Second Skin Audio

Please Help. DAD KMH 12's

Jon Tyler

Get the dd-1 it is cheaper then replacing those dad subs. Also IMO just get the saz 1500 and go with what rms of the subs say.

2012 Chevy sonic1xSQ HDC3 12 D2RF R1200d

140 square foot of Q-Mat(soon to be installed)

140.2Db sealed on the dash with TL

142 DB sealed on the dash with another meter (was dead on with the TL at a show i was at)

141 on music.

strangeduck,on 02 Jan 2014 - 01:39 AM, said:

when my car spins out i just put the car in neutral, turn in the direction i want to go and pucker my asshole

Its OK to overpower them, they are built well and are rated conservatively. That being said, holy 2500. If you are asking the question the answer is no don't do it. Get the 1500 or like a 1200. I'm not talking down to you either, I don't think I have the know how to overpower them that much.

But yeah get a smaller amp and you will have money left over for a dd-1, win win. If you buy the dd-1 and end up not wanting to keep it, sell it.

The 2500 will be fine at one ohm assuming you have the proper sized enclosure and limited clipping. ( I wouldn't hesitate running half ohm on those subs with that amp, you just have to be very careful. Keep a keen nose and make sure nothing is getting hot etc)

2007 M/T Honda Civic Coupe EX

(4) Sundown Audio X-8's

(2) Ampere Audio 3800.1's

(3) Stinger SPV-44 Batteries

(1) Mechman 240

3:1 Ratio 4th order sealed from the trunk

TEAM NWSPL

Best termlab scores to date in Honda trunk:
151.7db legal (official) IASCA trunk 3 class

Best termlab scores to date in my walled Subie:
152.9db legal (unofficial) IASCA advanced 2 class
155db outlaw

If you just want to blast your music all the time and have no worries, you either need to get a 1500 or wire the 2500 to 2 ohms. Those subs are most likely capable of taking the full 2500 watts with an unclipped signal, but you are going to have to seriously pay attention. In my opinion your listening experience will turn from a good time into constantly listening and worrying about your subs. Just my opinion though.

If you just want to blast your music all the time and have no worries, you either need to get a 1500 or wire the 2500 to 2 ohms. Those subs are most likely capable of taking the full 2500 watts with an unclipped signal, but you are going to have to seriously pay attention. In my opinion your listening experience will turn from a good time into constantly listening and worrying about your subs. Just my opinion though.

Its OK to overpower them, they are built well and are rated conservatively. That being said, holy 2500. If you are asking the question the answer is no don't do it. Get the 1500 or like a 1200. I'm not talking down to you either, I don't think I have the know how to overpower them that much.

But yeah get a smaller amp and you will have money left over for a dd-1, win win. If you buy the dd-1 and end up not wanting to keep it, sell it.

good to know. thanks for the advice. i might just go to the bd-12 instead of the KMH, they are a bit more expensive, but can handle double the power.

Jon Funda

Car audio Enthusiast and Still learning

Ragnarok Scenario Player, Youngblood #111

So as an update,

It seems that everyone thinks I'm cheeping out on not getting the dd-1 for the $150. Im going to get it, its just 150 on top of of almost $2500 more because i have to get other things for the system too, new battery, alternator, amp, subs, wiring, head unit etc.... so i will buy it, i was just wondering if there was a cheaper way to adjust gains, but since it is so recommended that i but the dd-1 i will.

Secondly, i will either be downgrading the amp to a 1500, or upgrading the subs to the BD series so i don't blow the subs.

Thanks to everyone for the great advice :drink40:

Jon Funda

Car audio Enthusiast and Still learning

Ragnarok Scenario Player, Youngblood #111

The DD-1 is a must bc you can't set gains by ear, yes ppl have done it and got away with it. If the sundown amp comes with a clipping knob then go by that instead of the DD-1

I love my mine tho but that's your choice man. A lot of ppl use the clipping knob and have no issues

I like to have head room with the power I have on tap with my amplifiers, the Sundown 2500D is fine IMO.

2011 Ford Ranger Sport 4.0 v6

2 sundown audio prototype nsv4 15s

crossfire 4k wired to 0.4 ohm

15 banks of maxwell 3.0 caps @ 18v

triple alts (x2 us alt 250's, x1 singer 320)

153 at 23hz

I like to have head room with the power I have on tap with my amplifiers, the Sundown 2500D is fine IMO.

I understand headroom.. Ive always had a generous amount.. but 2.5x rms, for who Im assuming is a beginner? Meh

On 5/8/2011 at 7:38 PM, Kranny said:
On 5/8/2011 at 7:35 PM, 'Maxim' said:

It hurts me inside when I read stuff like this and remember you're 15

LMFAO so true

:blush:

Mitsubishi 3000GT (Old Build)

Headunit: Pioneer 80PRS

Frontstage: (2) McLaren Audio MLT-2 Tweeters & (4) PRV Audio MR Series Neo 6.5" Mids

Substage: 4 15" Hybrid Subs - Tantric Motors & Sundown Softies

Amps: Banda 2.4D Amp (Tweets), American Bass VFL 350.4 (Mids), and (2) Ampere 3800s

Electrical :Singer 260A Alt & JY Power Lithium

2005 Chevy Colorado Ext Cab

Headunit: Pioneer 80PRS

Frontstage: 4 PRV 700Ti Tweets & 6 10" Delta Mids on 3000wrms

Substage: 6 Fi BTL 18s in a 4th Order Walkthrough on 3 Wolfram 4500s

Electrical: Singer "390" and JY Power

My Official Feedback Thread

Archived