Good morning, any help with this would be much appreciated. first off im driving a 1998 gmc envoy(jimmy) 4x4, with a 4.3 liter iirc. the issue im having is while driving or sitting at idle the RPM goes all over the place, at this point the truck runs like shit. then the next minute the RPM drops to zero and the truck runs fine. I am unable to have the obd checked because i was told there was no power going to the port connection. any help with this issue would be greatly appreciated.

sounds like a loose wire i could be wrong though

what have you checked

examples

fuel filter

air filter

injectors

fuel pressure

skar sk2500.1
0 gauge power and ground kunukonceptz
alpine HU
vxi65 components on BA gt-275
new build log -> http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/150642-project-d-kon-deathcards-build-log/#entry2148821
2 x-15 sundowns

singer alt, odyssey bat, and maxwell ultra caps

First off DTC's and history data would be helpful. You likely have an open fuse in the IP fuse block, cigar ltr fuse should be 15A...feeds the DLC.

If the change from running terrible to normal is a quick transition, good chance your EGR is acting up. Will usually be quite difficult to keep running at idle, but the more throttle you give it the better it will seem.

Without scan data it's a crap shoot, as there's a plethora of things that could cause your issue, throw a new fuse in and get DTC's checked.

could be a couple of things, throttle positioning censor, o2 censor or even a vacum leak. But odds are it;s the throttle body censor.

truthsayer

Good morning, any help with this would be much appreciated. first off im driving a 1998 gmc envoy(jimmy) 4x4, with a 4.3 liter iirc. the issue im having is while driving or sitting at idle the RPM goes all over the place, at this point the truck runs like shit. then the next minute the RPM drops to zero and the truck runs fine. I am unable to have the obd checked because i was told there was no power going to the port connection. any help with this issue would be greatly appreciated.

check the cam and crank shaft sensors I had this problem before in my car. Could be misfiring

Having had a 96 with the 4.3 id look to a vaccuum leak. I had simular issues and started looking at my vaccum lines and most were dry rotted open

"The strongest reason for people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government." -- (Thomas Jefferson)

Archived