Titan Z

Nvidia knows exactly how to get enthusiasts to spend all of their money.

2 Titian Black chips on one card. 12GB VRAM. 3-slot cooler. No word yet on clock speeds or TDP.

Oh, and it costs $3000, which is more than my truck is worth.

http://www.geforce.com/whats-new/articles/announcing-the-geforce-gtx-titan-z

GF_GTX_Titian_Z_top_2Height_DarkerPCI.pn

wtf is lolcats?

I'd def get a fat hooker if i had to resort to that kinda thing. I feel like they'd be grateful and work harder. Also its more bang for my buck, more real estate for my dollar if you catch my drift. its like the Costco of streetwalkers.

I was hoping for 150 :(.

I was hoping she would let me put it in her butt

Saw this. I'm not even a huge PC guy, but damn! Pricey as fuuuuuu....

29408240963_9908a51930_o.png
Best Score to Date : 160.5 dB Outlaw (47Hz)[4 XM 15's & 2 Taramps Bass 12k's]

BL :  http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/147800-chevyboy95s-4-15s-7krms-wall-1533-db-on-half-power/
YouTube: http://www.youtube.com/hitemwiththeflex/

Is it confirmed that it is 2 titan black chips, or not?

I found nothing confirming it, and if it is. WHAT A JOKE

Normally cards that are running dual gpus on one pcb are cheaper then buying 2 cards seperatly like the 690 which is 1000$ or $1400 for 2 680s at the time.

So you can go buy 2 titan blacks for 2 grand or buy the titan z for 3grand. makes no sense to me.

4 titan blacks $4000

2 titan z $6000

Both methods equal 4way sli, 24gb of video memory of same speed, same amount of cuda cores.

They are really just whoring out the kepler chip now and its getting sickening to hear about..

Why not release something like a GTX880 already esh

Anandtech got confirmed specs from Nvidia regarding core counts and some other specs. It's 2 full GK110 chips with 6GB VRAM per chip, identical to the Titan Black. The core speeds are certainly going to be lowered to control power requirements and heat output but that's to be expected from a dual-GPU card.

People will still buy it. From a value standpoint it makes ABSOLUTELY no sense but for performance in a given space it makes perfect sense. There are folks who have the money to blow on it and it's a halo product that caters to that audience - similar to how the first Titan was $1000. As far as "this vs 2 Titans" or "2 of these vs 3/4 Titans/GTX 780 Tis" it can still make sense because if you watercool 2 of these with 2-slot brackets it will only take up 4 slots on your case where as 3 Titans take up 6 slots and 4 Titans take up 8 slots. Personally I have a sound card, 3rd GPU for PhysX, and a PCI -> USB card in my case. If I had the budget I'd absolutely take 2 of these over 3 or 4 Titans and still have room for other PCIe cards. I would also have a few 4K monitors because I would be swimming in money at that point. Maybe if I ever win the lottery I'll buy a few and send one over to you :)

You also have the option of cramming this sucker into an miniITX chassis and having the power of two Titans in a shoebox. I kinda like that one more.

http://www.anandtech.com/show/7897/nvidia-announces-geforce-gtx-titan-z-dualgpu-gk110-for-3000

15x74ms.png

wtf is lolcats?

I'd def get a fat hooker if i had to resort to that kinda thing. I feel like they'd be grateful and work harder. Also its more bang for my buck, more real estate for my dollar if you catch my drift. its like the Costco of streetwalkers.

They are really just whoring out the kepler chip now and its getting sickening to hear about..

Why not release something like a GTX880 already esh

Oh, they're definitely whoring out Kepler at this point, though it makes sense as to why they're doing it. Kepler is still faster than AMD's Hawaii chips at the high end and 28nm Kepler chips are cheaper to amnufacture than 20nm Maxwell chips. As long as they can keep producing and selling Kepler-based GPUs they will continue to. AMD is struggling to compete with Nvidia's high-end cards and Titan Z is just icing on the GPU King cake for Nvidia.

It worries me a little because AMD has been teasing a dual-GPU card for a few weeks now. If their dual-GPU card is anything less than a dual R9 290X card for less than $1200 it won't might not even be a blip on the radar compared to the media buzz that Titan Z will get. Especially since that's before you consider the engineering feat it will require to keep 2 Hawaii chips cool, quiet, and fed enough power on a single PCB. I wouldn't be surprised at all to see AMD use a hybrid water-cooled solution for their dual-Hawaii card similar to what ASUS did for their ARES II dual-7970 card.

1263387-asus-rog-ares-ii-6gd5-22.jpg

wtf is lolcats?

I dunno, I've played on two titans in SLI, the only way you would really get what you paid for is with a multi monitor setup. Otherwise I dont think you'd notice much difference from a 680 or even a 770. This is one of the few points I've seen in the history of graphics cards that the cards are way faster than any game thats out.

I dunno, I've played on two titans in SLI, the only way you would really get what you paid for is with a multi monitor setup. Otherwise I dont think you'd notice much difference from a 680 or even a 770. This is one of the few points I've seen in the history of graphics cards that the cards are way faster than any game thats out.

I agree. My 780 SLI setup is overkill right now and I have a 30" 2560x1600 monitor. As 4K slowly becomes a new standard in the next year or two then crazy powerful GPU setups will make sense again but I see people buy a 780 Ti or SLI two 780's and they're playing on a single 1080p screen and it's just stupid absurd overkill.

wtf is lolcats?

I agree. My 780 SLI setup is overkill right now and I have a 30" 2560x1600 monitor. As 4K slowly becomes a new standard in the next year or two then crazy powerful GPU setups will make sense again but I see people buy a 780 Ti or SLI two 780's and they're playing on a single 1080p screen and it's just stupid absurd overkill.

This is why when i upgraded i only went with one GTX 770 SC instead of 2. if i had the disposiable income to throw at a 4k monitor then it would totally make sense to go to a high end GPU SLI setup but i totally agree with you beaker and maxim that a top end 600 series and 770+ in the 700 series is plenty to handle what the games of today are capable of producing.

My build log http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/143943-2001-mustang-gt-system-rebuild-box-build-pics-updated-61512/

2001 Ford Mustang GT

4.6 SOHC 380HP

270 amp Mechman alt

2 12" Treo SSX custom built.

6.47 cu ft, tuned to 32Hz

2 hifonics Brutus 2400.1, strapped

1 optima yellow top

1 Kinetic HC1800

14.4v @ 29Hz, 2k RPM

over 100ft 1/0 XS flex wire

Big 3 in 1/0

100sq ft fatmat deadener

145.3 on music, 142.6 sealed on music

Stop being a pussy and wall it off.

I hate when my google breaks too

I think the usps must be ran by a bunch of drunk ass oriental midget monkey's on methamphetamines.

Why you got to hate on my 780ti's in sli?

You jealous of my single 1080p screen.

Now I just want to order a 3rd!

I blame Asus for my ROG monitor not being released yet!

lulz, but really I do want a 3rd...

I dont see it even being close to overkill on a single 1080p monitor since battlefield 4 still runs like crap due to its "optimization" seeing large drops to 30fps on ultra settings which these 2 "absurd overkill" cards should handle.

and in 1-2 years as 4k comes into the market more and more, the titan z will be outdated, buy some new card again

Archived