Right and starting off you arent exactly goinf to be a ddos magnet but these are things to consider. I cringe at the thought of calling in support cases anymore.

Same lol. If you want great support buy from Netherlands providers. They are so nice.

Bought a custom server and shipped it there for colo (dual Xeon, 20Tb in hdd and 200SSD for RAID0 with 32gb ram (intended to sell game servers). I couldn't connect for a week so I messaged them and they restarted my server and credited me 2 weeks for the inconvenience lol.

Buying a new server and setting it up is so fun :)

If SMD ever becomes a DDoS magnet, you guys should move to Voxility/limehost. Free 500gb protection!

Smd is on clloudflare actually

THERE IS NO BUILD LOG!

1998 Chevy Silverado ext cab

Alpine CDA-9887

4 Team Fi 15s

2 Ampere Audio TFE 8.0

2 Ampere Audio 150.4

3 Digital Designs CS6.5 component sets

Dual Mechman 370XP Elite alternators inbound!

8 XS Power d3400

6 XS power d680

Second Skin

Stinger

Tsunami Wiring

Sky High

A Real Voltmeter not a piece of shit stinger.

Get a VPS or dedi instead of buying shared. It is much better

What are you hosting?

I personally buy domains from offshore parties so DMCA has no control

It will be mostly for car audio stuff. At first I don't need anything real powerful. But who know what the future holds.

If it's a small site just get shared hosting through someone big that's cheap. If SoftLayer is still cheap go with them and worse case you just move later down the line. Unless your goal is to learn how to run LAMP get something prefab so you have support.

I used to have 40 or so boxes with them back when I was hosting gaming servers and a fairly large gaming network. We went there after we had tons of problems with Defender which was in Equinix but this was ages ago.

Smd is on clloudflare actually

Tcp based attacks drop cloud flare faster than snoop Dogg dropes it like its hot

As we all know that depends on their ability to mitigate the attack and depends on a ton of factors. I used to run boxes with ThePlanet which is what SoftLayer used to be and they were great. They own their DCs so when you have an issue it isn't crossing 2 or 3 companies for a resolution. Voxility for example relies on Equinix so if you run into a problem and contact Voxility (assuming they aren't buying from someone who buys from Equinix) they pass it to Equinix who passes it to GlobalCrossings who in turn acts. Most smaller attacks they can mitigate, but real big ones falls back on the ISP which is what everyone does. Voxility has a very similar setup to anyone using these guys (we have a pretty big cage in Equinix) and if we had another party between us and them the reaction time would be even worse than it already is. We have some serious horror stories about Equinix simply because their work is done internally by a few companies which in turn contract with even more...

I had great luck with ThePlanet/SoftLayer, but that was 8+ years ago so I dunno what they are like now, but I do know when you call them it's them fixing it and not 3-5 layers of contractors which is a great bonus for the small guy. 99/100 work wise when we are under a large attack we rely on Level3 to fix it even though it's Equinix pushing the ticket around. Don't let the "500 GB/s mitigation protection" bullshit fool you. Look at their site, they list shit that is Equinix provided services not their own they don't have shit.

If at first you do not succeed, you are doing it wrong! -ARS
UnderLoK-Tanq-SMD-Forum-resized.jpg
Check out my walled TBSS build over here
4 Fi Team 18s on 2 Cactus K9
DS18 doors on 2 MBQ 1Ks, Vifa pillars on a STL4.500
Pioneer X8500
6 XS Power D7500, 1 3400S
Second Skin
2 270a Mechman Alts

Archived