Kris4b11 Posted March 11, 2014 Report Posted March 11, 2014 Okay so I finally decided to ditch the factory double din with all my failed attempts to work a miracle. There are 2 radios I seen that I liked, the appradio3 and avic-8000nex. There is a big difference in price and the 8000nex isn't available yet. Without making this a vs thread my question is how much of a difference will having 4 pre outs be to 6? Is there any tricks you can think of to make a 4 work as a 6? Would rca splitters work? I want to have as much control as possible. What type of adjustments do you generally have on rear pre out? Factory double din navi unit with 30gb internal Crescendo bc3500 DD 9512i
JEFFYBOI Posted March 11, 2014 Report Posted March 11, 2014 I personally avoid splitters... May give off a poor signal. what are you running where you need 6 RCA outputs? "Toyota Camry rebuild page 21 (link)http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/183768-94-crossfire-camry-18s-walled-singer-alt-has-arrived-rebuild-starts-pg-10/page-21 PIONEER DEH-P8400BH 2 CROSSFIRE C5 1700D 2 CROSSFIRE C7 18 HOOD. NSB GROUP48 TRUNK SMS AGM400 DUAL RUNS X SCORP 1/0 OFC 275A SINGER ALT. DYNAMAT XTREME SOUNDSTREAM TA4.280 PIONEER COMPONENTS
bcbrassard Posted March 11, 2014 Report Posted March 11, 2014 I just installed the AppRadio in my brothers Ranger and when i tried to use the pass thru on the P300x1 to run rear P683s i could get the sud to work in LP mode, and when i went to turn the HU to Rear out sub on i couldnt get the pass thru to work. I didnt have time to run spliters so rear on deck was sub and ftont ran all 4 speakers in 2 ch mode off amp. No fading but i guess in a single cab no need. For that expensive of a HU sub pre outs would have been nice but HU is meant for apps, phones & DVDs. Music was last on it function list IMO. 5 band EQ with minimal audio adjustment. It was what my brother wanted though. HU is cool but didnt impress me audio wise. I run the 80-PRS so maybe thats why.
bcbrassard Posted March 11, 2014 Report Posted March 11, 2014 System turned out sounding good with 4 P683s ran off a PBR300x4 and a RF R2x1D210" slime enclosure ran off a P300x1. HU has a pretty clean sound but i still think for a $500 MSRP HU 2 more pre-outs for sub should be there IMO. Hope my info or reveiw was helpfull.
Kris4b11 Posted March 11, 2014 Author Report Posted March 11, 2014 System turned out sounding good with 4 P683s ran off a PBR300x4 and a RF R2x1D210" slime enclosure ran off a P300x1. HU has a pretty clean sound but i still think for a $500 MSRP HU 2 more pre-outs for sub should be there IMO. Hope my info or reveiw was helpfull. I definitely agree with you. 2 more pre outs would have been great. Factory double din navi unit with 30gb internal Crescendo bc3500 DD 9512i
Kris4b11 Posted March 11, 2014 Author Report Posted March 11, 2014 I personally avoid splitters... May give off a poor signal. what are you running where you need 6 RCA outputs? I just wanted front doors back doors and sub separate. Amps are crescendo bc3500 and c1100.4 I was going to have the front doors (beyma 6" and tweeters) as front channels and rear (2 10" celestion and tweeters) on rear channel and sub for sub. Factory double din navi unit with 30gb internal Crescendo bc3500 DD 9512i
bcbrassard Posted March 11, 2014 Report Posted March 11, 2014 I would go with a different HU if i were you!
Kris4b11 Posted March 12, 2014 Author Report Posted March 12, 2014 I would go with a different HU if i were you! should i wait for the 8000nex or do you have another recommendation Factory double din navi unit with 30gb internal Crescendo bc3500 DD 9512i
ham4864 Posted March 20, 2014 Report Posted March 20, 2014 i like alpine,Then again i used a 6 channel eq with my old system. My new system is only a 4ch JL audio amp and a audiocontrol LC6 with factory head unit. 2009 bmw 5 series Head Unit Stock Amplifier-JL Audio JX 360/4 Processor- Audiocontrol LC6
n8ball2013 Posted March 20, 2014 Report Posted March 20, 2014 3 pre outs I'd a deal breaker for me. It needs front rear and sub outs THERE IS NO BUILD LOG! 1998 Chevy Silverado ext cab Alpine CDA-9887 4 Team Fi 15s 2 Ampere Audio TFE 8.0 2 Ampere Audio 150.4 3 Digital Designs CS6.5 component sets Dual Mechman 370XP Elite alternators inbound! 8 XS Power d3400 6 XS power d680 Second Skin Stinger Tsunami Wiring Sky High A Real Voltmeter not a piece of shit stinger.
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.