Clipping

BP454

you cant unclip songs.

tuning your gains by ear is a huge mistake.

i make sure i dont clip by tuning gains properly with an oscilloscope or dd1.

So the clipping in the songs won't affect equipment as long as the system is tuned properly?

pretty much. Clipping is not a good thing, but with a proper gain setting, it isnt lethal to equipment by any means.

and you need an oscope or DD-1 to set your gain in reality, 1/2 gain doesnt mean shit, to be blunt.

29408240963_9908a51930_o.png
Best Score to Date : 160.5 dB Outlaw (47Hz)[4 XM 15's & 2 Taramps Bass 12k's]

BL :  http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/147800-chevyboy95s-4-15s-7krms-wall-1533-db-on-half-power/
YouTube: http://www.youtube.com/hitemwiththeflex/

audacity cannot detect clipping. All that RED you see when you put on the find clipping option, all that means is the wave is over 0db. It doesnt mean it is square, saw toothed or anything else, just over 0db.

To see if a wave is actually clipped, you either have to zoom in enough to see the wave forms or find a program that ACTUALLY detects clipped waves.

Ooh wee. Thank you for a real answer. That's exactly what I thought it was doing.

It isn't rocket science, If it sounds like shit, back it down. I know when my speakers aren't happy. (I've never blown a single piece of equipment btw)

And a lot of modern music has some clipping.

:Waits for flaimmage: :shrug:

• pa-pa-platypus

• sorry not everybody has a companies nuts so far down their throat they catch every drop ball sweat when it falls

I'm with ya.

I play over powered, overlapped deep. Low nominal. On subs that just do nothing but start fires.

Never in my life lost a piece of gear. (Oh, a pair of tweets once). And my fire starter subs, are getting reloaded and beat on this week.

:shrugs:

Used to happen all the time. I had a "friend" that used to be like dude I found the hardest hitting song ever. Pulls out his iPhone and a youtube video and plugs it in and cranks it on his shit. Sounds horrible.

Of course he knew the setup I had was louder and wanted to try it so when I was off taking a shit he started playing it and was Fucking around with all my settings try to find when it was loudest.

Nothing broke thankfully but I never talk to that kid anymore. He would do that with my bikes too.

Archived