Best Subs and Amp For RCSB Silverado

04silvyhotrod

I'm new to the site and looking for some help. I have done all the performance mods I want to my truck. So I figured I want to upgrade the audio in it. Its a 04 RCSB Silverado, the box I will be using is the sub thump box that can fit 2 10s or 12s. And has a place for the amp in the middle. Heres the link http://subthump.com/index.php?cPath=1_14 The speakers in my truck is shot, so I ordered the mtx thunderdome series for the front and back. And I ordered the JVC KW-R910BT head unit. As for the sound, I want good quality and some nice bass to go along with it. Nothing that will shatter my windows lol. I just want a nice sounding setup. Any help is appreciated.

04 RCSB Silverado- Full Bolt on 5.3, 4l60e, 3.73s

05 Pontiac Bonneville GXP- K&N Intake, 4.6, 4t80e

Gmc S15 Trail Rig- Too much to list!

89 K1500- 4.3, nv3500, 3.73s

Welcome to SMD

Kenwood / HELIX / Linear Power (For The Love Of Music) / Brutal Sounds / OverKill Electric Co 

Questions About Sound Quality ?? Try Here ... Sound Quality, What does it REALLY mean ?? 

SMD SOTM Winner "White Lightning" 1997 GMT400 Chevy Silverado   

"The Green Dickle" 1994 GMT400 Chevy "Phantom Dually"   

Randal's 2007 Chevy Avalanche (we haven't named this one yet)

Dylan's "Brutal" 17 Chevy Cruze RS Hatch                         

I've done 3 shallow mount pionner built on back of cab with a 1000 watts and with exile comps in front with a pdx amp think was like 150wattz a channel no rear fill speakers sounded great.

If you have bucket seats.take center console out and build a center console box with a down firing 10" with port facing forward on 1500 watts which I think sounded fantastic

Bass amp fits hood under passenger side get a nice 2channel for drivers side.

Just need move some stuff its easy

Thanks for the response, but dont have bucket seats, got a bench. But I like the bench seat lol. Made alot of fond memories in the bench seat lol. But the best for me would be use the sub thump box behind the seat. I'm wanting to run 2 12s in the truck. But what subs and amp would go good with the speakers I ordered? I use the truck as a dd and want a setup thats clean and sounds good. If ya have some recommendation on what 12in subs and amp thats good for the box I have let me know.

Best of luck getting anything "Useable" out of anything larger than a pair of 10s ... Pair of 12s "May" fit, but good luck with them giving you the desired output ...

Sometimes ... Less is more

Kenwood / HELIX / Linear Power (For The Love Of Music) / Brutal Sounds / OverKill Electric Co 

Questions About Sound Quality ?? Try Here ... Sound Quality, What does it REALLY mean ?? 

A couple Sundown 8" in a box under rear seat would have more out put. What the depth of the box you want to use? For speakers to fit, and cu ft air space for both. Thats the factory and info you need to help pick out your subs. How much do you want to spend, watts to mids & highs, as well as watts to subs. Any electrical upgrade or batteries? Lots goes into designing a system.

Welcome though, i hope you find the answers here to help build a nice system.

The sub thump box says it has .85cu ft per sub. And mounting depth for 10s is 6.25in an 12s is 5.75. Im not wanting a competition setup so $600 for subs an amp. If 10s is better I'll run 10s. You all have much more experiance than me when it comes to sytems. So any help is appreciated.

A couple Sundown 8" in a box under rear seat would have more out put.

He has a single cab truck with no back seat. The enclosusre will have to go behind the primary bench seat.

Archived