dual battery wiring issue. ill try to be as detailed as possible

hook up your front battery.. then the back.. i've always done ground first and never had a problem.. what you're doing here is isolating things

if the fuse still pops without the amps being hooked up then something is backwards or shorting out on your wire to your back battery

This isn't teeball. YOU DO NOT GET A TROPHY JUST BECAUSE YOU SHOW UP. Put the work in and then maybe get the respect when it has been earned

151.6 with single 12 at 41 hz

153.2 with 2 12's at 43 hz

power: dd m4

ahh apologies. i did see that. yeah both my amps both have fuses. the four channel has 3 and so does my sub amp i think (hifonics zeus amps if i didnt mention that already. side note, for the price. these are awesome.)

OKAY so i tried to hook up the batteries. and JUST the batteries....no blownage (fuse wise that is)...everything was fine. now one of my guys suggested that its one of my amps thats either bad or creating the short. and i said the amps both work...and if they didnt, they wouldnt power on. not to mention the fuses on the amp arent blown. if i had shorted the amp during my attempts to connect everything, i wouldve blown the fuses before destroying the amp...along with the fuse that i have coming from the positive term of the back battery. all im blowing are those fuses and not the fuses on the amp. and its only after that fuse. to better illustrate....here is a diagram (thanks yukon for doing this kind of diagram...makes things easy i suppose)...

back battery----- [+] --------dual anl fused power distrib----------- positive of first amp [side post + of optima]----------anl fuse 250a (all my fuses are 250a)--------front [+]

second outpout of power distrib------------positive of second amp

[-] ---------dual anl fused power distrib for neg ------------negative of first amp

--second output of power distrib for neg-----------------negative of second amp [side post - of optima]---------- body ground

im blowing fuses on the power side of the top terminals. to the amp. im thinking a frayed wire somewhere or something is touching. or maybe do you guys think i did a bad job soldering the rings to the wires? maybe i should try a different ground from the battery? has drawn out, i have the negative side for both amps going to the negative side of the battery. should i ground the amps to the body instead of the battery? maybe take out the fuses and just use straight line? i just ordered a meter and it should be coming in a few days (thank god for amazon prime). but it seems like this issue is as simple as following my lines....do any of you have your amps connected directly to the battery from the negative side as well?

apologies if yall are pullin yer hair out at this topic right now haha...but your opinions and suggestions are definitely appreciated

You might have mentioned but do you have photos of under the hood, solder job, and connections to amps ?

i dont. ill see if i take some after work...

Any chance your distribution blocks are screwed to the body?

my blocks are not screwed to the body. they are screwed to the floor board in the trunk. you think the screws that hold them down could be the culprit?

It's very possible that your blocks could be shorting out. That's a good suggestion. You have a short somewhere. It's the fun part of finding it

THERE IS NO BUILD LOG!

1998 Chevy Silverado ext cab

Alpine CDA-9887

4 Team Fi 15s

2 Ampere Audio TFE 8.0

2 Ampere Audio 150.4

3 Digital Designs CS6.5 component sets

Dual Mechman 370XP Elite alternators inbound!

8 XS Power d3400

6 XS power d680

Second Skin

Stinger

Tsunami Wiring

Sky High

A Real Voltmeter not a piece of shit stinger.

same thing happened to my friend before and turns out he had the wires going into the amps swapped. did you make sure the positive is going to the positive terminal on the amps and the negative is going to the negative terminal?

2007 Ford Focus SES Hatchback

Pioneer HU

4 Digital Designs 9515i's in a B pillar.

2 Soundstream XXX 15K's (running at 16 volts)

Soundstream Mids/Highs in custom door panels (getting rebuilt soon)

Soundstream TA2.160 and TA2.400

Sky High and KNU wiring

3 Banks of Maxwell caps 

Winston Lithium (not a fan)

Bump4Life 250 Amp Alt. aka USAlternators

Soundstream Focus and Avenger Build Log

Instagram @p4linnovation

YouTube: Team Blowin Loud 

yeah try taking the block and unscrewing it from anything (maybe sit it on a piece wood or something that you know it won't short out on) then hook everything up and see what happens

thats why i said hook the batteries up and see what happens the best way to find a solution to most things is to isolate pieces of the equations and work through them one at a time to find the culprit of the problem

This isn't teeball. YOU DO NOT GET A TROPHY JUST BECAUSE YOU SHOW UP. Put the work in and then maybe get the respect when it has been earned

151.6 with single 12 at 41 hz

153.2 with 2 12's at 43 hz

power: dd m4

ahh apologies. i did see that. yeah both my amps both have fuses. the four channel has 3 and so does my sub amp i think (hifonics zeus amps if i didnt mention that already. side note, for the price. these are awesome.)

OKAY so i tried to hook up the batteries. and JUST the batteries....no blownage (fuse wise that is)...everything was fine. now one of my guys suggested that its one of my amps thats either bad or creating the short. and i said the amps both work...and if they didnt, they wouldnt power on. not to mention the fuses on the amp arent blown. if i had shorted the amp during my attempts to connect everything, i wouldve blown the fuses before destroying the amp...along with the fuse that i have coming from the positive term of the back battery. all im blowing are those fuses and not the fuses on the amp. and its only after that fuse. to better illustrate....here is a diagram (thanks yukon for doing this kind of diagram...makes things easy i suppose)...

back battery----- [+] --------dual anl fused power distrib----------- positive of first amp [side post + of optima]----------anl fuse 250a (all my fuses are 250a)--------front [+]

second outpout of power distrib------------positive of second amp

[-] ---------dual anl fused power distrib for neg ------------negative of first amp

--second output of power distrib for neg-----------------negative of second amp [side post - of optima]---------- body ground

im blowing fuses on the power side of the top terminals. to the amp. im thinking a frayed wire somewhere or something is touching. or maybe do you guys think i did a bad job soldering the rings to the wires? maybe i should try a different ground from the battery? has drawn out, i have the negative side for both amps going to the negative side of the battery. should i ground the amps to the body instead of the battery? maybe take out the fuses and just use straight line? i just ordered a meter and it should be coming in a few days (thank god for amazon prime). but it seems like this issue is as simple as following my lines....do any of you have your amps connected directly to the battery from the negative side as well?

apologies if yall are pullin yer hair out at this topic right now haha...but your opinions and suggestions are definitely appreciated

I ground my amps to my battery, no need in grounding to the frame unless it is just easier

Archived