Second Skin Audio

12" 2 ohm sub options for SQ/SQL

bcbrassard

OK, after last round of amp, alt & battery upgrades, Plus adding more 6.5 drivers up front i find my enclosure is tuned to high and i want to ditch the RF T1D212 and run 2 12 2 ohm sealed, off a T1500. Amp would be putting out about 1950 rms so each sub would see around 900+ watts. So 1000rms subs would be nice.

Why sealed? Due to configuration of set up, box size needed to be removable from trunk its the best i can think of to do. There would be 1.55 cubic ft total for each sub. The only other option would be ported Aero's thru rear deck where 6.5 speaker cut out are(none there anymore) and i could only use a 4" port. Post externally which saves cubic inches inside the box but it all gets complicated to build.

Which is why to sealed seems to be the best option i just dont know whats out there thats good since i am a RF fan.

Any input would be great, budget not a real consideration at this point with thousands into the system now. Thanks.

Holy crap you just got this build done lol. Go for it and make it real loud.

80prs

Arc Audio Xdi 1200.6 (using active crossovers) Freaking awesome amplifier

Incriminator IA 10.1

Focal PS 130v 5.25 (doors)

4" Faital pro Neo (kick panels) 

3" Faital pro Neo and focal tweets( dash)

DC Audio level 3 12"  custom box designed by joex built by me

AGM front, XS 750SE batteries rear

DC 180 alt

99 Toyota Tacoma extra cab

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/179476-my-small-build-turned-into-the-ongoing-build/

Look whos talking! lol It not really about being louder just better i guess. Kinda over the RF subs after reading about other brands. And i need whats best for my set up and power right now. Sub wont go to waste, i can alway build a properly tuned box and throw it in the Malibu when the time comes.

Guilty but damn it's fun.

80prs

Incriminator IA 10.1

DC 180 alt

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/179476-my-small-build-turned-into-the-ongoing-build/

do u have enough space to do two twelves sealed off? If not I would do two tens or one twelve sealed on that power and tune lower. As for subs it depends on what you end up doing.

MY BUILD *****http://tinyurl.com/gmcbuild*****

Vehicles

2005 GMC Canyon

CB1000r - Currently where any future funds are going. (exhasut,bazzaz, ohlins shock, screen, etc.)

crf250r - Used to be race bike..now I just trail ride..practice at the track on it.

CH80 - Daily beater (when nice weather)best 150$ ever spent. 100+mpg

Sold to:

Skullz - pstone11 - Leo1103 - Volvo 63' - pavelpardo - imnew59585

Shower farts still piss me off.

I think theyre pretty neat. When the water runs down your crack as you let one out... its like shitting in a crockpot.

I though when you said sealed I assumed you were going with a ported box sealed in the trunk not a sealed box in the trunk.

80prs

Incriminator IA 10.1

DC 180 alt

I remember last time you were tuned way high on a too large box, that's enough for it to sound like junk and not get the deep lows. New subs on sealed won't really cure your lack of low end. I would think about it before spending even more and not being sure you are going to get what you are wanting.

Archived