Budget 6 1/2 co-axials/components?

Seymore

Having had a couple different sets of low end pioneers, I wouldn't get them again.

I'd say that's true especially of the coaxials - some of them are extremely hit or miss on the low end. These comps are decent enough though. Miles beyond stock is sometimes close enough to good enough if the budget just isn't there to go higher.

I installed 4 infinity kappa 5x8s in my dads truck running off of a Rockford 4 channel at 100w per channel and they sound awesome. I have an acquaintance (not friend) that is running 2 sets of focal access coaxials in the same truck and the infinitys blow them away. The sound is better, more smooth, less harsh and way louder. Of course I deadened the doors and he didn't and he is running them off of the HU not an amp (I know, he's an idiot). Install is a big part of it. The infinitys are coaxial and have a half decent sound stage and the 6.5 inch version is like $70 or something.

I have a set of RF Punch series 6 1/2 components and for the money I am pretty happy with them.

2007 Ford F-150 Reg. Cab. Flareside
250 Mechman Alternator
Sky High Car Audio Big 3
XS Power D3400
Rockford Fosgate 1/0 amp kit
Rockford Fosgate T1500-1bdcp
Rockford Fosgate T400-4
DC Audio Lvl 4 12"
Rockford Fosgate Punch 6.5" component
Rockford Fosgate Punch 6x8
Pioneer AVH-P2300DVD
SMD Volt Meter

Ok so here is the 6.5 inch version of what I installed. There is a cheaper set here, but I have never heard them so I can't talk about how they sound. I do sort of like the way these Polks sound and there is a coaxial version for less money but I have never listened to them.

Having had a couple different sets of low end pioneers, I wouldn't get them again.

I agree with this. I dislike their low end stuff alot.

I also agree with what bighoss said about spending as much on just the front as you were going to spend on all 4. In my car I fade to the front and keep the rears off unless someone is in the back then I fade back just a little. The front sounds good and you can hear it in the whole car, but in the back seat the bass overpowers the rest of the music. The only reason I even fade back a little is so I don't have to turn the subs down. I can't hear them, they are just rear fill anyway but you can sort of hear them in the back seat and it fills the music out better when they are on a little. They are stock speakers and are only good for fill.

• 2 weeks later...

having wasted money on shit product after shit product i have learned my lesson if the name has a reputable backing in its history its good not power acoustik or (everyones favorite) BOSS audio . Just like soundstream people have their positive and negative about everything but i would say i have not heard a thing that bad about the new line of cadence components that was linked about but i still am going to give soundstream a try just from talking to some people on here that have only soundstream in their car.

P.S. dont piss off people like bighoss and those have not conversed with them personally but all the threads i have read they help give opinions and shit over millions of ways and people like that are a big help in this community. well thats my 2+1 cents lol

Archived