Sundown Audio

taramps

MACnonsence6

Clamping isn't what is inaccurate. It's how most people clamp that's inaccurate and yes, it is often off by double.

Most people just take an ammeter and a voltmeter, measure the voltage and current on the speaker outputs and then apply Ohm's law. The problem is that V*I is a DC formula and speaker outputs are an AC signal. Because of the phase shift between voltage and current in a waveform, you have to factor in that shift (power factor), otherwise all you are calculating is volt amps or, VA.

Amplifier engineers know this, so when they clamp test an amplifier they recognize and use the power factor in their calculations.

Obviously. I was just keeping it simple. But dbdrag isnt exactly gonna have an ampdyno at every event..

I just dont want people like ohhhh you clamped 4k your only seeing 2k you noob. When assuming a power factor of .5 just broadly like that is no different than not accounting for pf in the first place.

Its less yes. And the real method is the real method bla bla yea most of us know it. Preaching to the choir. Everybody running around yelling 50% all day is silly imo. Maybe 50% but not alllllll the time.

Setup:

2010 Hyundai Elantra

Factory Unit via 4 chan NVX LOC

Excessive Amperage "H/O" Alt

Xs D3400/ Xs XP3000

Big 3. 2 Runs of +, 2 Runs of -

DD M3b and 2 12" AQ HDC4s

Clamping isn't what is inaccurate. It's how most people clamp that's inaccurate and yes, it is often off by double.

Most people just take an ammeter and a voltmeter, measure the voltage and current on the speaker outputs and then apply Ohm's law. The problem is that V*I is a DC formula and speaker outputs are an AC signal. Because of the phase shift between voltage and current in a waveform, you have to factor in that shift (power factor), otherwise all you are calculating is volt amps or, VA.

Amplifier engineers know this, so when they clamp test an amplifier they recognize and use the power factor in their calculations.

Obviously. I was just keeping it simple. But dbdrag isnt exactly gonna have an ampdyno at every event..

I just dont want people like ohhhh you clamped 4k your only seeing 2k you noob. When assuming a power factor of .5 just broadly like that is no different than not accounting for pf in the first place.

Its less yes. And the real method is the real method bla bla yea most of us know it. Preaching to the choir. Everybody running around yelling 50% all day is silly imo. Maybe 50% but not alllllll the time.

No one needs an amp dyno at any show... they just need to know how to properly do a clamp test.

Also, I don't remember saying or reading where anyone quoted any power factor numbers. And I didn't say improper clamping is always off by double. I said it is often off by double... and it is.

Facebook: facebook.com/audioanarchyllc

Instagram: audioanarchyllc

Youtube: youtube.com/bbeljefe

aaresizehorizontal_zps47821bb2.jpg

everyone that has ran them seems very happy with them. as well they offer tripple 4/0 into 2/0 adaptors to solve the issue that people are saying. the reason there is only one set of inputs is how there major market does there installs it isnt needed not sure on the logistics of that but this is what i read on caco. i was looking at an amp that could make the kinda power i need and stay away from the 1k price point. being i have a pair of d2 my options are .5 or 2 so finding that hd8k2ohm seems like the best answer. next question if u wire higher will u have less of a gap in rise. ie if im wired at 2ohm will i see less or equal rise then at .5 not meaning rising to the same number but the amount it rises

I picked up an MTX Sw1212 powered subwoofer today. This thing sounds amazing. 130 watts, 12" woofer with a passive 12" woofer tuned to 27 hz. Moving the pictures on the walls and my girl got wet from the bass when i showed her haha. Tonight should be good haha.

double stuffs

I picked up an MTX Sw1212 powered subwoofer today. This thing sounds amazing. 130 watts, 12" woofer with a passive 12" woofer tuned to 27 hz. Moving the pictures on the walls and my girl got wet from the bass when i showed her haha. Tonight should be good haha.

everyone that has ran them seems very happy with them. No, they don't. I have two customers who have used them and have either sold them off or taken them out of their cars. as well they offer tripple 4/0 into 2/0 adaptors to solve the issue that people are saying. the reason there is only one set of inputs is how there major market does there installs it isnt needed not sure on the logistics of that but this is what i read on caco. That a plurality of people in one area don't want to build proper electrical systems to power their amplifiers doesn't change the laws of physics. i was looking at an amp that could make the kinda power i need and stay away from the 1k price point. being i have a pair of d2 my options are .5 or 2 so finding that hd8k2ohm seems like the best answer. next question if u wire higher will u have less of a gap in rise. ie if im wired at 2ohm will i see less or equal rise then at .5 not meaning rising to the same number but the amount it rises

Facebook: facebook.com/audioanarchyllc

Instagram: audioanarchyllc

Youtube: youtube.com/bbeljefe

aaresizehorizontal_zps47821bb2.jpg

why did they take them out?

Idk about double... I mean it may very well be in some cases, but I seriously doubt that "double" is common..

Id put that number at about 20% imo.

I understand technology has improved to fix the errors in our old ways, but its not like we going from cave drawings to 3d printers or something..

Clamping is STILL the more prevolent method for better or worse. And to say its half just off the top of ur head is a stab in the dark. Just like this setup vs that setup which would be louder..

Ur right. But HALF is a tad aggressive imo.

Not the way 99% of the people do it, I've never even seen a proper clamp test that is scientific.

8k on single inputs though. Just seems weird too

That's because they use totaly different technology, kind of like the boosted rail technology from RF but still different.

Clamping vs amp dyno...

Most "clamped" numbers are about double what their rms amp dyno number is. So that's 4500 and factor in that its prob distorted as fuck and clipping and suddenly your in the normal realm of single input amps.

i doubt that clamp vs dyno is that far off. also korean amps use a clamp test to rate the amps so based on your logic all the amps on the market today would not do rated power.

Yes and no, they do it very differently and with other equipment.(and it's a lot more accurate.)

everyone that has ran them seems very happy with them. No, they don't. I have two customers who have used them and have either sold them off or taken them out of their cars. as well they offer tripple 4/0 into 2/0 adaptors to solve the issue that people are saying. the reason there is only one set of inputs is how there major market does there installs it isnt needed not sure on the logistics of that but this is what i read on caco. That a plurality of people in one area don't want to build proper electrical systems to power their amplifiers doesn't change the laws of physics. i was looking at an amp that could make the kinda power i need and stay away from the 1k price point. being i have a pair of d2 my options are .5 or 2 so finding that hd8k2ohm seems like the best answer. next question if u wire higher will u have less of a gap in rise. ie if im wired at 2ohm will i see less or equal rise then at .5 not meaning rising to the same number but the amount it rises

It's true that the inputs are too small, but not by as much as most people think. These amps are more efficient then "regular Korean amps".

Thinking is the root of all problems...

You ALWAYS get what you pay for.

Just passing though to hate on taramps... :crazy:

In all seriousness though, I want any power it makes to be clean. More importantly, I want the amp to switch on for me every single time I want it to. I want it to protect for me when i'm a fucking idiot. I want it to run at body temperature all day long.

For me personally, I can't trust these amplifiers, in the way that I feel like you should.

I have no problem openly saying i'm biased for korean made though.

Build's consist of:

2004 Chevy Impala :

Pioneer--------------------- DEH-X8600bs Soundqubed/AQ------ Q4-120

Rockford Fosgate---- Punch-500.4

Soundqubed/AQ----- Q1-3500D.1 Alpine----------------- 6.5's & 6x9's

Subs: TBA All Knukonceptz and SHCA wire and rca's

Home Music Setup

(4) Soundqubed HDS200 15's in two separate 15.5 cubic foot enclosures tuned to 31 hrz --- XM radio hardwire

Updates coming all the time on both builds

n8ball2013

"bullshit. Everything fits. If you cut enough."

In all seriousness though, I want any power it makes to be clean. More importantly, I want the amp to switch on for me every single time I want it to. I want it to protect for me when i'm a fucking idiot. I want it to run at body temperature all day long.

For me personally, I can't trust these amplifiers, in the way that I feel like you should.

You'll be surprised to hear that they rate their amps at a lower THD rating then most Korean amps (1%).

Thinking is the root of all problems...

You ALWAYS get what you pay for.

You'll be surprised to hear that they rate their amps at a lower THD rating then most Korean amps (1%).
But have horrid Filtering most likely.... hence why they cant even be put on the ad 1 :lol2:

I really want to see a sd 8000.1 on the dyno, my money is on same thing as the teramp. "Clean" with a shit ton of noise

SCSB

Santa Cruz Speaker Box

Build logs:

Daily Driver Lemon Marquis

2 american bass 750.1s

350.4 on 14 focal 6.5s

sq 945 on 4 hertz tweeters

Mystery subs peepwall.gif

http://www.stevemead...__fromsearch__1

The Mustang 'dubbed' Shirley the project from bullet holes to badass

http://www.stevemead...cond-skin-time/

Archived