Jump to content
Second Skin Audio

Recommended Posts

Posted

4 inch aero is perfect for 1 12, however 13 deep isnt very good lol!! prolly going to have to put the port on the side. what kind of vehicle is it?

A single 4 inch aero is not always what is needed for a 12" subwoofer.

I ran a single 4 inch Skar VVX 10" v2 and it was not enough area to allow the amount of velocity needed to not have port compression.

I would recommend an estimate on area, but without a frequency to shoot for you can't determine the amount needed.

b_350_20_692108_381007_FFFFFF_000000.png

Krakin's Home Dipole Project

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/186153-krakins-dipole-project-new-reciever-in-rockford-science/#entry2772370

Krakin, are you some sort of mad scientist?

I would have replied earlier, but I was measuring the output of my amp with a yardstick . . .

What you hear is not the air pressure variation in itself

but what has drawn your attention

in the two streams of superimposed air pressure variations at your eardrums

An acoustic event has dimensions of Time, Tone, Loudness and Space

Everyone learns to render the 3-dimensional localization of sound based on the individual shape of their ears,

thus no formula can achieve a definite effect for every listener.

Posted

I wanna tune it at 30hz. Since I mainly listen to decaf ranging from 24hz to 35hz. Was considering aero port but would also consider a squared port. Which is more efficient?

Aero port is more efficient, takes up less space, and looks interesting.

04 Honda Accord LX Sedan

Kenwood Excelon X998

XS Power D3400

XS Power D1200

Singer 275A alternator with factory bypass

64 sqft SecondSkin Damplifier

Build to be decided

:peepwall:

Posted

With a single 4 inch port with your sub, you will have port noise.

I would try as hard as possible to get as much as you can.

b_350_20_692108_381007_FFFFFF_000000.png

Krakin's Home Dipole Project

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/186153-krakins-dipole-project-new-reciever-in-rockford-science/#entry2772370

Krakin, are you some sort of mad scientist?

I would have replied earlier, but I was measuring the output of my amp with a yardstick . . .

What you hear is not the air pressure variation in itself

but what has drawn your attention

in the two streams of superimposed air pressure variations at your eardrums

An acoustic event has dimensions of Time, Tone, Loudness and Space

Everyone learns to render the 3-dimensional localization of sound based on the individual shape of their ears,

thus no formula can achieve a definite effect for every listener.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
  • Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 3268 Guests (See full list)

    • There are no registered users currently online
×
×
  • Create New...