Second Skin Audio

Which Kicker 12" subs?

MaxStanden

Also could it be wired up with connectors so that when I need to put stuff in the trunk I can just unplug it and take it out easily or is that too complicated to do?

gone whippin

Ok so we got subs and Amp chosen now as for the box what do I need? Other than sub, box and amp what else do I need? like what typing of wiring and stuff? for example in the equinox I would want to leave the deck stock so I heard of a little box that takes the mono from the rear speakers for the amp? would that be the best way?

The sub stage is the harder part of a system, usually, for electrical I would recommend doing a big 3, a deep cycle battery and some fine power wiring to the amp, the box layout depends on the vehicle you end up choosing but both mentioned will have more than enough space for the enclosure, and yes you will likely need a LOC (the box you mention) to interface to the amp, there are other expensive ways not worth mentioning.

If you want to remove the box when needed, you can, I would look to avoid installing the amp in the box so that only the speaker terminals are disconnected.

Try not to cover too much ground so fast, people spend months improving their systems, read around the forums and review other people's setups, there's a lot to be checked and understood.

If I was to follow this would it be correct?

also if I was to disonnect the sub but leave the amp wouldnt that mess with it when I drive without a sub connected? Also whats a "big 3" and replace the car batt with a deep cycle or add a second one and as for power wire what do you mean "fine"? Thanks for all the help guys!

gone whippin

The second link is "B" stock meaning there may be a minor blemish here or there but physically the driver operates 100%. I would not hesitate to get the b stock considering the savings.

• 3 weeks later...

Just ordered the Sundown E15" 500W 4ohm subs from 1800woofers.com because they had free shipping so I thought why not. Going to order the soundqubed amp soon and my shop class teacher is going help me build a sub box. Where can I get some plans for a nice sub box and I will most likely be wanting to use the subs in my house for a little as wating on a car so would I just buy a computer power supply or I have a Efuel 1200W 15v-24V 60A power supply I use to power chargers for my radio control hobby, Would that work to power the amp?

gone whippin

I guess I am a bit late but I have a Kicker L7 15 in my ride and it thumps hard. I have also had Diamond, Memphis, Orion (this was the best old subwoofer I have ever owned), Fosgate T2s, Sundown, and MTX. I have also owned a few decent but trash subs like Sony Xplods, Insignia, and Dual to name a few. Even owned a Coustic and a Alumapro.

You did great buying the Sundown. Great sub that I think you are going to love.

I can tell you that 60A is not enough to run the Soundqubed amp you will need for those. I would look into getting a 100 amp power supply if you are going to use the Q1-1200D. That's the amp I would suggest to use.

Anybody have any suggestions on how to wire up the two E15's and SQ1200D? I ordered the dual 4OHM e15's as reccomended and did some research on everything but what would be the proper way to wire it all up and does anybody make a wiring kit that would be suitable or would I need to make my own?

gone whippin

Archived