Second Skin Audio

Who should i pick?

No point in paying when there are numerous people here that would be glad to help out. Just post your max dimensions, vehicle, subs, amp your type of music and what your goal is. From what I have seen the ones you get here will accomplish the same thing as the paid plans.

No point in paying when there are numerous people here that would be glad to help out. Just post your max dimensions, vehicle, subs, amp your type of music and what your goal is. From what I have seen the ones you get here will accomplish the same thing as the paid plans.

Yep. Or have fun designing it yourself and then post up here for feedback.

I have seen several paid designs that were WAY off. Need to learn how to at least check the design yourself.

Simple volume calculations and Internet port length calculators. Takes 5 minutes to check one after you have done a few.

Current system:

1997 Blazer - (4) Customer Fi NEO subs with (8) American Bass Elite 2800.1s

Previous systems:

2000 Suburban - (4) BTL 15's and (4) IA 40.1's = 157.7 dB at 37 Hz.

1992 Astro Van - (6) BTL 15's and (6) IA 40.1's = 159.7 dB at 43 Hz.

ok well the max lengths are in inches: 14.5" from top to bottom. 34" from side to side. 22.75" from front to back. its going in a 99 Saturn sl2 and i mainly listen to rap. And i would like the box to be for listening purposes not metering. the subs are AudioQue sdc2.5 12(the box i want is for two 12's) and the amp is a RF t1000-1bdcp pushing about 1000-1200 watts. if you need anymore info let me know.

AQ - SQ For Life

2.4 cubes per sub tuned at 34hz. I don't have a way to really show you what it looks like but it is a basic box with the port in the center. Visible port will be almost 4 inches wide because it is a shared port. I was assuming that you can fit these dimensions through your trunk opening or back seat. Before building I would suggest taking a bit of cardboard and duct tape and making a box of the same outside measurements, and test fitting. If you can not fit this through the trunk it will need to be changed to be able to build it in the trunk. Here is the cut list. This should get down and dirty for ya. you will need to use some of the falloff to make 8 triangles that are 3 inches wide by 3 inches tall and have a right angle or L to use as braces inside the box.

sdc25.png

They really only make a difference in the corners of a port that changes direction.

Current system:

1997 Blazer - (4) Customer Fi NEO subs with (8) American Bass Elite 2800.1s

Previous systems:

2000 Suburban - (4) BTL 15's and (4) IA 40.1's = 157.7 dB at 37 Hz.

1992 Astro Van - (6) BTL 15's and (6) IA 40.1's = 159.7 dB at 43 Hz.

Archived