Jump to content
Second Skin Audio

ESTIMATION NEEDED!


Recommended Posts

Posted

I am planning a tline build for my kicker 12". I'm gonna be using my schools AG shop and possibly some wood from there. My problem is that I need to let my AG teacher know the amount of wood that I'm gonna be using so if anyone could help me with a rough estimate on the amount of square ft I will be needing I'd really REALLY appreciate it. I'll be using 1/2in if that helps anyone. Thanks again to anyone who can help me!

Posted

Figure out the dimensions 1st, that'll give you an idea then up it a little bit to make room for mistakes.

Posted

I say get 1 sheet of 3/4 in MDF bord and you should have more then enough . May even be able to build 2 boxes incase you mess up lol.

2012 Chevy sonic1xSQ HDC3 12 D2RF R1200d

140 square foot of Q-Mat(soon to be installed)

140.2Db sealed on the dash with TL

142 DB sealed on the dash with another meter (was dead on with the TL at a show i was at)

141 on music.

strangeduck,on 02 Jan 2014 - 01:39 AM, said:

when my car spins out i just put the car in neutral, turn in the direction i want to go and pucker my asshole

Posted

Use atleast 3/4 inch , not 1/2inch.

A full sheet and maybe then some depending on how low it will be tuned and what the layout will be.

Thinking is the root of all problems...

You ALWAYS get what you pay for.

Posted

I would definitely use 3/4. I think you can get it on a sheet

750??! Yeah, fuck that. Fuck this website, fuck SMD, fuck Steve, fuck all of his butt buddy mods, and their couches.

^ DON'T BE A DICK LIKE THIS GUY :)

Team Subsonic Lows

Posted

3/4 for sure

2002 Mustang GT Procharged

Procharger P1SC Supercharger, 8psi

Procharger Intercooler, Headers,

Borla Off Road X-Pipe Exhaust, Mass Airflow

Upgraded Fuel Injectors

SCT Flash Chip (Excaliber II), Throttle Body, Lowering Springs, Carbon Fiber Hood

-Front 275/40ZR17

-Rear 315/35ZR17

5.0 Short Shifter

3.55 Gears

Posted

How much do you know about t-lines? The port on that is gonna be around like 9ish feet or something I think. It will be something like 13 inches tall so rough estimate I'm gonna say 8-10 inches deep and 9-10 feet long. Be conservative and try to draw out a box and get dimensions then you will know how much wood. (Just get two 4x8 sheets or 3/4inch mdf)

Posted

Thanks ! Imma plan a few different boxes on paper then hopefully ill have it built within the next few weeks...I can only get into the AG shop an hour a day :/ and plus were on spring break :)

Posted

Make a cit sheet first too. Sucks when u run out of wood because u layed ur cuts out improperly. Happened once to me before, had to buy a second sheet just for a square foot cut lol.

Vehicle: 2014 GMC Sierra 2500HD WT

Head Unit: Pioneer DEH-

Mids/Highs: Focal Integration ISC 165’s (front) 

Subs/Amps: TBD

Posted

I use sketchup to help with cut sheets. I lay down a 48X96" and start making boxes for your cuts so you can figure out how to get the most out of your sheet of wood.

Im not the one you want to try to troll. Just a fyi for you.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
  • Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 2936 Guests (See full list)

    • There are no registered users currently online
×
×
  • Create New...