Second Skin Audio

how much power can sundown x15 really take?

my bad. What you posted was wrong like i said. I opened the sundown file and it is fine. You were entering WAY incorrect numbers into torres.

You box is........

3 Cubes (which is good)

31Hz Tuning (which is good)

and this is a net volume (so subwoofer displacement is already subtracted)

You should be fine to feed it rated rms to 1500rms. IF you have to ask, dont run any higher than that.

29408240963_9908a51930_o.png
Best Score to Date : 160.5 dB Outlaw (47Hz)[4 XM 15's & 2 Taramps Bass 12k's]

BL :  http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/147800-chevyboy95s-4-15s-7krms-wall-1533-db-on-half-power/
YouTube: http://www.youtube.com/hitemwiththeflex/

Wwhere are the specs that say 2.4cubes for the fifteen...thats like a good size for sa12...and how in the heck does your brain say ,"hey we dont know what we are doing but lets argue with the people who wa`t to help us do it right." In yoir case I think you should be more receptive to some help..soak up the knowledge and not worry too much about overpowering your sub until you get the box built perfect. Imo there is more to be gained from a efficient box than adding some power..not in all cases of course but 1000w more I bet a better box would outperform in any way

MY BUILD *****http://tinyurl.com/gmcbuild*****

Vehicles

2005 GMC Canyon

CB1000r - Currently where any future funds are going. (exhasut,bazzaz, ohlins shock, screen, etc.)

crf250r - Used to be race bike..now I just trail ride..practice at the track on it.

CH80 - Daily beater (when nice weather)best 150$ ever spent. 100+mpg

Sold to:

Skullz - pstone11 - Leo1103 - Volvo 63' - pavelpardo - imnew59585

Shower farts still piss me off.

I think theyre pretty neat. When the water runs down your crack as you let one out... its like shitting in a crockpot.

Wwhere are the specs that say 2.4cubes for the fifteen...thats like a good size for sa12...and how in the heck does your brain say ,"hey we dont know what we are doing but lets argue with the people who wa`t to help us do it right." In yoir case I think you should be more receptive to some help..soak up the knowledge and not worry too much about overpowering your sub until you get the box built perfect. Imo there is more to be gained from a efficient box than adding some power..not in all cases of course but 1000w more I bet a better box would outperform in any way

Didnt mean to argue. just trying to be loud like every one else here.. I have no Clue how to build a box.. just trying to learn.

Here's your box on Torres BUT in case you haven't noticed it's the same suggestion that you get for a Sundown E, SA etc..LOL :

Sundown_x_15.jpg

It may be a good box for sounding nice but if you want loud and not particularity nice the above looks inefficient in every way. The sub will get louder with the same power on a larger box with greater port area.

You can go upto 50% over the recomended enclosure sizes for the SA series.

The X series was designed from the ground-up to become the new standard in the low-frequency / small ported box subwoofer category. They will work in anything from our traditional very small enclosures (such as the SA and Z v.3 series) up to about 50% larger than those suggestions for the maximum amount of low-frequency extension.

Taken from the X series page at Sundownaudio.com why enclosure numbers are not posted and only box designs are i don't know?

'07 Ford Ranger - DM-608 I E700.4 I SA-CX6.5 v2 I SAZ-1500D 15th (x2) I Zv6 12" D1 I SB500-34 I JP40 I

On 5/21/2015 at 7:07 PM, boom50cal said:

of course he gives no fucks. it's a ford ranger.

only bad mother fuckers drive ford rangers

My question is why do you want to run more than the rated power? If 1250w isnt enought then get something bigger.

The manufacture says it can take 1250w continuous. Don't care what other people say about it, how could running double the amount of power possibly be good? I think you'd find that it will not last very long if you do that.

Just becasue it can take that kind of power for a while, doens't mean it was meant to.

Avalanche

Alpine Type S comps

Alpine Type S 10''

Alpine MPR-F300

Alpine MRX-M50

Mechamn 270

XS Power d3400s

Archived