cbelott Posted March 14, 2014 Report Posted March 14, 2014 I have a pioneer DVD player I.had in my old impreza, I ended up cutting the clamp that goes onto the brake cable. What can I do to get my head unit to work in my new car? Where could I find that clamp to.splice it, or is there a way to rig it without that clamp?
cbelott Posted March 14, 2014 Author Report Posted March 14, 2014 There's a clamp that.goes on the brake cable that let's the head unit know f your brake is engaged. I cut the clamp off in a rush to get it out of my car when I traded it in. So now I just have the wire the clamp was attached to that runs to the head unit.
Karkov Posted March 14, 2014 Report Posted March 14, 2014 Exactly what model do you have? Try running the green e-brake wire from the HU to ground and see if you can put the car into Drive with a movie going and have it stay playing. If not you then need to get a bypass chip. Many threads on that already but just check this stuff first. 2007 Chevy Tahoe (SOLD) 12 ~ FI Audio X series 10" w/BP option 2 ~ DC Audio 5.0K @0.67 3 ~ DC Audio 5.0K @1.0 2 ~ PPI 3 way sets (not installed yet) 1 ~ RF T400-4, 1 ~ RF T600-2, 1 ~ RF T600-4 4 ~ CT Sounds 5.25" Strato comps (rear fill only) 1 ~ XS Power D4800 1 ~ XS Power D3400 8 ~ XS Power XP3000 160 stock alt, Mechman 370 Elite, 185 DC Power 320+ Sq. Ft. Sound Deadener Pioneer AVH-X5500BHS Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/user/knfjdkghjudfhsgkjdhf/videos?sort=dd&view=0&shelf_id=0
n8ball2013 Posted March 14, 2014 Report Posted March 14, 2014 There is no clamp it'd a wire THERE IS NO BUILD LOG! 1998 Chevy Silverado ext cab Alpine CDA-9887 4 Team Fi 15s 2 Ampere Audio TFE 8.0 2 Ampere Audio 150.4 3 Digital Designs CS6.5 component sets Dual Mechman 370XP Elite alternators inbound! 8 XS Power d3400 6 XS power d680 Second Skin Stinger Tsunami Wiring Sky High A Real Voltmeter not a piece of shit stinger.
boom50cal Posted March 14, 2014 Report Posted March 14, 2014 You talking about one of these, op? On 1/4/2013 at 9:31 PM, HatersGonnaHate said: Wow. 184 posts and I think you're a fucking asshole.
JesseyMclame Posted March 14, 2014 Report Posted March 14, 2014 Easiest way I've found to do it, is get a 2 wire switch. green wire to one wire on the switch, ground to the other wire. Put a movie on, the message comes up saying you can't, flip the switch, and you're good. Edit; Unless it's a pioneer nav unit, in which case you need a whole module to bypass it, because it can sense when you're driving. Current setup in my 96 Hoe Hu - Pioneer DEH-80prs. Amps - (4) Crossfire C5 1700D's, MTX Thunder 5604(mids), PPI Art 300.2 (tweets) Batts - 4 91ah rear batts, 50ah batt up front. Subs - 2 Crossfire XSv2 18's Alt - Singer 330A Front stage - Random JL & Eclipse mids, Eclipse tweets
Never2Loud931 Posted March 14, 2014 Report Posted March 14, 2014 Easiest way I've found to do it, is get a 2 wire switch. green wire to one wire on the switch, ground to the other wire. Put a movie on, the message comes up saying you can't, flip the switch, and you're good. Edit; Unless it's a pioneer nav unit, in which case you need a whole module to bypass it, because it can sense when you're driving. x2, this is how I have mine setup works perfect.
YukonDCXL Posted March 14, 2014 Report Posted March 14, 2014 not to thread jack but just grounding that little guy out won't do the job?
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.