jarrius Posted March 12, 2014 Report Posted March 12, 2014 IMO waist of time,money and space to do a 12 in a sealed and a 15 ported. Just get the 15 and run it on 4k and be happy. When in dought turn the remote knob down to lower the amount of bass lol 2012 Chevy sonic1xSQ HDC3 12 D2RF R1200d 140 square foot of Q-Mat(soon to be installed) 140.2Db sealed on the dash with TL 142 DB sealed on the dash with another meter (was dead on with the TL at a show i was at) 141 on music. strangeduck,on 02 Jan 2014 - 01:39 AM, said: when my car spins out i just put the car in neutral, turn in the direction i want to go and pucker my asshole
bkolfo4 Posted March 12, 2014 Report Posted March 12, 2014 If you're looking for sq because you loathe the limited band of ported, do a 4th order. . Really??? Current system: 1997 Blazer - (4) Customer Fi NEO subs with (8) American Bass Elite 2800.1s Previous systems: 2000 Suburban - (4) BTL 15's and (4) IA 40.1's = 157.7 dB at 37 Hz. 1992 Astro Van - (6) BTL 15's and (6) IA 40.1's = 159.7 dB at 43 Hz.
Aj11 Posted March 12, 2014 Report Posted March 12, 2014 you Can run 2 of the same subs in two different tuned boxes. i wouldn't but I've seen it done. have one sub tuned more for Low end other for high. you Can even run them off the same amp. jvc deck stinger 1800 front hc 2000 kinetic rear 2 runs of 1/0g big 3/4 ct 60.4 2 ct 1400.1 ct EXO 15 d1 lots of deadner type r comps front stage 6 kicker tweets rear stage lots of great stuff coming soon ho alt more bats ct comps for front stage more deadner sweet amp rack lots of L.E.D lights new deck (thinking 80 prs, or flip out)
mothra Posted March 12, 2014 Report Posted March 12, 2014 gotta hit that dirty bass and that clean bass. if nothing changes, nothing changes You don't know what you don't know, till you don't know
Aj11 Posted March 12, 2014 Report Posted March 12, 2014 op needs to realize its all in the box. crappy prefab boxes sound like poop. there small and tuned high. so there "loud" at one note with 0 sq. any sub on any power can sound amazing with a good box. the box Is just as if not.more.important then the sub And amp. I'll put it this way, a ten inch sub in a 2cubic foot box on 1,000w be louder and sound better then a 18inch sub in a 2 cubic foot box on 2,000w jvc deck stinger 1800 front hc 2000 kinetic rear 2 runs of 1/0g big 3/4 ct 60.4 2 ct 1400.1 ct EXO 15 d1 lots of deadner type r comps front stage 6 kicker tweets rear stage lots of great stuff coming soon ho alt more bats ct comps for front stage more deadner sweet amp rack lots of L.E.D lights new deck (thinking 80 prs, or flip out)
ParDeus Posted March 12, 2014 Report Posted March 12, 2014 If you're looking for sq because you loathe the limited band of ported, do a 4th order. . Really???Everyone tells me "oh a GOOD ported box will do the job re: frequency range"Well, I've tried everything in the past, including paying the bigger name box designers to give me a design. Result: The "best" ported box's I've had couldn't scratch the ass of the worst 4th I've had. This is my opinion, on what my ear prefers. Plus, I've always ran Mmats amps, and hate the shitty inline infrasonic filters you must use. That is, unless, you like playing way below tuning with large port areas. I know there are ways around this, but it is what I prefer. I'm sure you'll now tell me how YOUR boxes can do it all. My response: Really???
rockFord_Expedition Posted March 12, 2014 Report Posted March 12, 2014 OP, by SQ do you mean hardcore competition SQ or that you just want it to sound "good"? If you just want good sounding bass that gets loud when you want it, don't bother with two different sizes/models. You will make better use of your airspace and electrical by going with one type of sub. What vehicle will this go in? Old School/New School RF Build March 2015 SOTM Winner How to crimp large wire
bkolfo4 Posted March 12, 2014 Report Posted March 12, 2014 If you're looking for sq because you loathe the limited band of ported, do a 4th order. . Really???Everyone tells me "oh a GOOD ported box will do the job re: frequency range"Well, I've tried everything in the past, including paying the bigger name box designers to give me a design. Result: The "best" ported box's I've had couldn't scratch the ass of the worst 4th I've had. This is my opinion, on what my ear prefers. Plus, I've always ran Mmats amps, and hate the shitty inline infrasonic filters you must use. That is, unless, you like playing way below tuning with large port areas. I know there are ways around this, but it is what I prefer. I'm sure you'll now tell me how YOUR boxes can do it all. My response: Really??? Your response told me everything I need to know. Current system: 1997 Blazer - (4) Customer Fi NEO subs with (8) American Bass Elite 2800.1s Previous systems: 2000 Suburban - (4) BTL 15's and (4) IA 40.1's = 157.7 dB at 37 Hz. 1992 Astro Van - (6) BTL 15's and (6) IA 40.1's = 159.7 dB at 43 Hz.
Harsh Kumar Posted March 12, 2014 Author Report Posted March 12, 2014 As for now i'm planning to go with Fi TEAM 18" at near its rated rms (4000W) in a ported sub with maximum recommend volume & tuning somewhere between 27-33hz. I already have Rockford Fosgate 3SIXTY.3 for crossover & EQ'uing it. But my question is, how would it sound when I turn down the gain to daily listenable level, compared to a 12" Fi SSD (rated 1000W RMS) in a sealed box.? (Assuming both are part of different setups) I am having this confusion because, I read at many places that 18" subs are not efficient in playing double bass. I don't want competition SQ, I am still more towards moving maximum air.. Just want clear notes & loud sound.. For different kind of music which includes metal (double bass) & electronic music (low bass)..
bkolfo4 Posted March 12, 2014 Report Posted March 12, 2014 It will sound great if the box is designed correctly. Current system: 1997 Blazer - (4) Customer Fi NEO subs with (8) American Bass Elite 2800.1s Previous systems: 2000 Suburban - (4) BTL 15's and (4) IA 40.1's = 157.7 dB at 37 Hz. 1992 Astro Van - (6) BTL 15's and (6) IA 40.1's = 159.7 dB at 43 Hz.
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.