fi q for sq system

mrsmatthew

PHD has some sq subs.

Yes Sir, Yes they do ...

If you guve it the 1k its going to have a little more ass than a typical full blown sq install.

She's running the Zapco 6 channel amplifier. I'm assuming she will be using channels 5 and 6 for the subs.

I'm looking up the info on that amplifier now and trying to figure out the output of those channels bridged and what ohm loads it needs for stable operation.

Kenwood / HELIX / Linear Power (For The Love Of Music) / Brutal Sounds / OverKill Electric Co 

Questions About Sound Quality ?? Try Here ... Sound Quality, What does it REALLY mean ?? 

SMD SOTM Winner "White Lightning" 1997 GMT400 Chevy Silverado   

"The Green Dickle" 1994 GMT400 Chevy "Phantom Dually"   

Randal's 2007 Chevy Avalanche (we haven't named this one yet)

Dylan's "Brutal" 17 Chevy Cruze RS Hatch                         

Nothing wrong with a full blown sq system with that extra bump when you want it ;) I say go with the q

'93 Firebird Formula V8

H/U- Kenwood eXcelon KDC-X395

Mids/Highs Amp- Hifonics ZXI80.4

Wiring-KNU RCA's, Speaker Wire, And Two Runs Of Trystar 1/0

G34 Red Top and a 180amp Ford Alternator

www.youtube.com/TRTC360

I don't honestly see why you couldn't use a Q besides it's power requirements, and just because no one else is running them in sq competetions or even if no one else was running them at all isn't really a good enough reason not to use one, I love ya cablguy but I have to disagree with you here :) LIke it has been said a million times it's all about the install and what you do with it. You guys all the time run stuff from small obscure companies that I have never heard of and you seem to be happy with it. Hell I wanted to run the speakers you have Cablguy but I couldn't find anyone to sell them to me until it was too late! it is super easy to tune a Q for flat response, which you can then adjust for your cabin. If your doing a crazy serious SQ install it could even be reserved for that crazy low stuff because it's damn good at that. Drivers everywhere!

As a side note, if you google the Fi Q being used in home setups you will see it being used in some pretty high end home sq installs. (No one really says that for home audio, but you know what I mean) Those guys don't fuck around and wouldn't be using it if it wan't a great driver. Here is just the first one I found:

http://www.hometheatershack.com/forums/home-theater-gallery/19419-cedar-creek-cinema.html

Yeah. Watch some Terminator 2 on that bitch!

I spent months and months and months and months researching the Q before I bought it. I read virtually every thread on every car audio forum I could find even mentioning it. I wish I was exaggerating but I am not. This sub was all I would think about or talk about for a quite awhile. My wife was getting really pissed off. Many many hours. Not just that but talking to individuals by pm/email. I even emailed the guys at Fi a few times. Modeling it in WinISD, commiting all this info to memory, etc. I don't just drop that kind of money without making an informed decision. Especially on a single driver. There are no real issues with this sub. That doesn't mean every other sub isn't as good or anything like that but I do not think you will disappointed. There is NOTHING that this sub doesn't play well. The ONLY time I have wanted more is when I get one of those wild hairs up my ass where I just want to be as loud as possible with no reguard to sound quality but that isn't what I built my system for and honestly I can get plenty loud if I want to it's just the "there is always more" type thing. In terms of what it sounds like and how it plays all of my music it is perfect, and I listen to a crazy variety of music. I don't know how to properly express myself for the next point but the analog stuff sounds just as great as the digital stuff and thats huge espcially for a sq install. I can tell when someone is using a Digital or Analog synthesizer and this sub makes it even more obvious to me. It sounds like an instrument instead of a bass tube. Bass guitars are great. Everything is great. Everyone who gets in my car says they have never heard anything like it. Now, These are not people like the people on this forum, but still. They tell me that what they just heard was better than any sound system they have ever heard OR any live event they have ever been to. That means a lot, even if they don't fully understand why that is or what is going on to make that happen.

If anything use it as a benchmark, compare other subs to it, and try and figure out if it is best for YOUR application, what weaknesses it may have, what you are trying to do with it, etc. I can tell you right now that if you are porting it you are probably going to want to tune to 28hz or lower because as you go higher you start getting a bump in response around 45hz and it is pretty damn flat at 28hz. See what your cabin gain is like and how that lines up. If I had to do anything differently I would have skipped the spider upgrade because you lose a bit of efficiency that way.

Don't be pressured into it, but at least consider it. It is a truely great subwoofer.

I don't honestly see why you couldn't use a Q besides it's power requirements, and just because no one else is running them in sq competetions or even if no one else was running them at all isn't really a good enough reason not to use one, I love ya cablguy but I have to disagree with you here :) LIke it has been said a million times it's all about the install and what you do with it. You guys all the time run stuff from small obscure companies that I have never heard of and you seem to be happy with it. Hell I wanted to run the speakers you have Cablguy but I couldn't find anyone to sell them to me until it was too late! it is super easy to tune a Q for flat response, which you can then adjust for your cabin. If your doing a crazy serious SQ install it could even be reserved for that crazy low stuff because it's damn good at that. Drivers everywhere!

Brother Please ... I never said anything is wrong with a Fi Sub. I've already posted this !!!

Have you seen the equipment list that that the op has already posted in this thread ?? and with strong responses too ...

I still think that something fishy is going on here ... Which is why I have not posted my thoughts on any driver she has listed so far ...

All we know (basically from what we read) is that her husband is a basshead, but with those suggestions on high end equipment, I'm not so shure what is going on here ...

So I will ask you this ... I know that the Fi sub sounds great, but how well do you think it will fair against the Hybrid driver, or the Linear Power Isoberic 10 (in a 12" driver enclosure cabinet) in a sub driver time aligned Sound Quality competition vehicle on a RTA ???

SMD, Please understand ... I'm not going to argue with anyone here. I simply make suggestions on the Sound Quality realm based on what I've leaned in competition and from demoing several Sound Quality vehicles all over the US.

Cablguy can you give me your opinion on the arc12?

This is my suggestion

If you want the best to go with what you have in your Sound Quality setup , this in my opinion is one of the best subwoofer "SOUND QUALITY" setups in the business ...

the Linear Power ISO-Kit 10 subwoofer setup !!!

This is what I run in my Sound Quality vehicles and has treated me really good for many years in Competiton ...

I will use nothing else ...

isokit10face_sm.jpgisokit10back_sm.jpg

Info for this driver can be found here ... http://www.linearpower.com/detail/speakers/isokit10back_sm.jpg

Again please, this is only my suggestion. Best of luck with you setup !!!

Kenwood / HELIX / Linear Power (For The Love Of Music) / Brutal Sounds / OverKill Electric Co 

Questions About Sound Quality ?? Try Here ... Sound Quality, What does it REALLY mean ?? 

I agree 100% with cableguy on this I run the linear power isokit 8 inch and it is hands down true sq ... BUT ... I also rub two of these on a 2250 and let me tell you it will get nasty loud and shake the car so don't let it fool you on its size.

I agree 100% with cableguy on this I run the linear power isokit 8 inch and it is hands down true sq ... BUT ... I also rub two of these on a 2250 and let me tell you it will get nasty loud and shake the car so don't let it fool you on its size.

Not only that ... But they look absolutely Bad Ass in a small SUV !!!

IMG_20140321_110001152_zps31c4f38f.jpg

IMG_20140321_110009294_zpsce2c7957.jpg

IMG_20140322_101358446_HDR_zpsb68e014e.j

Looks like I have a lot of work to do to get my 49 Ford into this kind of shape !!!

Archived