matt3477 Posted March 24, 2014 Author Report Posted March 24, 2014 2001 oldsmobile intrigue. The width and height is max, but yes the depth can go a little more. Also, subs and port forward, it'll be sealed off from the trunk. I only have one sub right now, got it at a garage sale with a bandpass box that was trashed. That box fit perfect, had another sub but it was blown. Open to suggestions. Possible for one 15"? Similar dimensions.
Triticum Agricolam Posted March 24, 2014 Report Posted March 24, 2014 What kind of sub is the one you have? Just how much deeper can the box be? "Nothing prevents people from knowing the truth more than the belief they already know it.""Making bass is easy, making music is the hard part."Builds:
matt3477 Posted March 24, 2014 Author Report Posted March 24, 2014 {pioneer ts-w34c 12" (1.5cft enclosure needed)} And about 5".
Triticum Agricolam Posted March 24, 2014 Report Posted March 24, 2014 Are you going to be able to find another one of those TS-W34c subs to go in that box? "Nothing prevents people from knowing the truth more than the belief they already know it.""Making bass is easy, making music is the hard part."Builds:
matt3477 Posted March 24, 2014 Author Report Posted March 24, 2014 Do I need the same? If so I could try to, if not then what?
EP95 Posted March 24, 2014 Report Posted March 24, 2014 Better to run the same subs, 2 different subs generally don't sound good.
Joe X Posted March 25, 2014 Report Posted March 25, 2014 Do I need the same? If so I could try to, if not then what? Some cancellation may happen leading in many cases to bad sounding low end, loss of output, also that sub seems old like 2001-2002, it's unlikely that you will find another one in nice condition, seems to me that you are wasting your time, get some cheap new subs ($40-$50) if you really think you can't afford something a little better.
timc31610 Posted March 25, 2014 Report Posted March 25, 2014 If I were the OP, I would go with a single Soundqubed HDS212 for $85, a very affordable 600 watt sub, should kill that 150 watt pioneer and will most likely be cheaper than trying to find another like it. My Build Log 94 Civic http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/188644-94-civic-4-door-build-loq-suggestions-wanted-will-be-super-slow-mo/ Faceebook reluctantly
matt3477 Posted March 25, 2014 Author Report Posted March 25, 2014 How about a box design for one 10" that I'm currently using? Pioneer 10" from Walmart.
Triticum Agricolam Posted March 25, 2014 Report Posted March 25, 2014 How about a box design for one 10" that I'm currently using? Pioneer 10" from Walmart. Building a box for Walmart subs is bordering on being a waste of time. You will spend more money on raw materials for the box than that sub is worth. timc31610 had a what's probably the best idea for you. Get a SoundQubed HDS212, build a decent box for it, and proceed to rock out. Actually this leads to an important overall question, what are you trying to accomplish and what is your budget for doing so? "Nothing prevents people from knowing the truth more than the belief they already know it.""Making bass is easy, making music is the hard part."Builds:
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.