Sundown Audio

I just went from a Hifonics BRX 2400 to a SAZ 3500D V2 Sundown amp.

Problem is, it sounds identical to the hifonics amp. I don't hear any difference from what I can tell. Its rather dissapointing since the hifonics was around $350 and the Sundown was almost $1,000.

I'm running my subs at 2ohms because they are both Dual 4 ohms.

Though the box I have isn't big or spacious for these subs at, I would have thought there would have been some difference in the quality at that.

On another note, I'm getting a constant "humming noise" through my subs even with the volume all the way down. I think its my rca cables and not the amp because I switched between amps and it was doing it on the hifonics as well.

Just seemed to crap out between the switch which is odd, since i was bumping an 1hr before the switch.

Maybe there is some mixed wiring somewhere, I'm not sure tbh.

Thanks

I'm amazed you don't hear a difference, how did you set the gains? What's your electrical like? Btw two D4's wire to one ohm or 4 so you can't be wired to two ohm unless that was a typo. Also did you "hot swap" RCA's as in having power/head unit on while switching amps?

Edit: a nice custom and efficient box will make a world of difference, I'd highly recommend one even if you gotta pay someone to design and/or build it!

Edited by Dan2427

2003 GMC Yukon Denali

Alpine CDA 117

Redoing Mids/Highs

4 Runs of 1/0 Knukonceptz 2+, 2-

4 Deka 9A31's in back (Stock underhood) 250 amp Alt.

AQ20K

2 18" Crossfire XS V.2's 12 cubes 33hz 149sq inches of port!

might be wired at 4 ohms.. no way in hell with a brz sound like a soundown.. not even compares to a bc2200

either youre at 4 ohms and your box is a prefab

I had everything off and I even took out the fuse between the amp and batteries. After some research it looks like it might be my ground causing it. Its also a kenwood HU if that helps.

I was told when I bought them that they can only be wired down to 2ohm and I thought thats what ive been running them at.

I am using a prefab box, but already have a custom built box being built for me by DaveTheBoxGuy. Which will be here next month

I am on stock alt when I plan on upgrading to a 350 very soon.

Maybe I did wire my subs wrong. But how do I wire them in parallel to each other when there is a splice in the box that seperates them.

They can only be wired to 2 ohms individually... so one speaker + to + to amp and - to - to amp..but with two 4ohm subs you can wire them in parallel to make 1 ohm.. wire from + to + on one sub then connect that to the next subs + and to its other positive then from there to the amp. Same with negative it would reach 1 ohm...and you need to set gains properly with an oscope or dd1 you should be getting louder..if not you have a problem with your power or ground..either connections arent tight enough, gnd isnt connected to bare metal surface and bolted down ..or bad battery or bad alternator..you should have an h/o alt for that many watts tho

You need trunk space to get groceries and shit...bitches love groceries

I see you say theres a wall in the box that separates them..ok..wired in parallel doesnt have tk be done exactly how diagrams show it..you can wire eeah sub +to+ to the boxes terminal and same for negative and either run wire out side the v

Box from one terminals positive to the other terminals positive then one wire from there to the amp..and same for the negative..or you can run the positives and negative from both terminals to the same channel on the amp..both these ways would result in a 1 ohm load

You need trunk space to get groceries and shit...bitches love groceries

its gotta be wired at 4ohms and its gotta be the wrong box for those x's... a sundown 3500 and those subs should be night and day to your last set up.

My old YouTube channel : http://www.youtube.com/user/SwordLords1234?feature=mhee

My old build log : http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/161872-96-accord-b2-sundown-sky-high-dc-power-re-re-build-for-heatwave/page-37

My New Build - http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/207041-2016-mazda-6-sql-build/

2016 Mazda 6 Touring

JL Fix 86 - OEM signal correction

B2 prototype DSP 6to8

B2 Ref63 - 3 way active set

2 B2 Class H quattro's

1 B2 Zero.5R @.5

2 B2 HNv3 12 d2

B2 SLIP40 - Lithium in the trunk

Northstar Group 35 under the hood

100ft 2/0 welding cable

30ft 4ga welding cable

20ft 8ga welding cable

All stinger OFC speaker wire

Soundrive custom RCA's

Tons of attention to detail.... Can it be perfect?