New to car audio. Need help on good S/Q system? Help!

dlopez

Ok. So I've made up my mind... I'm going with the Kenwood DDX8901HD. I just have to wait for Kenwood to start shipping them. They're saying mid to late April. So I have to be patient. Now on to the 3rd stage. The amp & sub... I think I have made up my mind about sticking with all Hertz. So I still need to figure out wether to stick with a 5-channel amp or go with a 4-channel & a mono. They're plenty of mixed opinions about this. I'd love to read yours?!?!?!?!

If I were you, I'd use an amp for your door speakers, then another amp for your subwoofer(s)

Rockford has some pretty nice SQ amps.

no they dont ... rockford does not have "SQ" amps they are mid-fi at best.

Thx. I've been doing some research and the Audison Bit Ten proccessor seems like the way to go if I don't change my head unit. If I do change it I'm considering the Kenwood DDX8901HD. This one seems to fit my car the best and works well with the Sync system. My setup is simple. I have 4 components. 2 on the front doors & 2 on the rear doors. I have the tweeters set up on the pillars. I plan to add 1 10" sub in the trunk. Nothing elaborate. But I'm hoping it would do it's job, What do you guys think?

of all the processors that i have researched i liked the HELIX the most. and thats what i use in my car and i just got 1st in sound quality at SBN 2014

i just got 1st in sound quality at SBN 2014

Congratz Brother !!!

Kenwood / HELIX / Linear Power (For The Love Of Music) / Brutal Sounds / OverKill Electric Co 

Questions About Sound Quality ?? Try Here ... Sound Quality, What does it REALLY mean ?? 

SMD SOTM Winner "White Lightning" 1997 GMT400 Chevy Silverado   

"The Green Dickle" 1994 GMT400 Chevy "Phantom Dually"   

Randal's 2007 Chevy Avalanche (we haven't named this one yet)

Dylan's "Brutal" 17 Chevy Cruze RS Hatch                         

Ok. So I've made up my mind... I'm going with the Kenwood DDX8901HD. I just have to wait for Kenwood to start shipping them. They're saying mid to late April. So I have to be patient. Now on to the 3rd stage. The amp & sub... I think I have made up my mind about sticking with all Hertz. So I still need to figure out wether to stick with a 5-channel amp or go with a 4-channel & a mono. They're plenty of mixed opinions about this. I'd love to read yours?!?!?!?!

I like rhe idea of two amps over 1..generally youll do better with 2 because you have more options..the 5 channel to me limits you..plus if youre new to car audio I think you need to figure out what it is you prefer out of a system..this all will depend on what you listen to. If its rock or top 40 type music id go with more higher frequency oriented (what ppl call spl) drivers abd if you like hip hop/rap id go with a lower frequency (what ppl call sq) driver. To keep things simple id go with 1 high end sub 12 or 15 for you..itll make wiring simpler and box designs easier. Hertz and jl are all more commercialized brands...you should look at other brands too..ones that you dont see in every shop..like sundown audio. Ct sounds. Obsidian audio. Ssa audio .. theres way more out there that would be better quality and more durable for similar prices.. for example I have a memphis audio amp that retailed for over 900 dollars new but its 1500watts rms.. now you can get a 1500w rms amp for around 300 or even less..all because memphis is a commercialized brand.you should tell us how much they would be charging you for each and every piece and maybe we can suggest something better. Or you could do it the way most ppl do (the hard way) which is spend a shit load of money over a shitload of time trying different equipment everytime you break something.. and if you are new you definitely will burn some subs up at some point or maybe even fry an amp. You probably will budget then later find out what you bought isnt what youre looking for or expecting.. car audio is a very expensive hobby

You need trunk space to get groceries and shit...bitches love groceries

From all I have read at your choices I am sure you should be happy with two amps, However, if you are serious about going with a processor I highly recommend picking up three. two fourchannels and a sub amp. digital or a/b depending on your budget. Personally I have a/b, two vehicle have old school amps and the other vehicle has new amps. Processing is a big deal and should not be taken lightly. SMD will recommend the RF360 all day, I suggest you do your research and see how much control you want and what intergrates better. I recently upgraded (some would say down graded) to accomodate feature of functions in my head unit. As much as my previous head unit is so sought after I felt the change helped clean up a shit load of noise going with a balanced signal and fiber optic.

Oh and 2nd the comment about concntrate on the front stage. The rear fill should be fine on the passives. Good Luck.

Great info guys... Thank you. As I've said, I'm going with the Kenwood head unit. I'm gonna replace it myself. It doesn't look to difficult and I think I can handle it. As for Hertz amps & sub, I didn't think they were that commercialized. Especially for the fact that there are but a few retailers that sell the Hertz/Audison line. Now JL Audio IS commercialized. They're everywhere. That's why I figured I'd go againt the trend and have chosen Hertz. Now I have to decide on wether to go with 1 or 2 amps. I think I'm leaning towards the 5 channel amp for budgetary reasons. Atleast I can have a very good sounding system for what my budget allows. It really is a win-win!!!

Thanks again guys. I'll keep you posted.

Archived