Mechman Alternators

Possible Problem with Mech 240A

Vehicle: 2012 Toyota Camry (4cyl)

Alt 240A Mechman

Big 3

Xs Power Battery D3400

It is my understanding that the newer Toyota cars are voltage regulated by the PCM. Therefor, I can't change the fact my system doesn't charge where I want it to.

My voltage after idle down is 13.7

When driving around 1700-200rpm the voltage is 14.0

This is with no stereo running.

When lights are turned on the voltage drops and then immediately returns to normal. However, when I turn on the rear defrost, it drops to 13.3 and does not raise back up until I turn it off. To me this doesn't sound right. Am I wrong for thinking that?

In a perfect world I would like 14.4 or close to it to achieve optimal performance from my amps.

• Like (+1 Rep) 1

That all seems fine to me.......

EDIT- no way in hell youll see 14.4 in that vehicle internally regulated. No way.

what you are seeing TO ME, is more than perfectly normal.

Edited by KyLar96
  • Like (+1 Rep) 1

EDIT- no way in hell youll see 14.4 in that vehicle internally regulated. No way.

13.3 just seemed a little low for driving at that rpm range. Wish I could figure out how to raise it. Well, without a nagging battery light on (module mod).

To me that sounds low. Then again. Your car is 11 years newer than mine.

I have stock alt and I turn every accessory on and hold the same voltage I started with. which right now is about 14.3-14.5

did you do the big 3?

• Like (+1 Rep) 1

'01 Dodge Stratass Sealed Trunk Build Log
2008 Honda Fit Sport Build Log

On 10/3/2013 at 10:00 AM, ROLEXrifleman said:

Anyone who says they knew everything they wanted out of life at 19 can go suck a bag of dicks cause they are lying to themselves or brought up in a cult.

13.3 just seemed a little low for driving at that rpm range. Wish I could figure out how to raise it. Well, without a nagging battery light on (module mod).

Well, your turn on, may not being met. Its a very new unit. Maybe your rpm isnt turning it on. New platforms are not easy.....

I would get an externally regulated setup personally. Only way to 100% beat the PCM.

Not willing to do that on such a new car. That and the fact my battery indicator would continuously stay on. Probably void any sort of warranty I have (electrical). That came straight from the folks at Mechman.

Why would the rear defrost draw the voltage down to such levels? Even with all factory electrics are turned on..it still comes back to 13.7 just not when the rear defrost is on. This is regardless of RPM.