Sonic Electronix

1994 Chevy silverado 1500 regular cab audio help

You should have room for 2 10s ported with Aero ports firing at the passenger side B-pillar.

How much are you looking to spend? I've designed a box or two for regular cabs ;)

As far as amp suggestions, it really depends on budget and what you want to run for subs. Cross out the idea of "2 8s and a 10" that doesn't work out well, I assure you. Just stick with two of the same sized subs and you'll be good to go. How much leg room are you willing to sacrifice?

Go take a tape measure and get the width(should be near 60") height, and top depth and bottom depth, article since the seats angle it will be a wedge shaped box.

I could probably guess about what you're dimensions are, but different trim level trucks had different interiors. A folding center console leaves a bit less room usually. A truck with true bucket seats have a little more wiggle room.

why wouldnt you want to do 2 different sizes?

why wouldnt you want to do 2 different sizes?

cancellation ... Trust me, nothing good can come from it.

Maybe in Trisoberic designs (which would never work in your application) ... but not sealed / ported and tuned.

Kenwood / HELIX / Linear Power (For The Love Of Music) / Brutal Sounds / OverKill Electric Co 

Questions About Sound Quality ?? Try Here ... Sound Quality, What does it REALLY mean ?? 

SMD SOTM Winner "White Lightning" 1997 GMT400 Chevy Silverado   

"The Green Dickle" 1994 GMT400 Chevy "Phantom Dually"   

Randal's 2007 Chevy Avalanche (we haven't named this one yet)

Dylan's "Brutal" 17 Chevy Cruze RS Hatch                         

I had no problems with my Black 91 Chevy having a pair of 10s in a sealed enclosure behind the seat ...

Just built one for my Son's 88 Ford truck the other day ...

image_url-43297-1396834517_thumb.jpgimage_url-43297-1396834553_thumb.jpg

Could you give me the dimensions of this and what subs you are using? and could this be modified for 2 12''s?

Yes I can, But I'm at work at the moment. I will post them tomorrow.

Now having a 91 GMT400 single cab in the past, I'm not sure you would be happy with a pair of 12s behind the seat.

10's just have more room to breathe in applications like this ...

EDIT: the Subs are Blues Car Audio.

Kenwood / HELIX / Linear Power (For The Love Of Music) / Brutal Sounds / OverKill Electric Co 

Questions About Sound Quality ?? Try Here ... Sound Quality, What does it REALLY mean ?? 

Yes I can, But I'm at work at the moment. I will post them tomorrow.

Now having a 91 GMT400 single cab in the past, I'm not sure you would be happy with a pair of 12s behind the seat.

10's just have more room to breathe in applications like this ...

EDIT: the Subs are Blues Car Audio.

Ok thank you very much.I am new to all of this and just want a good system.Im kinda a show off so when I pull into school i want my classmates to turn there head and say dang.Im also having a problem with my front speakers.they are good but when put in the original location i get a bunch of distortion. i havent replaced the original head unit yet and i think it might be it but im not sure,i hope its not the speakers.they are only a month old.

Go check out http://www.gmt400.com/forum/forum.php Alot of good info on these trucks !!!

What kind of budget are you working with?

Here's my dimensions for a slightly underpowered Fi SSD 10 on a Kicker ZX750.1 in a 96 regular cab...

boxfinal1_zpsea170c12.png

Was a PERFECT fit from the passenger seat belt bracket thingy to the driver seat that reclines(60/40 with center console)

Gave plenty of room for an amp rack, was in the works but never happened.

IMG_20130202_181626_157_zps2957cd28.jpg

IMG_20130202_181605_388_zps76076c93.jpg

I was damn sure proud of that setup. Played down to 26hz with a TON of authority and could pound away double kick drums right up in your chest.

If I was going to do it again though, I'd run right power to it starting off, and shrink the box down quite a bit. 1.1 cubes with 1200w would be just about perfect on that setup. With shorter ports, tuned to 36 or 38 hz. I could probably have played below 25hz if I wanted to, but that was the subsonic on my amp lol

On 1/4/2013 at 9:31 PM, HatersGonnaHate said:

Wow. 184 posts and I think you're a fucking asshole.

Soundqubed Hds line or sundown SA line will be nice for that truck IMO.

2012 Chevy sonic1xSQ HDC3 12 D2RF R1200d

140 square foot of Q-Mat(soon to be installed)

140.2Db sealed on the dash with TL

142 DB sealed on the dash with another meter (was dead on with the TL at a show i was at)

141 on music.

strangeduck,on 02 Jan 2014 - 01:39 AM, said:

when my car spins out i just put the car in neutral, turn in the direction i want to go and pucker my asshole

What kind of budget are you working with?

Here's my dimensions for a slightly underpowered Fi SSD 10 on a Kicker ZX750.1 in a 96 regular cab...

boxfinal1_zpsea170c12.png

Was a PERFECT fit from the passenger seat belt bracket thingy to the driver seat that reclines(60/40 with center console)

Gave plenty of room for an amp rack, was in the works but never happened.

IMG_20130202_181626_157_zps2957cd28.jpg

IMG_20130202_181605_388_zps76076c93.jpg

I was damn sure proud of that setup. Played down to 26hz with a TON of authority and could pound away double kick drums right up in your chest.

If I was going to do it again though, I'd run right power to it starting off, and shrink the box down quite a bit. 1.1 cubes with 1200w would be just about perfect on that setup. With shorter ports, tuned to 36 or 38 hz. I could probably have played below 25hz if I wanted to, but that was the subsonic on my amp lol

What is the big difference betweenported and non ported.and i forgot to mention this earlier.right now i have two pioneer 6.5"s in thier original boxes and they are split into the back speaker wire.yes i know they arent set up right but they are falling apart anyways because they are from the 80's. anyway i like how they sound and they arent ported.can anyone suggest a video showing what a sub would sound like in a ported vs non ported box?

Archived