rsfm089 Posted April 2, 2014 Report Posted April 2, 2014 What is the sound difference between two tens compared to one fifteen. Wanted to put two tweleves in but dont have space so its either one fifteen or two tens.
timc31610 Posted April 3, 2014 Report Posted April 3, 2014 More cone area for the two tens, the big question is what amp will you use and what is it going in? My Build Log 94 Civic http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/188644-94-civic-4-door-build-loq-suggestions-wanted-will-be-super-slow-mo/ Faceebook reluctantly
rsfm089 Posted April 3, 2014 Author Report Posted April 3, 2014 I really think after all the reading and listening I would like to go aq3500 I would like to be around 4k one all said and done. Plus for me its the best bang for buck deal.
rsfm089 Posted April 3, 2014 Author Report Posted April 3, 2014 I really think after all the reading and listening I would like to go aq3500 I would like to be around 4k one all said and done. Plus for me its the best bang for buck deal. Honda civic ex I have a ported 4 cubic foot box in the trunk now and it takes up the whole trunk so have to go smaller.
DylanBunch Posted April 3, 2014 Report Posted April 3, 2014 1 15 has more cone area than 2 10 2006 Ford Explorer 2 Team AA/Sundown 15s 6th order Ct Sounds 7k 4 PRV Mr500 8s Rockford p1000-2 Team Subsonic Lows
rsfm089 Posted April 3, 2014 Author Report Posted April 3, 2014 So I take it more cone area means louder. I should of also asked what whitch sub will pick up lows better but still sound good up to 50hz.
CleanSierra Posted April 3, 2014 Report Posted April 3, 2014 1 15" sub is 176" of cone area. 2 10s is 157". Honestly, there is a lot more to it than just saying what is louder(which that type of thread is not allowed if rules were read). DISPLACEMENT is the major key in trying to figure out which is potentially louder. You have to figure out displacement of the 2 10s, vs.the displacement of the single 15" sub. Choose whichever you have the proper about of space for. I personally would choose a couple of stout 10S that would handle 1500W each. Edit-I got ninja'd Im not the one you want to try to troll. Just a fyi for you.
CleanSierra Posted April 3, 2014 Report Posted April 3, 2014 Cone area is not the only determining factor, if you don't fully read my response, read this: DISPLACEMENT is what matters more, not purely cone area. Im not the one you want to try to troll. Just a fyi for you.
timc31610 Posted April 3, 2014 Report Posted April 3, 2014 One 15" = 176.71 Two 10" = 157.08 1 15 has more cone area than 2 10 You guys are definitely right! I forgot my formulas...lol. Long day at work! My Build Log 94 Civic http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/188644-94-civic-4-door-build-loq-suggestions-wanted-will-be-super-slow-mo/ Faceebook reluctantly
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.