My Slow exploder build *It's Not dead Yet*

Some of you guys may know me more in the chat. and i do more reading on here than anything else. I was going to do a build in my 91 GTi, but an amaizing deal on the Explorer could not be passed up.

So for the equipment list

Headunit - Alpine 147

Door Speakers (will change in time) - Menace Audio 6.5 Front and Rear

Amp to power mids and highs - American Bass 350.4

Subs (will change in time) - 2 10" Power Bass 3XL (older model)

Power for Subs - Flatline Audio FL2

Wiring - Welding wire and some SHCA here and there

Alternator - Mechman 270

and the Killer part

Batteries - For now the Stock interstate Group 35 under the hood. I WILL CHANGE THAT. but as of now i desided to get the alt first.

Now for pics. Again it's a slow build, Lots of the equipment is coming out of my GTi, and the only time i can get pics posted is at work (i punched my laptop i had and didnt wanna fix it)

IMG_20140207_220612_zpsfpklhqk3.jpg

When i clean her up i'll get a better pic.

20140320_185558_zps1oltyddg.jpg

Little cover plate i spotted to run the wire through.

20140320_193839_zpsobhlskb6.jpg

Took about 30 minutes to get to this point. the unibit (step drill or how ever you want to call it) was dull as a hell. I took some vacuume tubing cut down the middle to make the gromet and put some epoxy to hold in place.

20140320_194002_zpswixmknsm.jpg

Test fit of wire. Did a little more trimming to get it to pass a little more easy.

20140320_194658_zps2nz9qacu.jpg

And here is is mounted. It looks a little odd but the second reason i cut it that way is once the plate is tight it holds my makeshift grommet.

I only had enough wire for one run. Nothing is connected at the moment. Stay tuned for more as this might be my biggest buld myself. It's been a long way from Infinity Subs and Pyramid Amps

If it's worth building, it's worth over building.

image_zps27zlqdnx.jpg

I'm tuned and you know thissss

Thanks alaskanzx5 I might just do that
I can recone a sub myself. About a year ago I took 2 12" power acoustic mofos and made one sub. I took the magnet and the motor off of one and j b welded it to the other motor and magnet. I had to wind my own voice coil so it would work. After I was done hooked up to 2 boss 5000w amps. And shattered my back and all my side windows

came to this thread to recommend soundqubed and ct sounds. OP goes with soundstream.

oh lawd.

love the explorers! i tried 2 10s on mine, was loud as hell for sure :)

I´m the SPL Gains topic creator!! wanna get louder?? check this: SPL Gains. Panamenian 2009 & 2010 & 2014 Bass Race 149.9 Champion!

2 15" subs and a 2K wired at 1 ohm, http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/167788-fecupe2001-2-15s-on-a-2k-video-on-page-3/

8 Massive 15" subs and small power, http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/179296-fecupe2001s-8-15s-4th-order-bandpass-wall/

Got my Mechman in yesterday. Damn near had a heartattack when i tracked the package and it said "left on front porch". My neighborhood isnt the greatest but my sis (no pics of sis for you) was home and able to grab it.

20140325_200407_zpslgmmfdxr.jpg

Question for any of you Ford guys. Im gonna take a guess the single wire plug on the stock alt is for the voltage gauge in the cluster?

20140325_201043_zpsl1eg9a2m.jpg

Next stop waiting for my 2/0 welding wire to come in from weldingsupply.com then i can start wiring it

image_zps27zlqdnx.jpg

That's good wire you've ordered. A friend did his build with about a boatload of that stuff and it's a great product for sure. It's a lot more flexible than I would have guessed. Great looking start to your build, I like it. It's hard to beat at $2.40 a foot in bulk too.

Im not the one you want to try to troll. Just a fyi for you.

Looks like a good start

On 3/28/2014 at 4:22 PM, KyLar96 said:

Its all about the music anyway..... Do a proper install, something your happy with, Fuck everyone else...... improve in time, where you can..... its not rocket science...

Tiburon build //www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/174059-97-hyundai-tiburon-build-from-ramming-to-slamming-slow-5k-build/

2000 Mountaineer build http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/186736-2000-mountaineer-build-from-ramming-to-slamming-part-iislow-5k-builddc-audio-americanbassxspowersingerarcaudiostingershcavideo-on-pg7/

2000 Mercury Mountaineer: Electrical:Singer 360 hairpin powdercoated white alt, Big 4 double run 1/0 SHCA OFC, 4 runs 1/0 OFC SHCA, limitless 70ah, HU: Pioneer deh80prs interiors: Skar sk85.4 on sb acoustics neo dome tweeters 2 Mmats sq4100s on 4 silver flute 8s(4ohm) SUB Stage: 3 DC5K [email protected] on 6 ascendant audio mayhem 12s d1.4s fully loaded

I like the direction this is headed in :good: Just out of curiosity, what part of CT are you in?

On 5/8/2011 at 7:38 PM, Kranny said:
On 5/8/2011 at 7:35 PM, 'Maxim' said:

It hurts me inside when I read stuff like this and remember you're 15

LMFAO so true

:blush:

Mitsubishi 3000GT (Old Build)

Headunit: Pioneer 80PRS

Frontstage: (2) McLaren Audio MLT-2 Tweeters & (4) PRV Audio MR Series Neo 6.5" Mids

Substage: 4 15" Hybrid Subs - Tantric Motors & Sundown Softies

Amps: Banda 2.4D Amp (Tweets), American Bass VFL 350.4 (Mids), and (2) Ampere 3800s

Electrical :Singer 260A Alt & JY Power Lithium

2005 Chevy Colorado Ext Cab

Headunit: Pioneer 80PRS

Frontstage: 4 PRV 700Ti Tweets & 6 10" Delta Mids on 3000wrms

Substage: 6 Fi BTL 18s in a 4th Order Walkthrough on 3 Wolfram 4500s

Electrical: Singer "390" and JY Power

My Official Feedback Thread

forgot to post my poorman tinted tails. I used plasti dip. I think they came out pretty good. I'll get a night time shot.

IMG_20140322_172735_zpszblzvqg2.jpg

I like the direction this is headed in :good: Just out of curiosity, what part of CT are you in?

They crappy part...... oh wait that's almost all of it.

Fairfield county. I spend lots of my days at work about 20 minutes away from the BX

image_zps27zlqdnx.jpg

All you ducked are just a bit too far away from me although you and hunter are pretty close

THERE IS NO BUILD LOG!

1998 Chevy Silverado ext cab

Alpine CDA-9887

4 Team Fi 15s

2 Ampere Audio TFE 8.0

2 Ampere Audio 150.4

3 Digital Designs CS6.5 component sets

Dual Mechman 370XP Elite alternators inbound!

8 XS Power d3400

6 XS power d680

Second Skin

Stinger

Tsunami Wiring

Sky High

A Real Voltmeter not a piece of shit stinger.

Archived