Second Skin Audio

what wood to use?

walwalka

Its kind of all summed up, I'm just tired of using MDF and want to change it up a put. I'm not looking to save the weight I'm looking to offset it. I only need one sheet and don't care about the price. As I know where I'm at with my current weight and no body can sit in the back seat because we bottom out a lot. I don't want to add excess if I know I can offset it.

2010 Honda Civic LX / Deck: Kenwood DDX371 / Front Highs: Crescendo RTS-1 / Front Mids: Silver Flute 6.5's / 4 channel: DC Audio 90.4 / Sub: Fi 15in SP4v2 / Sub amp: Taramps HD 5000 / Power wire: Knukonceptz OFC 1/0 / Deadener: Audio Technix 60 mil / Batteries: XS Power D5100R / Rear bank: TBD / Alternator: Singer 240a hairpin

3/4 in Baltic birch is 75lbs per sheet in BB grade. 3/4in MDF is 96lbs, this is based on the research I did. I called a high end lumber yard about an hour from me and asked.

yes, but you are only using a sheet, maybe sheet and a half.

Real baltic 13ply brich is like 80 to 100 a sheet, MDF is 30 - 35.....

29408240963_9908a51930_o.png
Best Score to Date : 160.5 dB Outlaw (47Hz)[4 XM 15's & 2 Taramps Bass 12k's]

BL :  http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/147800-chevyboy95s-4-15s-7krms-wall-1533-db-on-half-power/
YouTube: http://www.youtube.com/hitemwiththeflex/

Its kind of all summed up, I'm just tired of using MDF and want to change it up a put. I'm not looking to save the weight I'm looking to offset it. I only need one sheet and don't care about the price. As I know where I'm at with my current weight and no body can sit in the back seat because we bottom out a lot. I don't want to add excess if I know I can offset it.

You are using ONE SHEET???

lol..

fuck..

I hope my wall inside my blazer doesnt get rained on....

lol...

Haha. you know what I mean. Shit. MDF needs to have a top coat for added protection imo. You never know if you forget to close a window for a few hours or a seal goes in someones trunk. Or woofers condensating ;) lol

You want to know how to offset it.... do like every other car audio guy.... upgrade your suspension....

BL :  http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/147800-chevyboy95s-4-15s-7krms-wall-1533-db-on-half-power/

I hope my wall inside my blazer doesnt get rained on....

lol...

Haha. you know what I mean. Shit. MDF needs to have a top coat for added protection imo. You never know if you forget to close a window for a few hours or a seal goes in someones trunk. Or woofers condensating ;) lol

MDF can take more moisture than people think. I have left boxes out in the rain a few times, takes a LOT more than you think to get them to show signs. People act as if you spit in the wrong direction your box will swell up and split.

I don't care about price. I just don't want to go up any in weight, the plus its easier to work with IMO.

My question is about the marine grade plywood. Is it good or no?

2010 Honda Civic LX / Deck: Kenwood DDX371 / Front Highs: Crescendo RTS-1 / Front Mids: Silver Flute 6.5's / 4 channel: DC Audio 90.4 / Sub: Fi 15in SP4v2 / Sub amp: Taramps HD 5000 / Power wire: Knukonceptz OFC 1/0 / Deadener: Audio Technix 60 mil / Batteries: XS Power D5100R / Rear bank: TBD / Alternator: Singer 240a hairpin

You want to know how to offset it.... do like every other car audio guy.... upgrade your suspension....

He speaks the truth ^^^

Helper springs, add a leafs or air ride. Then you go from that to tires. My tires are like driving on inflatable donuts LOL

I still have bumper to bumper warranty for 30k more miles... I'm not changing that yet, I will in the future though.

Archived