Multiple batteries question!

Ohay guys, so... gotta couple of upgrades in my car recently...

Mechman S Series 240 amp alt

Big 3 upgrade 1/0 awg CCA

1/0 awg batt to amp CCA

Duralast Platinum batt under hood

2 x Sundown SA-12

1795742_10152029181712569_466258043_n.jp

1779106_10152029181697569_235225707_n.jp

Currently running a BRX1100.1D, and I notice very slight light dimming when at full tilt with a heavy bass note/beat. Amp has been tuned properly with DD-1.

I am about to upgrade my amp, either to the SAZ-2500D or the Q1-2200D. If I were to get a second Duralast Platinum batt, would the dimming go away? Eventually further down the road I will upgrade to XS powers, but don't have the funds at the moment. Any thoughts? Thanks!

“The fascination of flight can't be expressed with words. But it really lies beyond the capabilities of human endeavor. Once you've experienced it, you'll never be able to forget it.” - Friedrich Oblessor

Not much you can do about the headlight dimming, if you want to reduce it to a minimum, you'll need to use some 8 awg wire to the headlight from the battery with a relay as close the the light as possible so it isn't snaking it's way through the car from the battery to the dash then back out to the lights.

01 Ford focus ZX3

Pioneer AVH-X491BHS

PPI PC 4800.2

Morel Maximo 6.5" x2

I just find it odd that only 1100W on a 240 amp mechman alt still causes dimming. Normally you can't seem dimming at all, but on extremely low notes (sub 30Hz) and loud beats at full tilt, it'll dim. I hear people say an extra battery solves this problem because it adds more power reserve since the alternator cannot "react" fast enough to the sudden demand of power during those heavy beats. Is this true?

“The fascination of flight can't be expressed with words. But it really lies beyond the capabilities of human endeavor. Once you've experienced it, you'll never be able to forget it.” - Friedrich Oblessor

only way to know is with an analog volt meter. then you can see exactly what's happening to your voltage. or an O-scope would also work for that if you have one lol but those are even most expensive.

but in retrospect you'll see a change in your headlight brightness if your voltage changes at all! even if it's just like 500mV when the bass hits

edit: i should probably read your whole post before responding. if you wanna run a 2200 or bigger i'd definitely get another battery. im running an AQ220 and with 3 Kinetik 800's and my voltage drops to like high 12's on heavy stuff. but im also running stock 90A alt.

I think you have a bit of truck stuck in your mud bro

~Ford Ranger, ext cab
Kenwood DDX470
1/0ga stinger wiring for big 3
1/0ga ofc flextech wiring

3 kinetik 800's

AQ2200 @1ohm

Sundown Audio X15

in a 27Hz tuned ported box

LE BUILD LOG!!!

your stock 90amp alt is charging all those bats?

I'm shocked that op is still getting dimming, are you getting belt slip?

jvc deck

stinger 1800 front

hc 2000 kinetic rear

2 runs of 1/0g

big 3/4

ct 60.4

2 ct 1400.1

ct EXO 15 d1

lots of deadner

type r comps front stage

6 kicker tweets rear stage

lots of great stuff

coming soon

ho alt

more bats

ct comps for front stage

more deadner

sweet amp rack

lots of L.E.D lights

new deck (thinking 80 prs, or flip out)

Did you do the big 3. What are your grounds like? Do you have a volt meter?

On 3/28/2014 at 4:22 PM, KyLar96 said:

Its all about the music anyway..... Do a proper install, something your happy with, Fuck everyone else...... improve in time, where you can..... its not rocket science...

Tiburon build //www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/174059-97-hyundai-tiburon-build-from-ramming-to-slamming-slow-5k-build/

2000 Mountaineer build http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/186736-2000-mountaineer-build-from-ramming-to-slamming-part-iislow-5k-builddc-audio-americanbassxspowersingerarcaudiostingershcavideo-on-pg7/

2000 Mercury Mountaineer: Electrical:Singer 360 hairpin powdercoated white alt, Big 4 double run 1/0 SHCA OFC, 4 runs 1/0 OFC SHCA, limitless 70ah, HU: Pioneer deh80prs interiors: Skar sk85.4 on sb acoustics neo dome tweeters 2 Mmats sq4100s on 4 silver flute 8s(4ohm) SUB Stage: 3 DC5K [email protected] on 6 ascendant audio mayhem 12s d1.4s fully loaded

your stock 90amp alt is charging all those bats?

I'm shocked that op is still getting dimming, are you getting belt slip?

I actually think I'm getting belt slip atm. When I first installed the belt it was fine, then it loosened up and started squealing at startup, so I tightened it and the squealing went away. Now, 2 weeks later, it's starting to squeal at startup again. It's also the proper sized belt recommended by Mechman. I guess I'll just have to tighten it up again.

Yea, I'll need a volt meter to measure it, have to borrow a friend's. You think it's reasonable to have 2 Duralast Platinums running an Q1-2200D or SAZ-2500D with that 240 amp Mechman?

The math says that amp will only pull Approx 101 amps at full tilt (using 75% efficiency). You've got 240 amps. There should be NO dimming at all. Either the alt isn't working or the wiring is serioiusly jacked.

In your big 3, did you ground the alt case to chassis with 1/0? If not, you should. Then also make sure the amp ground is also 1/0.

Archived