whats a good router

Miguels

The UCC bit doing work

The top speaker cutout is from a typical spiral bit, if you look closely you can kind of see a slightly bumpy edge.

The bottom speaker cutout is from the UCC along with the board under neath that the speaker cutout was from.

Granted the bit loves lower rpms, I spin mine around 16000rpm, seems to be the sweet spot with my router (judging from how easy it cuts and how little noise the router makes).

11008507_936521649715484_801639104684865

Idk if anyone has suggested this or not but when you're making cuts take advantage of the plunge feature and take it little by little, don't try to go through the whole 3/4 in. piece at once. That may not be what everyone does, but I sure do like it.

Team Bass-Hz

screenshot5-1.jpg

no one has said it but seen it on youtube.. is there a reason to it?

To be honest I don't know, but I do notice that it puts less strain on my router and it's easier to cut. Keep in mind I don't have a top of the line router, but it's not he cheapest either. I learned it in wood shop and it stuck with me: maybe someone here has a better explanation.

Team Bass-Hz

screenshot5-1.jpg

no one has said it but seen it on youtube.. is there a reason to it?

To be honest I don't know, but I do notice that it puts less strain on my router and it's easier to cut. Keep in mind I don't have a top of the line router, but it's not he cheapest either. I learned it in wood shop and it stuck with me: maybe someone here has a better explanation.

It is easier on the bit, especially with cheap bits. I usually did 2 passes prior but not with the ucc. just 1 pass and done with it looking cleaner than it would with 2-3 passes.

RPM speed is everything which I just found out a couple months ago, spinning the bits slower instead of faster makes them cut easier, even tried playing with my speed settings and noticed how big of a difference it is.

heat and pressure are killer for bits.

the deeper you plunge the more effort it takes to rotate causing great and stress on the bit. Factor in speed and you've just signed the bits death certificate

Rolex you sicken me.

this_zpszasq3bwt.gif

Just let me finish my pie

~ Juice

Archived