Quick Box And Trim Panels For 03 Civic

SPL2K

This guy already had all the equipment installed but wanted a better looking box and install so i hooked him up.

This is what he started with....

Posted Image

Posted Image

Michael Hughes = 6X SPL World Champion - Loudest on the planet in db Drag, USACi, and IASCA.

u make it look soo simple...BEUTIFULL WORK.

5 15" american bass xd's in a wall

18 cubic ft ported boxx..

1 pa sl3400 for subs

all 0gauge

3 duralast batts

workin on the mids n highs

"Bend My Hat Back Knockin Down Pictures Off Ya Wall

big murt Comin Hard,

Beatin Hard In The Drop Top.

Old School Chevy's Color Candy Call It Lollipop"

2124304982_77927e4ed0_m.jpg2124332332_20a88c8f61_m.jpg

the oval peice of plexi will have a backlit SPL2K logo in it in a few days.

Michael Hughes = 6X SPL World Champion - Loudest on the planet in db Drag, USACi, and IASCA.

sweet "quick" set up

looks good man

sundown.jpg
I have a ritual called "terminator". I crouch in the shower in the "naked terminator" pose. With eyes closed I crouch for a minute and visualize either Arnie or the guy from the 2nd movie. I then start to hum the T2 theme. Slowly I rise to a standing position and open my eyes. It helps me get through my day. The only problem is if the shower curtain sticks to my terminator leg. It sorta ruins the fantasy.

I hate guys like you. :blush: ( I am joking, I promise ) Prolly just a few hours of work with no thought process at all. Lemme guess You just kinda looked at the trunk and "just saw it already in there" huh? I am so damn technical I make practice cuts, cardboard templates, do-overs and complete idea changes at least 5 times before I settle on anything when ever I do any sort of carpentry. My work comes out nice, but no where near that quick, and no where near that effortless. I haven't never tried to do any more than a sealed box once or twice, but I have doen tons of trim work, Mantle building, staircase and banisters, and a few pieces of furniture. that was all years ago, but I am envious of a good carpenter that makes it look so smooth and makes me think " I can do that " . Maybe I will and build myself a new box with my new jasper jig i got a few weeks back..... Hmmm. After vacation.

Looks Damn good.

What glue do you use on your carpet? 3M super 77 ?

2007 Toyota FJ Cruiser Voo Doo Blue

my upgrades and "build" thread.

My Kulicki Box Build

-Alpine 9887 head unit, KTX-100EQ imprint-( sound quality for dummies! ). - MB Quartz 3.5" in back pillars

-Sundown Audio SAX100.4 - JL Audio 3 way 6.5" component set XR653-CSi ( doors and dash )

-JL Audio 2 way Component set XR650CSi

- Alpine MRD - M1005 - Alpine Type - R 12" subs -- 2 - 12" s in a Pete kulicki designed box.

-Alpine High speed Ipod cable, and KCA-SC100 with Sirius sat. radio

-All wiring is Stinger 12 gauge and HPM Level 3 RCAs, KnuKonceptz Kolossus Power and ground and Big done in 1/0,

-270 sq. ft. of Damplifier Pro, 36 sq. ft. of Overkill Pro, 6 full sheets of Luxury Liner, and a gallon of spectrum-

-2 Powermaster D680 Powercells in back

FINALLY !!! I GOT IT METERED ON THE TERMLAB !!! I did a 140.2 at 42 hertz.

Shoehorn, BFH, forklift,duct tape and some zip ties

This guy already had all the equipment installed but wanted a better looking box and install so i hooked him up.

This is what he started with....

Posted Image

Posted Image

Man the that was quick and looks great. But I see the vett right there why not a few update on her. :blush:

1993 Mazda Mx-3

Subs: 2 18" DC Audio Lvl 4 D.7

Highs amp: Sundown SAX-100.4

Sub amp: Sundown SAZ-3000D

Electrical:Kinetik 1200 under hood, 2-Kinetik 2400 rear

All 1/0 KnuKonceptz Wire Power/Ground, Big 3, 8Ga Speaker Wire, KnuKonceptz Karma RCA's

Dampening: 120sqft 80Mil Thick Sound Destroyer Mat

Goal: 150 DB 149.9 Street Bass

TeamSundown-3-1.jpg

DCSig.jpg

You just kinda looked at the trunk and "just saw it already in there" huh?

What glue do you use on your carpet? 3M super 77 ?

yeah...pretty much. Took about 20 minutes for the box, an hour for the trim panels, and 2 or 3 hours for the goofy silver trim piece. :lol:

I use industrial landau top adhesive sprayed from a paint gun. Nothing in a spray can will hold to heat and humidity.

Damn man nice job, looks a lot better.

2000 Ford Explorer XLT

-20" RVM "Buck" Wheels

-2.5% Tint

-CompuStar Vizion Alarm

-(4) Infinity Kappa 680.7cs 5x7"

-1 XStatic BatCap Model 300

-2 18" DC LVL 4's

-Amps are undecided

m_8e0e9deb0e2a020a7ff1bf0d3a6c3306.jpg

looks beautiful of COURSE.....but my only question when i see people with installs like this is how does the bass get into the cabin if the trim panel is blocking the energy from going past it?

dont get me wrong the box and install is awesome....but how does the bass get in?

All SMD products + MORE available at my store here! https://wccaraudio.com/ 
wc2022-red-black-whitebg_1667625898__08138.original.png.02e514af82dce531edf1aa4a36851c60.png

Subscribe to My Youtube Channel! Over 1,000,000 subscribers strong! Turn on your notifications!
http://www.youtube.com/meade916

Follow My Instagram! Daily live feeds from the shop, exclusive content way before it hits my Youtube channel...and little squares with photo's in them :D
http://www.instagram.com/meade916

The Official SMD Facebook fan Page
https://www.facebook.com/SteveMeadeDesigns/

Follow my Tweet (Twitter)
http://www.Twitter.com/meade916

Archived