Stock 150 Amp Alt...Max I can run?

I have a 2007 Tundra with a 150 amp alternator. I currently have a duralast gold battery (1.5 yrs old) under the hood and no rear battery. My system currently is an Alpine PDX100.4 and a Hifonics 2200.1d both running off a 0 gauge wire to distribution block and with a 250 amp fuse on the wire. Never blown the fuse. When bumping hard I do see slight voltage drop on the dash and minor dimming of my lights but when I've measured it I haven't seen it drop below 13v. I'd be down to buy 2 better batteries and try to get into the 3500 watt range of amps (thinking about a SoundQubed 3500) but want to know if I'd have to have a HO alternator? I know 150 isn't big at all but it's a good bit better than typical 100 you see on a lot of cars I think. With maybe 2 Sears Diehard Platinum would I able to properly power it a 1ohm (not interested in trying .5)? Thanks guys, no one I know has really pushed past 1500 watts besides me so this is kinda unknown territory. Thanks

I have a 2007 Tundra with a 150 amp alternator. I currently have a duralast gold battery (1.5 yrs old) under the hood and no rear battery. My system currently is an Alpine PDX100.4 and a Hifonics 2200.1d both running off a 0 gauge wire to distribution block and with a 250 amp fuse on the wire. Never blown the fuse. When bumping hard I do see slight voltage drop on the dash and minor dimming of my lights but when I've measured it I haven't seen it drop below 13v. I'd be down to buy 2 better batteries and try to get into the 3500 watt range of amps (thinking about a SoundQubed 3500) but want to know if I'd have to have a HO alternator? I know 150 isn't big at all but it's a good bit better than typical 100 you see on a lot of cars I think. With maybe 2 Sears Diehard Platinum would I able to properly power it a 1ohm (not interested in trying .5)? Thanks guys, no one I know has really pushed past 1500 watts besides me so this is kinda unknown territory. Thanks

get a good battery under your hood..and 2 extra batteries in the rear ..2 group 31 batts ..and as far as alt for the 3500 soundqued yes u will need it to keep ur voltage up ..sure u can play in on a stock but the amount of current that amp pulls, ur stock alt wont be able to keep up.. u could run it at .5 AFTER u get u high output alt..i wouldnt suggest .5 to anyone but if u do run it at .5 get an alt man and 2 group 31 batts

2004 Chevy Trailblazer LT

Walled- 10.5 cubes net tuned 33Hz

2-15 inch AA Team subs D2

Americanbass- 750.1

1 yellowtop under the hood , 4 c&d 88ah batteries in rear

mechman-270

pioneer headunit-4200UB

4 soundqubed supertweeters

phoenix gold 2 channel

back up camera

stinger volt meter

22 years old and still have alot to learn..lets get it

i wouldnt run over 2500 rms with stock electrical

2004 Chevy Trailblazer LT

Walled- 10.5 cubes net tuned 33Hz

2-15 inch AA Team subs D2

Americanbass- 750.1

1 yellowtop under the hood , 4 c&d 88ah batteries in rear

mechman-270

pioneer headunit-4200UB

4 soundqubed supertweeters

phoenix gold 2 channel

back up camera

stinger volt meter

22 years old and still have alot to learn..lets get it

aq 3500 is a 4300w board. you'll be pulling twice the current that your current alt can produce. plus taking into account lets say half of the alt keeps the car and accessories running, then thats 70 amps of free output for 300 amps of draw.

I can play one song at idle on my stock alt and drop down to 11.9v with a minute. My stock alternator is 100A and I have 138ah of batteries as well. (d925 and d3100)

'01 Dodge Stratass Sealed Trunk Build Log
2008 Honda Fit Sport Build Log

On 10/3/2013 at 10:00 AM, ROLEXrifleman said:

Anyone who says they knew everything they wanted out of life at 19 can go suck a bag of dicks cause they are lying to themselves or brought up in a cult.

IF you run your equipment full tilt for extended amounts of time you will see voltage drop even from XS batteries on a stock alternator. Plus Kranny is right you will be spending a lot of time with your batteries on the charger

Big 3 and upgrade your alt. Start saving for a better stock battery then for a good second battery. At least with the upgraded alt and the battery you have now you can get better use with what you have. After upgrading your under hood batt to a good agm you should be good to use the 3500. Could get voltage into the high 11s low 12s. Maybe not though. Once you get a second batt you should be set.

that amp pulls what ? 175-225 on music? Look at a 250+ amp alt.

if watching voltage closely you can upgrade to the bigger amp but if voltage drop is to much then you can just keep the volume down. Don't trust stock colt gauges on the dash they don't tell you voltage drop at the amp and that's where it matters.

t1500bdcp

2 t2d4 15"

1 t600.4

1 t400.2

1 set p1 tweets

singer alt, tons of wiring, smd vm-1, 80prs, back seat delete, still in the works, aiming for a 145-147 with the ability to play 25hz up to 50hz.

Archived