Aj11 Posted March 11, 2014 Author Report Posted March 11, 2014 i was gonna make my own ports. id really like to know if i could get away with one 8. but i have someone helping Me who has the same car. another 2 weeks I'll have the car. just trying to get everything ready. jvc deck stinger 1800 front hc 2000 kinetic rear 2 runs of 1/0g big 3/4 ct 60.4 2 ct 1400.1 ct EXO 15 d1 lots of deadner type r comps front stage 6 kicker tweets rear stage lots of great stuff coming soon ho alt more bats ct comps for front stage more deadner sweet amp rack lots of L.E.D lights new deck (thinking 80 prs, or flip out)
fecupe2001 Posted March 12, 2014 Report Posted March 12, 2014 may i ask why 7 c/f ? you have limited room? my best 2 15s box was 9.4 cubic feet and 3 6" aeros 17" long, nasty for sure! And, if you dont have enough room, then yes 2 6s should be enough, better than a single 8" for sure I´m the SPL Gains topic creator!! wanna get louder?? check this: SPL Gains. Panamenian 2009 & 2010 & 2014 Bass Race 149.9 Champion! 2 15" subs and a 2K wired at 1 ohm, http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/167788-fecupe2001-2-15s-on-a-2k-video-on-page-3/ 8 Massive 15" subs and small power, http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/179296-fecupe2001s-8-15s-4th-order-bandpass-wall/
ToNasty Posted March 12, 2014 Report Posted March 12, 2014 No a single 8" is only 50" of port. ***Super Sellers List***http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/25829-super-sellers-buyers
CleanSierra Posted March 12, 2014 Report Posted March 12, 2014 2 6" ports is 56" of port. Im not the one you want to try to troll. Just a fyi for you.
fecupe2001 Posted March 12, 2014 Report Posted March 12, 2014 2 6" ports is 56" of port. 2 x 6 = 12" you noob I´m the SPL Gains topic creator!! wanna get louder?? check this: SPL Gains. Panamenian 2009 & 2010 & 2014 Bass Race 149.9 Champion! 2 15" subs and a 2K wired at 1 ohm, http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/167788-fecupe2001-2-15s-on-a-2k-video-on-page-3/ 8 Massive 15" subs and small power, http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/179296-fecupe2001s-8-15s-4th-order-bandpass-wall/
Aj11 Posted March 12, 2014 Author Report Posted March 12, 2014 yes i have limited room. 7ft should be the net. it's a 02 grand prix And I'll be building the box in the trunk. i just talked to agf on here who has the same car. be said i should be able to fit 2 6s. hopefully i can get closer to 8ft but well see. from what i hear the new ct subs do fine in boxes on the smaller side. and i think 3.5 each will be fine. would i like it to be bigger? yes! can i.... maybe idk thanks for all the input guys! can't wait to start this build log! jvc deck stinger 1800 front hc 2000 kinetic rear 2 runs of 1/0g big 3/4 ct 60.4 2 ct 1400.1 ct EXO 15 d1 lots of deadner type r comps front stage 6 kicker tweets rear stage lots of great stuff coming soon ho alt more bats ct comps for front stage more deadner sweet amp rack lots of L.E.D lights new deck (thinking 80 prs, or flip out)
CleanSierra Posted March 12, 2014 Report Posted March 12, 2014 You will be fine. Don't be afraid to go with two BADASS 12s if you HAVE to because of airspace limitations. Two 12s in the correct enclosure will put to shame 2 15s in a not so ideal environment. Im not the one you want to try to troll. Just a fyi for you.
Aj11 Posted March 12, 2014 Author Report Posted March 12, 2014 the last idk 6 pairs of subs I've had have been 12s. I'm just sick of them. never had 2 15s. i was thinking about 3 12s or 4 10s in a fourth but that's not what i want. i finally have enough money to do what i want and i want 2 15s.. I'm.confidant that 7+ cubes will be fine for the 2 15s. In a week or 2 I'll have the car and see what i really can fit in there. I'm hopping for 8cubes but we'll see I'll keep everyone up to date with a build log jvc deck stinger 1800 front hc 2000 kinetic rear 2 runs of 1/0g big 3/4 ct 60.4 2 ct 1400.1 ct EXO 15 d1 lots of deadner type r comps front stage 6 kicker tweets rear stage lots of great stuff coming soon ho alt more bats ct comps for front stage more deadner sweet amp rack lots of L.E.D lights new deck (thinking 80 prs, or flip out)
Nightshade Posted March 12, 2014 Report Posted March 12, 2014 If you are doing 7 cubes after displacement then I would do 5 4" aeroports to keep the tuning on the lower side, this is right around 9sqin of port per cuft which is a very good ratio. The other option, which would be a little bit harder would be a single 9" custom made port that would give you just about the same ratio, but would be better for higher tuning. I did a box that was 6.5 cubes for 2 15s and ran 6 4" aeros tuned to 37hz, which is high for some people. This is right at 11.6sqin per cuft, and was very loud. The setup did a 153.1 on the dash sealed at 42hz. I ended up just building another box for pure SPL and used 2 8" aeros in a 6 cube box tuned to 46hz. The box peaked at 46-47hz and did a 154.3 on the dash sealed. The ratio for that box was 16.75sqin per cuft, which is way too high for music but not SPL. 2013 VW Jetta GLI 2.0 Turbo 1 Sundown Audio SCV2000 1 Sundown Audio X15 V2 1 XS Power D3100 Audio Control LC6i Stock Deck 146.4 sealed on the dash at 37hz 2001 Focus ZX3: RETIRED Team Sundown Audio, Team XS Power, 2 time NSPL Car 3601-Up Champion, 2 time NSPL Car Hardcore ChampionHighest NSPL Scores to date:154.3db on the dash sealed at 46hz, 156.2db in the kick at 46hz155.2db unofficial on dash at 43hz
Aj11 Posted March 12, 2014 Author Report Posted March 12, 2014 i think 5 ports will look like poop. not to mention take up allot of space. I'm not really going for numbers. i want a Nice low tune (nothing above 33hz) and if i can do somewhat of a hair trick I'll be pumped. at the end of the build I'll have 2 ct sound 1400 strapped at .5ohm so around 5000w rms. think I'll move some hair. but until my electrical can handle it I'm gonna run each sub to it's own Amp at 2ohms each. when i get my ho alt and bat bank I'll strap them. speaking of that would a 250-270 amp do ok for 5000w at .5ohm? that's kinda what I've been seeing. i don't want to short change my self either tho. when i get everything built I'm Gonna play with the port length before i make it permanent. this way i can see what the most musical will be and the most output will be And try and find a Happy medium. but i want it to look nice! i know being loud isn't always pretty.. but i dont want ports just sticking out of my rear deck lid. i want them flared on both ends nice flush mount painted.. ya know clean jvc deck stinger 1800 front hc 2000 kinetic rear 2 runs of 1/0g big 3/4 ct 60.4 2 ct 1400.1 ct EXO 15 d1 lots of deadner type r comps front stage 6 kicker tweets rear stage lots of great stuff coming soon ho alt more bats ct comps for front stage more deadner sweet amp rack lots of L.E.D lights new deck (thinking 80 prs, or flip out)
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.