs...

We have a 40hp truck that can do 8000lbs at full mast but it's actually very efficient on propane.

Avalanche

Alpine Type S comps

Alpine Type S 10''

Alpine MPR-F300

Alpine MRX-M50

Mechamn 270

XS Power d3400s

That and battery type have better turn radius and tend to be smaller. Electric have full mast speed anytime you want. Gas you have to rev up.

Some gas have auto brake which is nice if you have a ramp. Gas are nice until they sit outside in cold and the propane freezes up.

Electric are suppose to be ran nearly dead before you charge them and most the time you are looking at 8 hours of charging

Your best bet is have both imo

Propane doesnt freeze till -300ish.... however... If it was really cold an it sat for 8+hrs the oil was probly quite thick, causing starter to do more work and then killing the batteries.

Problem with the electric ones is they need a full charge and decharge to have proper battery life. So, essentially you need a forklift for every 8hr shift. Or eventuallt they wont hold a charge anymore

1998 gmc extd cab

12 crossfire C710s

4 SAZ-4500s

3 Singer 400A alts
buncha mids/highs

Team Asshole

Lots more feedback than I was expecting. There's been some good info posted in here. Keep it up guys, thanks!

My feedback thread

Archived