S15_Silvia's used car search saga

They specifically want $8511 but I feel there's a little wiggle room since I'd pay cash.

whoa whoa whoa

The value of that car in average condition (May have a few mechanical and/or cosmetic problems and may require a considerable amount of reconditioning)

with 100,000 miles, is $4,000 private party and $5,000 dealer price.

I'm getting $7829 to $8884 price range on KBB from a dealer for this car used at 101,000.

2016 Subaru BRZ | Sony XAV-AX100 | Rockford Fosgate DSM 4080 & DSM 40ix |

On 6/6/2012 at 6:32 PM, 'LZTYBRN' said:

3. Don't put speakers outside the car unless you are the ice cream man.

My feedback thread

Only the TCM/ECM/ABS modules will set a check engine light.

transmission and motor problems will throw a CEL. ABS issues will throw an ABS light. it would be stupid if you had an issue with your brakes and the check engine light came on. most people ignore the CEL anyways, but an ABS light is not as commonly ignored.

These cars use a network type communication system and the different " master " control units will talk to eachother and see what is going on. Each master usually will have "slave" modules that work for it to relay info. So if you take the ABS unit out of the loop ( in 2003 Volvo changed the name from ABS to BCM ), the computer will set multiple warning lights, which inlcude the ABS/Brake/TCS/Check engine light. For example, me and the wife bought a 19909 Volvo V70. The day we bought it, she was driving home and the ABS light came on. Shortly after, the Check engine light and transmission arrow light came on. Tach and speedometer stopped working and the car went into a failsafe mode. See, the ABS control unit was unable to see the speed sensor from the transmission and determined there was a problem. When I scanned the car, I came up with codes stored in the ECM/TCM/ ABS/ and the instrument cluster. Now, maybe from someone who has no expierance with these cars would think that the speed sensor may be bad, but that person would have just spent the money for the part and labor to be wrong. As soon as it happened, I already knew what the problem was with the car and did not have to scan it, but did anyways. Volvo has problems with solder joints in the ABS unit breaking and causing codes to store. People have tried cutting the unit open and repairing themselves. The person who i bought the car off of did the same thing with no luck. But what he did not realize, is that he had grabbed one from a 1998 and not a 99 and they are totally different.

2006 GMC Yukon
Pioneer HU

SHCA ran throughout

Crescendo BC3500

One 18 AA Mayhem in a 4th order

ZED Levithian 6 channel

Rainbow Dual 6.5 comps ran Active
matt142-1-1.jpg
http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/155628-matt14s-yukon-mayhem-in-a-4th-ordernew-amps-and-bats/page-3

They specifically want $8511 but I feel there's a little wiggle room since I'd pay cash.

whoa whoa whoa

The value of that car in average condition (May have a few mechanical and/or cosmetic problems and may require a considerable amount of reconditioning)

with 100,000 miles, is $4,000 private party and $5,000 dealer price.

I'm getting $7829 to $8884 price range on KBB from a dealer for this car used at 101,000.

KBB is on the high side, IIRC. NADA, Edmunds, TrueCar, and maybe a few other sites might be more accurate.

Also it might be marked up to cover whatever they had to spend to fix it to make it sellable.

2016 Ford Focus SE

No build log yet
DC Audio 1.2K
2x DC Audio Level 2 10"

My cousin just got an 07 turbo awd and his had 135k on the dash . Not only is this car expensive but most of the time people don't regularly do maintanance on them since its more expensive. Best thing to do is take it to a couple of mechanics before you commit to buying. Remember your buying cash so as soon as you walk out the door it becomes your problems

Yeah, there's a shit ton going on in this car. Turbo, Brembo brakes, active suspension, Haldex AWD system, 6speed with expensive clutch/flywheel, and other things. I'm going to see just how well this car has been maintained when I go see it tomorrow.

My feedback thread

For anyone still watching:

Couldn't go see the car today. Friend who was gonna drive me had something come up. Gave the dealer a call: car is PA inspected, has new brakes and tires. That's all I know so far. Damn I want to go see this thing. The more I read about the S60 R the better.

My feedback thread

Archived