Kyle wires to like .35 and stays below 1 ohm from 25-55hz lmao

I certainly do not do it for the cool. I in fact HATE IT.

I dream of my other amps coming to wire up.

I see people able to run low, is their enclosure and environment/songs they play LETS THEM play there.

It's not "this or that amp". I had the exact same board as "this guy". He could play at .25.

Me? I couldn't stay running at .5. My plot is thin as balls with very little give. As I see you understand (my impedance curve/plot vids I've shown)

Now I wait for a jerk off to say "your electrical wasn't up to snuff"

Why would a amp have anything to do with it? The first thing you do when run ing the IMsg, is DisCon your amp.

Edit. I will say sting gear will come into play with the TIME played at your lowest playable impedance. As well as thermal capacity. This is where your gear and elec will shine. But most times, you low impedance protect or thermal f(from built up heat) quickly. As I do wired here.

clamped 11k @ .33 rising to .7

not so much @ 1.33 box rise was retarded

Saying this, is error.

Most amps with ANY sort of protection, will protect at and AROUND .6-.8 reactive..

You sound more and more lost.....

.35 for life

But I suspect my enclosure let's me wire that low

its not the amp that makes up your reactive load.....

it does help you play longer, or at all.

Lets say your amp lets you play into .7ish reactive, or around there. (you can only GO UP from nominal,.... not down ever)

You will pop, or blow something else. Hell hiaving MORE electrical HERE will HURT you, as the (this style of amp) amp will MORE look for a low voltage, but skips over the reactive load.

This is when the AMP will play, but, will lose internal.

Normally power output, bundle, ... fhet, the like...

(i dont get the, "as long as you have electrical" shit most of the time either, .. a decent amp should protect when it smells low voltage)

Edit - low impedance, dc short, and thermal for that matter.

People seem to think THESE boards are weak...lol.... boggles my mind.

double edit - OR you rise WELL over through out your playable band. Its YOUR enviroment, vs mine, or his, and his.

You know Bowman lost a sub once, because just before competing, some one jumped inside his box as he was demoing?

He has his shit SOOOoooo tight, that the volume ate up, (with that body in his ported section) tossed his drivers nuts, and he blew one, and lost a cap on another.

Impedance changed as will power, throw, output..........

Its getting nutty dude. People are getting full retard.

SO saying. CAN I WIRE HERE.... lol........ and a answer of "if you have electrical" is just fucking silly.

I'm going to try to stay out of threads like this. So much musunderstanding going on in 99% of them.

Bottom line: Don't wire your shit low if you don't know what your doing.

Yes- you can gain xxx.xx db from doing so BUT you're taking a risk. Efficiency drops to crap. Equipment gets hot etc etc.

I personally will never run a korean board at 1 ohm unless I have little to no rise at a certain amount of frequencies.

Kyle- sorry for jumping on your shit man. Keep doing your thing. Hope you're still liking those 3800s as much as I am. Actually looking for a second ;)

2007 M/T Honda Civic Coupe EX

(4) Sundown Audio X-8's

(2) Ampere Audio 3800.1's

(3) Stinger SPV-44 Batteries

(1) Mechman 240

3:1 Ratio 4th order sealed from the trunk

TEAM NWSPL

Best termlab scores to date in Honda trunk:
151.7db legal (official) IASCA trunk 3 class

Best termlab scores to date in my walled Subie:
152.9db legal (unofficial) IASCA advanced 2 class
155db outlaw

• 4 weeks later...

I'm going to try to stay out of threads like this. So much musunderstanding going on in 99% of them.

Bottom line: Don't wire your shit low if you don't know what your doing.

Yes- you can gain xxx.xx db from doing so BUT you're taking a risk. Efficiency drops to crap. Equipment gets hot etc etc.

I personally will never run a korean board at 1 ohm unless I have little to no rise at a certain amount of frequencies.

Kyle- sorry for jumping on your shit man. Keep doing your thing. Hope you're still liking those 3800s as much as I am. Actually looking for a second ;)

I'm going to 1 up that and say if you can't afford a second amp to run at safe impedance you definitely can't afford to blow up the amp you have. The ONLY good reason to run low impedance is for SPL competition when space or amp limits is an issue, and any way you slice it it's a lot of risk for little reward.

Archived