OrionStang Posted April 13, 2014 Report Posted April 13, 2014 Got a speeding ticket this morning. I was caught, ill admit it. Three lane road with zero traffic being 7am Sunday, was doing 60 in a 45. However, the motor unit was parked off the road behind a building in a shopping center, the same spot I was turning into anyway LOL. Is it legal for them to be off the road like that? And wouldn't that be considered private property? I am trying to google it with no luck. Also sent my last instructor an email, a defense attorney for over 20 years. Ill post up a shot of google maps to show the location. SMD Super Seller My Feedback Thread
OrionStang Posted April 13, 2014 Author Report Posted April 13, 2014 So, I was NB on Winchester (red arrows), the cop was off the road to the right (blue circle), and the yellow line is the radar LOL. SMD Super Seller My Feedback Thread
hazestorm23 Posted April 13, 2014 Report Posted April 13, 2014 Man they do that here all the time especially behind signs and buildings.
moh.vze.com Posted April 13, 2014 Report Posted April 13, 2014 I know that when cops clock your speed they have to be directly clocking the front of your car or behind your car; they can't shoot the side of your car (park somewhere sneaky and shoot the side of your car as you pass by). As for your situation, I'm not sure if they're allowed to do that but I have seen cops parked inside of a parking lot many times with their radar units on. I know they can't hide behind a buildings though. Entrapment? I don't know. My co-worker is an ex-cop so I could probably ask him. I learn a lot from this guy Just for fun, here's a picture I've taken of those sneaky motorcycle cops (this is how they roll in Oregon): DC Audio - Singer Alternators - Knukonceptz - XS Power - Hybrid Audio - Rockford Fosgate - Second Skin Audio - SMD - Sundown Audio - Elemental Designs
OrionStang Posted April 13, 2014 Author Report Posted April 13, 2014 Its not a huge deal to pay it, I have traffic school to avoid insurance rate increase. But, if he was acting unlawfully, he should be held accountable. He was hiding behind the building and tree with his radar aimed through the tiny gap. SMD Super Seller My Feedback Thread
alaskanzx5 Posted April 13, 2014 Report Posted April 13, 2014 Cops can hide all they want perfectly legal. t1500bdcp 2 t2d4 15" 1 t600.4 1 t400.2 1 set p1 tweets singer alt, tons of wiring, smd vm-1, 80prs, back seat delete, still in the works, aiming for a 145-147 with the ability to play 25hz up to 50hz.
OrionStang Posted April 13, 2014 Author Report Posted April 13, 2014 Cops can hide all they want perfectly legal. What grounds do you base that statement on? SMD Super Seller My Feedback Thread
OrionStang Posted April 13, 2014 Author Report Posted April 13, 2014 I don't get it moh, he's in plain view. SMD Super Seller My Feedback Thread
hazestorm23 Posted April 13, 2014 Report Posted April 13, 2014 Cops can hide all they want perfectly legal. what law or where can I find this info?
OrionStang Posted April 13, 2014 Author Report Posted April 13, 2014 Well shit, according to my Dad, LA County Sheriff for 29 years, they can get away with whatever they want. And "nobody likes motor units, they are fucking little pricks." LMAO Got my answer, can we lock this up? Don't want arguements to start over opinions. SMD Super Seller My Feedback Thread
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.