Second Skin Audio

HDS215 Reviews

OrionStang

Got a buddy who just bought an Accord that has a custom enclosure built into the trunk floor car for two 15's (sealed). He doesn't want massive bass, just some thump to keep up with the mids/highs. I was thinking he should stay in the 1200-1500 rms range for stock electrical. Looking at pricing the SQ HDS215 seems to be a good sub for his needs. LVL2's or SA's are also options, but cost twice as much.

Does anybody here have experience with them? I just bought an HDS10, but the 15's are out of stock. Id like to get firsthand feedback on their performance, for a low power 15.

SMD Super Seller

My Feedback Thread

For the price you can't go wrong with any SQ sub, but the important question is what sub would work best in the enclosure he has? SQ subs like alot of airspace.

Orion email sq to see if there new subs will work well in a sealed box. I know the last time I asked about sealed specs for there subs they told me not to do it. Something about it will ware the spider out faster due to the subs being designed for ported boxes. But I would still check on the new stuff.

2012 Chevy sonic1xSQ HDC3 12 D2RF R1200d

140 square foot of Q-Mat(soon to be installed)

140.2Db sealed on the dash with TL

142 DB sealed on the dash with another meter (was dead on with the TL at a show i was at)

141 on music.

strangeduck,on 02 Jan 2014 - 01:39 AM, said:

when my car spins out i just put the car in neutral, turn in the direction i want to go and pucker my asshole

Be careful of the HDS "stuff". Sending my hds3 12" in for warranty soon. Making one hell of a racket, not sure what it is. Both coils are fine. triple joint appears to be okay. But I'll find out what it is soon enough.

Kinda shitty knowing I had them playing for maybe 3 months and it now has issues. When my sdc2.5s had zero issues whatsoever for over a year in the same exact box, and power. Nothing changed other than woofers.

'01 Dodge Stratass Sealed Trunk Build Log
2008 Honda Fit Sport Build Log

On 10/3/2013 at 10:00 AM, ROLEXrifleman said:

Anyone who says they knew everything they wanted out of life at 19 can go suck a bag of dicks cause they are lying to themselves or brought up in a cult.

My friend has one of these 15's in a honda accord coupe in a ported box that he built. The box is around 4.5 cubes after displacement turned somewhere in the low 30's. He has a 6 inch aero I believe but I could be wrong. He upgraded from 2 kicker comp 12's so idk how much this counts but he said the 15 blows the kickers out of the water. He told me that the bass not only hits harder, but sounds way better almost as if the HDS15 is less sloppy is what I'm trying to say..

THE ANTHRACITE DYC CRUISER

-Fully dipped anthracite grey pt cruiser

-4 skar vvx 12's (version 1)

-Mechman 240 amp alt -Big three in Cadence 1/0

-1 deka intimidator g31 blacktop under the hood

-1 C&D 140ah Batt & 1 C&D 55ah batt in the rear

-Re audio/soundstream mids and highs

-Hifonics Zues 600.4

-DC Audio 3.5k

I was actually thinking about two HDS315's for a sealed off trunk box in my '01 civic. Pretty much just have some budget 15's in there till I can afford that hefty price tag for electrical + amp + two Sundown X-15's

2001 Civic LX Sedan
Pioneer DEH-7500HD

Big 3 in 1/0 Knu CCA
Rockford P500-4
RF Punch P165-S in doors
RF Punch P165 in rear deck
Front doors deadened with Damplifier

Next
SQ's new HDS208 8" in a T-line whenever it FINALLY COMES OUT I CAN FINALLY AFFORD IT
:dammit:

Bend over and I'll show ya.

how is it 2 days work? half a day at most, i may be an idiot, but im not an idiot.

Archived