Multiple batteries question!

What type of belt you running. Run a gates they cost lil extra but are way better. They sell them at nappa auto parts.

On 3/28/2014 at 4:22 PM, KyLar96 said:

Its all about the music anyway..... Do a proper install, something your happy with, Fuck everyone else...... improve in time, where you can..... its not rocket science...

Tiburon build //www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/174059-97-hyundai-tiburon-build-from-ramming-to-slamming-slow-5k-build/

2000 Mountaineer build http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/186736-2000-mountaineer-build-from-ramming-to-slamming-part-iislow-5k-builddc-audio-americanbassxspowersingerarcaudiostingershcavideo-on-pg7/

2000 Mercury Mountaineer: Electrical:Singer 360 hairpin powdercoated white alt, Big 4 double run 1/0 SHCA OFC, 4 runs 1/0 OFC SHCA, limitless 70ah, HU: Pioneer deh80prs interiors: Skar sk85.4 on sb acoustics neo dome tweeters 2 Mmats sq4100s on 4 silver flute 8s(4ohm) SUB Stage: 3 DC5K [email protected] on 6 ascendant audio mayhem 12s d1.4s fully loaded

Get the biggest xs power batt that will fit underhood to start off. Then another one for the back.

700 posts yeah!!!

On 3/28/2014 at 4:22 PM, KyLar96 said:

Its all about the music anyway..... Do a proper install, something your happy with, Fuck everyone else...... improve in time, where you can..... its not rocket science...

Tiburon build //www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/174059-97-hyundai-tiburon-build-from-ramming-to-slamming-slow-5k-build/

2000 Mountaineer build http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/186736-2000-mountaineer-build-from-ramming-to-slamming-part-iislow-5k-builddc-audio-americanbassxspowersingerarcaudiostingershcavideo-on-pg7/

2000 Mercury Mountaineer: Electrical:Singer 360 hairpin powdercoated white alt, Big 4 double run 1/0 SHCA OFC, 4 runs 1/0 OFC SHCA, limitless 70ah, HU: Pioneer deh80prs interiors: Skar sk85.4 on sb acoustics neo dome tweeters 2 Mmats sq4100s on 4 silver flute 8s(4ohm) SUB Stage: 3 DC5K [email protected] on 6 ascendant audio mayhem 12s d1.4s fully loaded

The math says that amp will only pull Approx 101 amps at full tilt (using 75% efficiency). You've got 240 amps. There should be NO dimming at all. Either the alt isn't working or the wiring is serioiusly jacked.

In your big 3, did you ground the alt case to chassis with 1/0? If not, you should. Then also make sure the amp ground is also 1/0.

mind if i ask to see how you did your math for the 101A draw? i only ask cause i tried doing it before for my aq2200 and i remember getting closer to 200A and i wanna make sure im doing stuff rigght.

and my 90A alt does alright at charging the batts lol lowest my voltage goes is about 12V

I think you have a bit of truck stuck in your mud bro

~Ford Ranger, ext cab
Kenwood DDX470
1/0ga stinger wiring for big 3
1/0ga ofc flextech wiring

3 kinetik 800's

AQ2200 @1ohm

Sundown Audio X15

in a 27Hz tuned ported box

LE BUILD LOG!!!

Sure, no problem.

Your amp advertises to make 1100 watts so I assumed that was your power.

I used 75% efficiency (no amps are 100% efficient, class D are more efficient than A/B). So, 1100W/.75 = 1466 Watts consumed by your amp

1466 watts / 14.4 V = 101.85 Amps (I was generous that you would have no voltage drop, but in reality your wiring will add some drop)

But there you go. Your big 'ol atlernator should be smashing that load easily without touching your batteries.

ohhhh lol i thought we were talking about his bigger amps (about 2K+)

so

2200W/0.75 = 2933.33W draw

2933.33w/14.4v = 203.7A draw.

and that's where i was getting 200A lol thanks for writing it out for me man.

~Ford Ranger, ext cab
Kenwood DDX470

3 kinetik 800's

AQ2200 @1ohm

Sundown Audio X15

LE BUILD LOG!!!

I just run a cheap $11 belt from O'Reilly Auto Parts. Need to tighten it further I guess...

XS Power is outta my budget atm, but I will jump to those down the road after saving up. I can only afford another Duralast Platinum atm :(

“The fascination of flight can't be expressed with words. But it really lies beyond the capabilities of human endeavor. Once you've experienced it, you'll never be able to forget it.” - Friedrich Oblessor

CCA wire? Why not OFC? Not sure if that is your problem but it might help with current transfer once the CCA heats up.

I also still have dimming lights running a Mechman 240A. I am starting to notice little issues like this throughout the threads here with Mechman. Starting to question my purchase.

I have some time tomorrow to tighten up my belt to the max, I'll report back on findings.

I just also realized that my amp is getting 1/0 awg power and still running off the old 4 awg ground. I think I need to fix that. The old 4 awg ground is also not done very well, but sufficient enough that the amp won't randomly cut off. You think that may be the issue there as well?

New amp is obviously gonna have 1/0 awg power AND ground. Temporary setup till I get my new amp.

“The fascination of flight can't be expressed with words. But it really lies beyond the capabilities of human endeavor. Once you've experienced it, you'll never be able to forget it.” - Friedrich Oblessor

CCA wire? Why not OFC? Not sure if that is your problem but it might help with current transfer once the CCA heats up.

I also still have dimming lights running a Mechman 240A. I am starting to notice little issues like this throughout the threads here with Mechman. Starting to question my purchase.

The CCA I have is rated up to 250A, so it's fine with my 240A alternator. Mechman told me this so I'm pretty sure it's fine...

I have some time tomorrow to tighten up my belt to the max, I'll report back on findings.

I just also realized that my amp is getting 1/0 awg power and still running off the old 4 awg ground. I think I need to fix that. The old 4 awg ground is also not done very well, but sufficient enough that the amp won't randomly cut off. You think that may be the issue there as well?

New amp is obviously gonna have 1/0 awg power AND ground. Temporary setup till I get my new amp.

that could definitely be the problem! not having a proper ground can cause tons of problems. i'd get that fixed before anything else

~Ford Ranger, ext cab
Kenwood DDX470

3 kinetik 800's

AQ2200 @1ohm

Sundown Audio X15

LE BUILD LOG!!!

Archived