CleanSierra Posted March 25, 2014 Report Posted March 25, 2014 Just so you know, I was only being funny and not serious. I don't think you're quite heart where you need to be on port area though in all honesty. If you're looking for a big SPL gain, that port isn't going to get it done. Flaring over the port adding a cube isn't likely to have some monster gain on a meter. Im not the one you want to try to troll. Just a fyi for you.
jeepbass1 Posted March 25, 2014 Author Report Posted March 25, 2014 Just so you know, I was only being funny and not serious. I don't think you're quite heart where you need to be on port area though in all honesty. If you're looking for a big SPL gain, that port isn't going to get it done. Flaring over the port adding a cube isn't likely to have some monster gain on a meter. Oh I know you where not be serious at all. My plan is to deaden the vehicle like I said and building new ports since this port can just be un-bolted very easily and I understand larger sub box plus port change may give me +1 or 2 db but most of my loss i believe its the back gate area and roof. I plan on taking it back to get term lab'd after I get like 2 or 3 ports made and get the entire vehicle deadened.
Smoove Posted March 25, 2014 Report Posted March 25, 2014 As mentioned already. you need to reduce some of that flex. Your poor roof will thank you it. 2 Team Fi 15's v1 2 DD M5's 970amps of Alt 6th order blowthroughThe truck Blowthrough build : http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/155555-smooves-1996-chevy-ext-cab-c1500-slow-build/The 350z build : http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/170694-smooves-2003-nissan-350z/ My FB page https://www.facebook.com/pages/Smooves-Car-Audio-and-performance/719746144805343 Team Fi Audio http://www.ficaraudio.com/
CleanSierra Posted March 25, 2014 Report Posted March 25, 2014 Yeah, seal up as much as you can. Tons of little tweaks can increase a score. Interchangeable ports it's definitely a great idea. Deaden the crap out of that hatch and roof as well and you're on the right track. Im not the one you want to try to troll. Just a fyi for you.
jeepbass1 Posted March 25, 2014 Author Report Posted March 25, 2014 Yeah, seal up as much as you can. Tons of little tweaks can increase a score. Interchangeable ports it's definitely a great idea. Deaden the crap out of that hatch and roof as well and you're on the right track. thanks for the advice I'm gonna have a on of fun building ports. I'm thinking a 35hz, 40hz and, maybe another port all a lot larger in area.
CleanSierra Posted March 25, 2014 Report Posted March 25, 2014 Sweet, can't wait to see them. You have any other pics of the build? It looks nice. Im not the one you want to try to troll. Just a fyi for you.
jeepbass1 Posted March 25, 2014 Author Report Posted March 25, 2014 Here is my build logPlease comment on my build I would love some ideas !!!( Just an amateurs build lol) http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/174595-lifted-jeepnew-box-p-new-video-342014-2-15s/
john253a Posted March 25, 2014 Report Posted March 25, 2014 What port did you have in when you metered it
jeepbass1 Posted March 25, 2014 Author Report Posted March 25, 2014 What port did you have in when you metered it 7.5x 7.5 (56.25sq") 30 hz port
cfarrias Posted March 25, 2014 Report Posted March 25, 2014 doesnt look like your port has any room to breathe either. On your back hatch you might want to take off the plastic oem cover and deaden the crap out of that hatch and maybe even leave the cover off so your port has more room to breathe. just a suggestion
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.