Total Noob Question - wiring subs to amp

Actually, I am pretty much self-taught a looong time ago, Sir. Though my Grandmother's appreciates the shout-out from their respective graves.

Zeke

'14

2003 Chevy Monte Carlo SS

MONTEside00030001.jpg

Vehicle Details & Mod List: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/garage/vehicle/1703-chevrolet-monte-carlo-ss/

Audio Build Log: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/143276-2003-chevy-monte-carlo-ss-audio-build-ib-build

Pioneer FH-P8000BT

Infinity Kappa Perfect 6.1

Fi IB3 (Two 12", 2-ohm SVC)

RF T400-2 & T500-1bdCP

MechMan S Series 240A

XS Power D3400 & D975

311-vector-logo_zps0d152f73.png sutliffSig_zpsb1df26dd.png

Actually, I am pretty much self-taught a looong time ago, Sir. Though my Grandmother's appreciates the shout-out from their respective graves.

You were "self-taught" a looong time ago to use a keyboard?? That's incredible.

Steering away from your incredible feet of learning to use a keyboard. Lots of the time, "Self-Taught" = Trial and Error. And I am sorry sunshine, but I am not willing to do a trial and error on my large amplifier nor my brand new subwoofers.

Now what was your reason for initially posting on my thread without a single bit of useful (or any) information?

IIRC, this is EXACTLY what forums (CHAT, forums) are for - questions and answers!

GTFO, turd.

F O.

With 630+ posts here, & 32 for you, plus a Build Log for me, etc., I do have somewhat of a leg-up on you. I am certainly no pro, but I do have an intelligence in this field that you do not.

As far as your OP, I reinforced what someone offered to you as an answer to you problem, & you kept going, & going, & going - apparently not understanding about either how to wire your drivers, or that your amplifier would automatically bridge the "channels" - even though it is a mono-block amp - internally if you felt the need to use all four terminals, & not just the POS on one side, & the proper NEG on the other.

You were given how both options worked, & how to wire for both ways, but you still maintained on some "BUY WHY?" "GIVE ME A REASON.", that, yeah, it got old real quick - for many - but you got me who decided to roll my eyes at the nonsense.

Apparently you have the thinnest skin, & are looking to make your bones here as a n()()b - like we all have been - or you are just looking to poke at a snake.

Zeke

'14

MONTEside00030001.jpg

Vehicle Details & Mod List: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/garage/vehicle/1703-chevrolet-monte-carlo-ss/

Audio Build Log: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/143276-2003-chevy-monte-carlo-ss-audio-build-ib-build

Pioneer FH-P8000BT

RF T400-2 & T500-1bdCP

MechMan S Series 240A

XS Power D3400 & D975

Mochas Gracias!!

... & it is "Muchas gracias". How are your typing skills?

Zeke

'14

MONTEside00030001.jpg

Pioneer FH-P8000BT

RF T400-2 & T500-1bdCP

MechMan S Series 240A

XS Power D3400 & D975

Who the hell cares about the number of posts a person has? To boast that you "have" a higher intelligence than another is a move that only the most boorish would do.

To the OP the way you had the picture shown would indeed give you a final DC resistance of 1-ohm.

I would opt to go the route you are questioning, as it allows you to have a larger gauge wire than if only one set of terminals were used.

b_350_20_692108_381007_FFFFFF_000000.png

Krakin's Home Dipole Project

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/186153-krakins-dipole-project-new-reciever-in-rockford-science/#entry2772370

Krakin, are you some sort of mad scientist?

I would have replied earlier, but I was measuring the output of my amp with a yardstick . . .

What you hear is not the air pressure variation in itself

but what has drawn your attention

in the two streams of superimposed air pressure variations at your eardrums

An acoustic event has dimensions of Time, Tone, Loudness and Space

Everyone learns to render the 3-dimensional localization of sound based on the individual shape of their ears,

thus no formula can achieve a definite effect for every listener.

With 630+ posts here, & 32 for you, plus a Build Log for me, etc., I do have somewhat of a leg-up on you. I am certainly no pro, but I do have an intelligence in this field that you do not.

As far as your OP, I reinforced what someone offered to you as an answer to you problem, & you kept going, & going, & going - apparently not understanding about either how to wire your drivers, or that your amplifier would automatically bridge the "channels" - even though it is a mono-block amp - internally if you felt the need to use all four terminals, & not just the POS on one side, & the proper NEG on the other.

You were given how both options worked, & how to wire for both ways, but you still maintained on some "BUY WHY?" "GIVE ME A REASON.", that, yeah, it got old real quick - for many - but you got me who decided to roll my eyes at the nonsense.

Apparently you have the thinnest skin, & are looking to make your bones here as a n()()b - like we all have been - or you are just looking to poke at a snake.

Oh my, EVERYONE quick!, dude has a build log.

Just STFU tons-a-fun!

Your reply, was "Just do it, it'll give you 1 ohm". How the F*** is that an answer???!?!

And you must be able to read with all those posts of yours - I SIMPLY asked if it would make a difference. NOT ASKING HOW TO WIRE MY FLIPPIN SUBS..

I kept going because I did NOT receive a logical answer as to why someone told me to wire that way. A good answer would look like this: "If you wire them this way, it will cause this, therefore it is better to wire them this way." which is what someone ended up doing, i thanked them and moved on.. I do not know how you were taught to learn, but when you were in kindergarten and your teacher simply told you that 2 + 2 = 4, that is EXACTLY what you did in your horribly unhelpful post.

F O.

Who the hell cares about the number of posts a person has? To boast that you "have" a higher intelligence than another is a move that only the most boorish would do.

To the OP the way you had the picture shown would indeed give you a final DC resistance of 1-ohm.

I would opt to go the route you are questioning, as it allows you to have a larger gauge wire than if only one set of terminals were used since you would not

That's a real answer.

Helping me tons. Thanks Krakin.

F O.

Mochas Gracias!!

... & it is "Muchas gracias". How are your typing skills?

oooohhh, you slay me.

Oh, and I am a software engineer, my typing skills are impeccable - when I care - and I do not know Spanish very well obviously. Sure does look like you have been over the border a few times to grab some grande burrito's!

F O.

Archived