If you had to start over, What would you do?

My dad was trying to talk me into firefighter/EMT, that's what he does. I'm not too sure about that though.

CARS

14 Sierra crew cab daily, Small build coming one of these days

69 C-10 fleetside in many pieces, won't be done till the end of time

Last car '12 Focus with build log

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/165619-2012-focus-btl-15-crescendo-sundown-audio-control/

Well that would be you with the entry level position. Youre coming into the game late at close to 30 or so. You have higher cost needs than that kid comjng out kf school. Certs are good certs and no experience dont mean much to be honest. A degree doesnt mean mucb either. While its a great field youll be competing against a lot of younger kids

THERE IS NO BUILD LOG!

1998 Chevy Silverado ext cab

Alpine CDA-9887

4 Team Fi 15s

2 Ampere Audio TFE 8.0

2 Ampere Audio 150.4

3 Digital Designs CS6.5 component sets

Dual Mechman 370XP Elite alternators inbound!

8 XS Power d3400

6 XS power d680

Second Skin

Stinger

Tsunami Wiring

Sky High

A Real Voltmeter not a piece of shit stinger.

That's my biggest fear right now, it's a really shitty time to start over and I can't imagine any scenario where i'm not put in that situation. I just had my second knee surgery, and 10 more years of military might have been doable, but I don't know if my body will allow me to do physically demanding work for a lot longer than that.

CARS

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/165619-2012-focus-btl-15-crescendo-sundown-audio-control/

Personal/Private security.

I've been fucked by all the local police and sheriffs departments for one thing or another. But, I'm working on some high value personal security leads (bodyguard).

I was combat arms and have a criminal justice degree, but many times, military experience helps no matter what. Even the gay fucking Air Force mechanics.

SMD Super Seller

My Feedback Thread

I see how it is. Orion has got to be a dick, lol. I bust my ass for my pay unlike some other AF jobs. And I keep those a-10's in the air in the desert along with the helo's that are always there to help when shit goes wrong. Got lots of respect for those on the ground doin the dirty work. There are a couple jobs that are chock full of talentless fags though, I must admit.

CARS

I have decent computer skills, nothing to brag about but I have no work experience to show. I know I can go to school for it but I'm thinking it will be more beneficial to go for cisco or Microsoft certifications. My mom has a kid working for her with a degree in IT making $10 an hour. That worries me a little.

No. I have Microsoft, Cisco, AND Nortel certifications and they don't do you jack shit. They are easy to get, everyone has them, and employers know it. It is information you need to know so if you don't already take the class but this is not the ticket to employment some people think it is.

IT is hard to get into, but once you do you are golden. You basically have to start out like the guy you described making not shit, and do this for a LONG time. Eventually you get promoted from pissant to bitch. Now you get a little more pay and a lot more work. The work no one else wants to do. If you get EXTREMELY LUCKY you can get a network admin/head position somewhere eventually. Hopefully at a large company with a large network that can pay you well. You do NOT want to get stuck helping the idiots that work at the company for the rest of your life. (helpdesk) You will eventually realize that your sole purpose is to fix their fuckups, and if they would just stop fucking up you would have nothing to do and then blow your brains out in frustration. You actually can get in trouble because of them fucking up so much and it will blow your mind how badly it happens. A former co-worker of mine just got reprimanded at work because someone filed a complaint about him being condescending and rude. It read like this "While helping me reset my password he was being condescending and rude assuming I had all this knowledge of computers I don't and demanding that my password contain uppercase and lowercase letters. He should have said small letters and big letters. I do not understand these technical terms and it was wrong of him to assume I did." It was honestly worse than that, it's just what I can remember. If you don't already know, it is extremley common for passwords to require uppercase and lowercase letters, as well as at least one digit. Getting a network admin position is hard to do because once someone gets into this position its is extremley difficult to get them to leave because everyone (okay most) has the same idea:

Set everything up in a way that not only no one else understands and can manage, but would be extremley costly for the company to re-do even if they did. Now you basically can't be fired/replaced as long as you do your job. I didn't even get to the best part. Most of these guys have remote access/automation set up to EVERYTHING. Thats right, They never have to actually go into work unless something needs to be physically replaced. Oh wait, nevermind, That sounds like work for bitch and pissant. I talked to a guy once who had this setup at TWO companies, and was making 300k a year to sit on his ass at home. He was debating getting a third bullshit job to fight boredom like delivering pizzas or some shit I don't remember. Set for life though for sure. The guy didn't even know how to spend all his money. One of the companies even knew about it and didn't care as long as everything ran as it should.

Extremley high risk/high reward. If you make it to that spot though, damn nice spot to be in! It wasn't worth it for me anymore so I left. My interests changed as well and I care about money a whole lot less. I realized I don't need to work that hard/make that much money to be happy. This is something else you need to consider. Do what makes YOU Happy. That is all that matters in the end. Money doesn't actually mean shit. Get you bills paid, and do what makes you happy. That is the answer. I COULD be a network admin probably even an ear doctor, something that makes a shitload of money. But you know what I am probably going to do instead? Go to culinary school and open up a restaurant in Colorado. It;s beautiful there and that is fun to me, I love cooking. Why not?

EDIT: Don't die with 10 million dollars in the bank and realize on your deathbed you where miserable the whole time.

I am not feeling any better about this situation at all. One way or another, I'm about to be in for one hell of a rough ride. My first attempt is going to be to find another fed job where the years I've put in still count toward something. Of course I'm not happy about it, If they screw me over one time I don't want to give them a chance to do it again. Shit happens I guess.

CARS

If you want to keep turning wrenches you'll need a sign off on your powerplant or airframe certification. I decided to go back to working in aircraft and started A&P school. Had to move from Chicago to Indianapolis to make it work. Been here for about 3 and a half months. You have the experience. I would build on that. There are plenty of jobs that don't require you to be on the flight line. That's a young man's game. There is a GE plant opening up in Lafayette, IN in about a year. Building turbofan engines. Pay starts at 36 bux an hour. The jobs are out there.

2005 Ford Focus zx4

AMT's and Planars

18" Infinite baffle

Archived