jaimeismadcool Posted March 6, 2014 Report Posted March 6, 2014 I have a 12 inch nvx 1000 rms sub. what size box should i build for it and tune it to. what is the difference if its tuned to say 33 hz compared to 38 hz. i listen to rap and i want it to hit lows
Triticum Agricolam Posted March 6, 2014 Report Posted March 6, 2014 Here is a link to the owners manual: http://www.nvx.com/media/manuals/VCW.pdf The manufacturer recommends a 1.25 cu ft box. You may want to go a little bigger than that (maybe 1.5 to 1.75 cu ft) to get more low end output. As far as tuning goes, the lower you tune, the lower it will play. Its largely a personal preference thing. I prefer lower tunings myself, sounds like you might too so I'd recommend the 33 Hz tune. "Nothing prevents people from knowing the truth more than the belief they already know it.""Making bass is easy, making music is the hard part."Builds:
diegoclass2010 Posted March 6, 2014 Report Posted March 6, 2014 ^^^^^^ pretty much what he said... what amp are you using? what car is it going in?
jaimeismadcool Posted March 6, 2014 Author Report Posted March 6, 2014 i am going to use a kicker ix1000.1 amplifier. the car i have is a 2007 chevy impala ss
Joe X Posted March 7, 2014 Report Posted March 7, 2014 If the sub is D4 and you are using the minimum stable impedance of 2 ohm for 1K RMS then 1.5-1.6 cubes net should work, here is one way to do it for your type of vehicle, I assume that it will easily fit:
timc31610 Posted March 7, 2014 Report Posted March 7, 2014 Joe, what software do you use for the cut sheets and the sketches? My Build Log 94 Civic http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/188644-94-civic-4-door-build-loq-suggestions-wanted-will-be-super-slow-mo/ Faceebook reluctantly
Seymore Posted March 7, 2014 Report Posted March 7, 2014 Joe, what software do you use for the cut sheets and the sketches? I think he uses sketchup for the pictures, but I'm really interested to know too 2001 Civic LX SedanPioneer DEH-7500HD Big 3 in 1/0 Knu CCARockford P500-4RF Punch P165-S in doorsRF Punch P165 in rear deckFront doors deadened with DamplifierNextSQ's new HDS208 8" in a T-line whenever it FINALLY COMES OUT I CAN FINALLY AFFORD IT Bend over and I'll show ya. how is it 2 days work? half a day at most, i may be an idiot, but im not an idiot.
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.