Hands in the air now. Rough idle, shitty start, odd smell.

Vacuum leak? Just throwing ideas out there to try and help

"Toyota Camry rebuild page 21 (link)http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/183768-94-crossfire-camry-18s-walled-singer-alt-has-arrived-rebuild-starts-pg-10/page-21

PIONEER DEH-P8400BH

2 CROSSFIRE C5 1700D

2 CROSSFIRE C7 18

HOOD. NSB GROUP48 TRUNK SMS AGM400

DUAL RUNS X SCORP 1/0 OFC

275A SINGER ALT.

DYNAMAT XTREME

SOUNDSTREAM TA4.280

PIONEER COMPONENTS

Vac testing was ok.

I hold start gas line pressure then, It does dip. Past recomeded.

I just trip on a fuel pump causing the only codes. (All NOW RANDOM miss fires?)

This mechanic said he is 99% sure it's the fuel pump.

Don't explain the other shit, but I'm no gmc tech. ?!

Well cant the mechanic test the fuel pressure? If its getting fuel upto the fuel rail then check your fuel injectors.. Dirty or clogged fuel injectors? Symptoms of clogged fuel injectors can include a rough idle, misfiring, and hesitation. A loss of power or higher emissions can also be caused by clogged fuel injectors. Various deposits in fuel cause the clogged injectors. Try Seafoam?

"Toyota Camry rebuild page 21 (link)http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/183768-94-crossfire-camry-18s-walled-singer-alt-has-arrived-rebuild-starts-pg-10/page-21

PIONEER DEH-P8400BH

2 CROSSFIRE C5 1700D

2 CROSSFIRE C7 18

HOOD. NSB GROUP48 TRUNK SMS AGM400

DUAL RUNS X SCORP 1/0 OFC

275A SINGER ALT.

DYNAMAT XTREME

SOUNDSTREAM TA4.280

PIONEER COMPONENTS

Have you jiggled the power cord? Might be time to drop it off and say fix it.

Just a heads up. You wont get what youve paid out of it in blood sweat and tears if you puss out.

THERE IS NO BUILD LOG!

1998 Chevy Silverado ext cab

Alpine CDA-9887

4 Team Fi 15s

2 Ampere Audio TFE 8.0

2 Ampere Audio 150.4

3 Digital Designs CS6.5 component sets

Dual Mechman 370XP Elite alternators inbound!

8 XS Power d3400

6 XS power d680

Second Skin

Stinger

Tsunami Wiring

Sky High

A Real Voltmeter not a piece of shit stinger.

Have you jiggled the power cord? Might be time to drop it off and say fix it.

Just a heads up. You wont get what youve paid out of it in blood sweat and tears if you puss out.

I know bro.

I've lost in ever single sell with this venture. That I understand and know.

And ya kid, I'm not stupid, and all the work up to the scan was done by me.

Only thing that I paid someone else to do, was put a code reader on.

All It did was show a mid fire on 2 different cyls.

I put a hose and gage on, and it reads fine. Bit it does drift after ignition.

This is where the dude with the meter says it's bad. 60psi and drops. I just struggle with it miss firing with a bad pump. I can see and understand the sensors trying to ccompensate for a bad reading. I get it. Buuut something is squishy to me ?!?!

(I'm no car mechanic)

I bought my truck and knew it wouldnt be worth a shit. I've been through a tranny in it and busted brake lines seized rear brakes bad fuel pump and some other stuff Im sure I've blocked out. It won't leave my possession unless something life altering happens. I've put bled sweat tears and more profanities in that thing than a prison yard. Here's the time you are thankful you have a second vehicle and take a step back. Give it a few weeks and see how you feel because acting with emotion will just mean you do something you'll regret. If it sits for a few weeks or a month or so it doesnt cost you anything but insurance. Think about hte amount of gas and other stuff you'll save yourself in that period and it will help lessen the repairs cost.

Don't give up you're almost finished with it and it's only april. You'll kick your own ass come June July and August if you get rid of it.

THERE IS NO BUILD LOG!

1998 Chevy Silverado ext cab

Alpine CDA-9887

4 Team Fi 15s

2 Ampere Audio TFE 8.0

2 Ampere Audio 150.4

3 Digital Designs CS6.5 component sets

Dual Mechman 370XP Elite alternators inbound!

8 XS Power d3400

6 XS power d680

Second Skin

Stinger

Tsunami Wiring

Sky High

A Real Voltmeter not a piece of shit stinger.

Just popping this here cause one of my oil change guy is running into almost the same issue and did a little searching on google.

Condition
Some owners of 1996, 1997, 1998, 1999, 2000, 2001 and 2002 model year S/T, M/L, C/K, G, P and W4/NPR trucks and 2003 NPR trucks that are registered in California, equipped with 4.3L (RPO L35 and VIN Code W or RPO LF6 and VIN Code X), 5.0L (RPO L30 and VIN Code M) or 5.7L (RPO L31 and VIN Code R) engine, and California emissions (RPO YF5), may experience a Service Engine Soon light, misfire, rough idle or hard start due to a deposit build up on the Sequential Central Port Injector (SCPI) poppet valve(s). The deposit build up may cause injector poppets to stick closed. Fuels used in California have been found to interact with the SCPI system to cause the deposits.

Then it goes through a list of what to check for for the techs.

From a few of the old timers here they think a leak from spider injectors, possable cat. or just replace with a new jasper crate engine. New engine solves everything.

If it's worth building, it's worth over building.

image_zps27zlqdnx.jpg

Archived