mids n highs having to much bass??????

Blake Farrar

Let's recap through all the information you have given us that you have done.

You replaced the H/U, so we know it isn't that.

You replaced the mids amp with your brothers, so we know it isn't that.

You said you used a different set of rca patch cords, so we know it isn't that.

You said you checked all wiring from speakers to grounds, so we know it isn't that.

So what else is left to check that could be a possible cause? OMG, I'm baffled.

01 Ford focus ZX3

Pioneer AVH-X491BHS

PPI PC 4800.2

Morel Maximo 6.5" x2

Let's recap through all the information you have given us that you have done.

You replaced the H/U, so we know it isn't that.

You replaced the mids amp with your brothers, so we know it isn't that.

You said you used a different set of rca patch cords, so we know it isn't that.

You said you checked all wiring from speakers to grounds, so we know it isn't that.

So what else is left to check that could be a possible cause? OMG, I'm baffled.

yeah i really have no idea what to do =/

Here it is in a nutshell, buy a nice set of components and ditch the pro audio speakers. There is a saying and it goes " K.I.S.S." keep it simple stupid" and it applies to many things in life, everytime you make something more complex than it needs to be, the greater the chance of having problems.

01 Ford focus ZX3

Pioneer AVH-X491BHS

PPI PC 4800.2

Morel Maximo 6.5" x2

Here it is in a nutshell, buy a nice set of components and ditch the pro audio speakers. There is a saying and it goes " K.I.S.S." keep it simple stupid" and it applies to many things in life, everytime you make something more complex than it needs to be, the greater the chance of having problems.

i have 2 nice sets of component speakers and it doesnt matter if i run one set are both sets and both 8s the problem is still there.

I don't know if it will work since it does seem like you tried everything but try getting a d-block and run your grounds through it at one spot.

i really doubt that this problem is a ground problem ive used the same ground for about a year with no problems till now and i cleaned the grounds up my volts are better than ever but i did order some 8 guage ofc wire to run a seprate power wire just for my ct sounds amp so maybe thatll help and i also bought some new speaker wire so im gonna wire up some stuff diffrently and try to find the problem, its a matter of time till i find it.

So looking at the pic you are not using the amp crossover at all. You have it set to full pass. That is the way I have mine set also for my component set as I am using the passive crossovers. What I do is use the HPF on the head unit to set my mids low cut off point. If I turn the HPF off on the head unit I get a lot of bass out of my 6,5s but the REs sound good there. I would try and set your HPF on your head unit to 80 or 100hz and see if that helps. It should just because that's what will cut off the lows from your mids.

If not then put the switch on the amp to HPF and set it from there.

80prs

Arc Audio Xdi 1200.6 (using active crossovers) Freaking awesome amplifier

Incriminator IA 10.1

Focal PS 130v 5.25 (doors)

4" Faital pro Neo (kick panels) 

3" Faital pro Neo and focal tweets( dash)

DC Audio level 3 12"  custom box designed by joex built by me

AGM front, XS 750SE batteries rear

DC 180 alt

99 Toyota Tacoma extra cab

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/179476-my-small-build-turned-into-the-ongoing-build/

No, it's your crossover on your amp. You're actually not using them at all. See that little switch that has three settings labeled "HPF x10, x1, LPFx10"? Switch that to HPF x10 for your tweeters. What that does is change your crossover frequency adjustments from 50-500Hz (x1, where you are now, much too low for tweeters) to 500Hz-5kHz (x10). That's for your tweeter channels only. Then you need to switch both to HPF where it says "HPF, Full, LPF". You will want your mids to be about 100Hz and your tweeters to be about 4kHz. That's a general area for PA stuff.

This isn't really an active capable amp for your mids, don't know why it only has one filter. My recommendation would be to run your mid channels as LPF on the amp and HPF on the head unit when you can adjust it, but until then running your mids with only a HPF until rolloff shouldn't be a huge issue.

"Clipping" is the biggest forum boner now. It's like witchcraft... it automatically explains just about everything people don't understand.

My build log: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/200295-gckless-2011-chevrolet-impala/

High resolution photos: Gilbert Kless Photography

So looking at the pic you are not using the amp crossover at all. You have it set to full pass. That is the way I have mine set also for my component set as I am using the passive crossovers. What I do is use the HPF on the head unit to set my mids low cut off point. If I turn the HPF off on the head unit I get a lot of bass out of my 6,5s but the REs sound good there. I would try and set your HPF on your head unit to 80 or 100hz and see if that helps. It should just because that's what will cut off the lows from your mids.

If not then put the switch on the amp to HPF and set it from there.

that sounds simple enough man im about to go mess with it and try to tune it thanks for the help

Archived