Second Skin Audio

Pb 2xl 15's

I bought 2 Powerbass 2XL 15's last week. The little booklet that came with them recommended not applying more than 1/3 power to them for the first 40 hrs of use.

Is this a common break-in period? I have not heard of this "1/3 power" rule before. At $200 ea. it raises the big question..WTF??

On the 1200d, they sound sweet. I try not to turn up the volume..but there is so much more bass than I was getting out of 2 12's...I slipped the hu up to 45 once and shit started

to vibrate all over my dash and my suburban has more rattles than I knew could possibly exist.( Time for fat mat, lol)

Sounds like the break-in period.

2015 Honda Civic LX 4dr | 24k miles

Stock H/U and mids/highs

Power Acoustik GW3-12" D2 Sub

HiFonics BXX1200.1D @ 1ohm

Random 2.5^3' dual ported box

NVX LOC

Stinger wiring throughout 

1977 Chevy SWB

Cammed 350

Dual exhaust

Cheap Wish stereo

Most subs don't need a break in period but some do I guess.... the spider will "break in" over time anyway

Head Unit: Pioneer DEH-P6000UB

Sub Amp:American Bass VFL 500.1

Subs: 4 Fi BL 18's

Enclosure:21.5 Cubic foot flat wall tuned to 40 hz

Batteries: 3 Kinetik 2400's in the back, Kinetik 1200 under hood.

Mids & Highs: 4 Kicker DS 6.5 coax in doors, 2 Kicker DS coax in pillars

Highs Amp: Kicker kx250.2, kx100.2

Wire: 4 Runs 1/0 gauge Knukonceptz

it does help the sub as far as longevity goes, also the polk sr series also say 40 hours too, its almost too long to wait for a basshead though.

dc lvl 4xl 12

kicker zx1500

2 sets of kicker ds6.5s

optima yellow top (extra batt) with big 3

1/0 guage and 3 150amp anls

eclipse cd5000 headunit

it does help the sub as far as longevity goes, also the polk sr series also say 40 hours too, its almost too long to wait for a basshead though.

Thanks..I guess that's what I wanted to see.

Anyone here using or know anything about the Powerbass 2xl 15? Mine are rated for 1000w peak and the local dealer I bought them from claims the pair can handle 3000w.

that dealers pulling your leg, and that whole break in crap of 1/3 the power, eh i dont think so. never have never will.

Thanks, I was wondering what others around thought about that break-in stuff. I take it you have been around powerbass? I actually paid the pb dealer upfront for a box to be built for 4 memphis twelves. after a week of being put on the back burner, he saw me eying the pb 15's.. (they are handsome devils, I had my mind set on a future higher power 3000w+ sub system) We talked it up and I ended up swapping 4 pr 12's and the box money ($250) for the pb's.

Yall flame me if i need it. I bought em 5 days ago, installed em , listened to em for 30 minutes and been at work since.