Methanol kit... My oh my...

So, I've been saving to buy parts for my blazer ss. My ultimate goal is to build a 10 second daily driver with all my interior and stuff. Long story short I have to convert my blazer from a AWD to RWD because I'm a jackass and drive my car like I borrowed it. I have a few post to sell some of my audio stuff so I can buy stuff for my build. So, about 2 weeks ago I bought a methanol kit for it. I got it in the mail, and man this kit is bad ass. I recommend anyone that thinks about getting an alcohol kit to hit up Alky Control. They make it very easy and include everything to make it a clean install. Here are a few pics...

C16347DD-4345-4AA4-99CF-51CB54103D96.jpg

A719296B-44E2-468F-887A-1F1044496BC0.jpg

B78C4FDC-413D-41A0-AF9D-3B4C09F3BA20.jpg

0D42127F-CC78-4352-8376-ACB6B56764FB.jpg

Anybody ever have any experience with alcohol before?

I still plan on rigging my setup for nitrous as well. I also ordered a radiator from Ron Davis, new brakes for the front and rear from SSBC, and New flex-a-lite dual fans. I'm getting excited about this...

Team Bass-Hz

screenshot5-1.jpg

nitrometh.jpg

jk. have fun with that lol.

Buyer/Seller Feedback Thread: http://www.stevemead...5015-bump4life/
MB C220 153 Trunk Car Build Log: http://www.stevemead...d/#entry1840136
MB C280 Ipad Dash SQ Build Log: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/194484-bump4lifes-new-benz-tony-c-relay-kit-pictures-ce-electric-audison-front-stage-installed/
My SPL Log: http://www.stevemead...__fromsearch__1

BMW M340 xDrive

Stock, for now. Corner Load 10" maybe soon. But does 10s in the 1/4...
Best Scores out of a trunk
153.0 sealed legal full tilt clamped 5524 @ 42 hz
154+ windows down, 155+ kick

Ten second full interior, huh? I got something for that truck.

*Evil laughter*

I'm taking off that spare 15-20 gallon tank and just running the stock gas tank. That should shave a good few hundred pounds. I think 10s are good for a heavy ass truck. I still got a few tricks up my sleeve too, not really, just trying to sell this blower and slapping a bigger one on there lol. I'm going to pretty much do everything all over again, suspension, rear diff, wiring. I don't even want to think about how much all that craps going to cost me. You building that small block yet?

Team Bass-Hz

screenshot5-1.jpg

Talk about irony... Julio is a good friend of mine.

We met when I lost a G on an outlaw race against him. He has the BADDEST Turbo T/A in the country (street legal, looks stock).

I can tell you that you made a great purchase, from a great guy.

You're going to need to learn to read plugs, or have a good relationship with your local chassis dyno shop.

The biggest problem you'll run into is cylinder-to-cylinder distribution. Post up engine specs, and I'll tell you what I can.

Also, I'm a fan of 50/50 water and methanol. I've been able to make significantly more power that way, by staving off detonation longer. Remember, this isn't going to make power on its own. It's going you allow you to tune more agressively before reaching detonation.

Also, when you take a blower car to a chassis dyno, remember this: Don't always tune for the most HP. Tune for the fastest area to acceleration curve. The engine might be 40hp down, but it'll be much faster.

Talk about irony... Julio is a good friend of mine.

We met when I lost a G on an outlaw race against him. He has the BADDEST Turbo T/A in the country (street legal, looks stock).

I can tell you that you made a great purchase, from a great guy.

You're going to need to learn to read plugs, or have a good relationship with your local chassis dyno shop.

The biggest problem you'll run into is cylinder-to-cylinder distribution. Post up engine specs, and I'll tell you what I can.

Also, I'm a fan of 50/50 water and methanol. I've been able to make significantly more power that way, by staving off detonation longer. Remember, this isn't going to make power on its own. It's going you allow you to tune more agressively before reaching detonation.

Also, when you take a blower car to a chassis dyno, remember this: Don't always tune for the most HP. Tune for the fastest area to acceleration curve. The engine might be 40hp down, but it'll be much faster.

Thank you, and yes Julio was nothing but honest with me. Great guy, he made it seem like we have known each other for years. As far as the engine and specs I have to get that info from the engine builder, he had built the engine before I purchased the truck. I don't know if you're familiar with left coast 32, but the majority of my rebuild will be thanks to the owners input. As stated a live, I want a vehicle that I can drive around daily and not be scared to drive it a few 100 miles if I need to. Thanks for the reassurance though, I've heard mixed opinions about methanol, some say that it's inconsistent and that was one of the main reasons that I was a little nervous about buying the kit.

Team Bass-Hz

screenshot5-1.jpg

Archived