Are These Components Good?

Seymore

I'm pretty much on a tight budget for my DD, I'm looking for 4 components (two pairs) to go into my '01 civic. Planning on amping them up properly and deadining/sealing the doors off. Looking for 40w-75w rms each, and super-low budget. Not expecting high quality, but good quality for the price. I found these on Sonic Electronix - http://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_67895_Precision-Power-BI.65C.html

anyone know if they'd be good for my situation?

2001 Civic LX Sedan
Pioneer DEH-7500HD

Big 3 in 1/0 Knu CCA
Rockford P500-4
RF Punch P165-S in doors
RF Punch P165 in rear deck
Front doors deadened with Damplifier

Next
SQ's new HDS208 8" in a T-line whenever it FINALLY COMES OUT I CAN FINALLY AFFORD IT
:dammit:

Bend over and I'll show ya.

how is it 2 days work? half a day at most, i may be an idiot, but im not an idiot.

Just from looking at the specs, mid/bass will be a little weak.

Just my opinion, but if you are saving for a DD you might as well just get a Soundqubed for a fraction of the price. DD is awesome, no doubt, but I can't bring myself to pay for them.

Anyway, then you will have more money to spend on front stage. Also in my opinion if you are on a tight budget, don't buy components. Get some decent coaxials. You will get better coaxial speakers for 50 bucks than you will components.

Would it be fine to have a set of the components up front and a set of the same series, same size & RMS coaxial in the back? Coaxial set is only 35$ compared to the component's 50$.

2001 Civic LX Sedan
Pioneer DEH-7500HD

Big 3 in 1/0 Knu CCA
Rockford P500-4
RF Punch P165-S in doors

Next
SQ's new HDS208 8" in a T-line whenever it FINALLY COMES OUT I CAN FINALLY AFFORD IT

how is it 2 days work? half a day at most, i may be an idiot, but im not an idiot.

Just my opinion, but if you are saving for a DD you might as well just get a Soundqubed for a fraction of the price. DD is awesome, no doubt, but I can't bring myself to pay for them.

Anyway, then you will have more money to spend on front stage. Also in my opinion if you are on a tight budget, don't buy components. Get some decent coaxials. You will get better coaxial speakers for 50 bucks than you will components.

you cant tell performance in anyway from specs. Maybe if you have a full T/S list, but not from the few things sonic gives out.....

29408240963_9908a51930_o.png
Best Score to Date : 160.5 dB Outlaw (47Hz)[4 XM 15's & 2 Taramps Bass 12k's]

BL :  http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/147800-chevyboy95s-4-15s-7krms-wall-1533-db-on-half-power/
YouTube: http://www.youtube.com/hitemwiththeflex/

...I don't believe I ever mentioned anything regarding buying Digital Designs' products, I didn't even know that they made door speakers.

2001 Civic LX Sedan
Pioneer DEH-7500HD

Big 3 in 1/0 Knu CCA
Rockford P500-4
RF Punch P165-S in doors

Next

...I don't believe I ever mentioned anything regarding buying Digital Designs' products, I didn't even know that they made door speakers.

Around here DD means digital designs NOT daily driver... I think that was the confusion.

80prs

Arc Audio Xdi 1200.6 (using active crossovers) Freaking awesome amplifier

Incriminator IA 10.1

Focal PS 130v 5.25 (doors)

4" Faital pro Neo (kick panels) 

3" Faital pro Neo and focal tweets( dash)

DC Audio level 3 12"  custom box designed by joex built by me

AGM front, XS 750SE batteries rear

DC 180 alt

99 Toyota Tacoma extra cab

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/179476-my-small-build-turned-into-the-ongoing-build/

you cant tell performance in anyway from specs. Maybe if you have a full T/S list, but not from the few things sonic gives out.....
So frequency response that cuts off at 70, is that no indication?

Around here DD means digital designs NOT daily driver... I think that was the confusion.
Ah yes, that. My bad.

Would it be fine to have a set of the components up front and a set of the same series, same size & RMS coaxial in the back? Coaxial set is only 35$ compared to the component's 50$.

Yeah you could do that. I was just saying that if you have50 dollars to spend on speakers I think you would be better off buying a 50 set of coaxials.

Archived